1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Disallowing Bad Laps

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Being still relatively new at this I am hotlapping one car on five tracks. When I set a new personal record I go on to the next track. The problem is bad laps. To my way of thinking, if you get four wheels off the lap shouldn't count but AC counts it. It may be forever inshrined as your best lap unless you delete it and start over. I tried to figure out how to manually revise the lap record data but nobody has come up with a way to do that, at least not a method that worked for me. Is there any way to disallow bad laps so they are not considered for best lap?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Disallowing assists for the player and AI cars May 17, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Cars haveing bad netcode at the start of each session Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer no bad ping or wifi racers allowed Jul 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Results bad json Dec 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions patch v 1.8.7.1 bad , doesn't work Dec 8, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad VR performance after upgraden 6900XT --> RTX4900 Dec 5, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad Performance after Windows 11 22H2 update Oct 14, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Baden GT BMW M2 CUP May 23, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Too bad graphic with new PC Mar 25, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room BADEN GT TOUR season 4 Oct 11, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How can a game so good be so BAD Sep 20, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad Performance in Multiplayer Aug 31, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DIY Wheel Badges (Thrustmaster) Aug 4, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad VR performance -> restarting settings Jul 7, 2021

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Do you have penalties enabled?

4. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Not that I am aware of. All that solve this problem? How do I do it?

5. Rudski

Rudski Alien

It's in the same place you adjust track temps and stuff like that, it's on the right hand side where you can enable/disable the ghost car(hotlap mode).

[​IMG]

6. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I know where that is. However, will it apply to Hotlaps? I'm pretty sure it is off right now but lap records still get recorded. It says achievements will not be recorded if it is off but does that mean non-achievements will not be recorded if it is on?

I'll give you a for instance where this got me. I don't know the names of the turns but at Spa, coming off the hill, there is a long double apex turn with a huge amount of runoff. I ran off slightly because I was going too fast but because I was going too fast I ended up setting a personal best. I only discovered what happened when I replayed the lap. By then it had already been saved. It should not have been.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

With penalties off track limits aren't enforced in any session, with penalties on they will enforce the AC default track limits of 2 tyres allowed out. This seems strict on paper but the official tracks usually have curbs and astro as valid track so its still often a bit softer then allowing 3 tyres out which is the more accepted rule for many race classes. 3 tyres out is also often from the white line meaning curbs would not be valid but some series and particular tracks seem to have different standards so there is no one blanket rule and understanding for all.

8. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I get that but I'm trying to find out how it affects personal lap records. Unfortunately I am out of town so can't test it myself. If nobody says anything, when I get home I will try it on a fresh track.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If penalties are on then outside track limit laps arent valid or saved anywhere, also obviously if penalties are off every lap is counted and considered valid.

10. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Thanks. Can't wait to get home to try it.

11. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Thanks. Worked like a charm. I took a car I hadn't driven before and did a slow lap. Then I did a faster lap and purposely got all four wheels outside the line. The system said my personal best was the slow lap, which is exactly what I wanted.

This leads to a new question, which I can test myself but might not need to. This is under session settings. Does that mean it has to be reset each time or does it remember?

12. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

It sticks!! I was able to give it a try before anybody replied.

This is great! Now if I set a new personal I know it all be legal.

martcerv likes this.
  13. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

There is an "official" laptime leaderboard, RSR Live Timing. You can subscribe and install the app, then you can compare your lap times with those of other people, too. If installing the app is too much of a headache, you can still just go to the website and check the times to have an idea of where you stand.
    Here is the link: http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yes and RSR even has its own lap invalidation wbich is slightly stricter then ingame default penalties as generally astro turf is not considered valid track but it is in most official tracks.

15. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I understand they are shutting down in a couple of months.

However, at this point I am not far enough along to worry about what other people are doing. I'm just trying to improve my own times but I wanted to be sure to exclude the bad laps.