1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Discussing Driving Views

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Diablo_rf, Apr 8, 2019.

?

What type of camera view are you using?

1. Interior

92.6%
  2. Exterior

3.5%
  3. I use both, depending of the situation

3.9%
  1. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

Hey, in iracing i run 85 deg, i drive only formula car, i don't know if the different cockpit could be a thing.
    In acc i must run 40-42 deg to be consistent.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    Snoeipaard likes this.
  2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Hardcore Simmer

Referring to https://andyf.me/fovcalc.html your hFov in iracing is correct at 85° and your according vFov in ACC should be around 29° deg.
    Are you able to take the same car and track in iRacing as in ACC?
    Would be interesting to hear your impressions comparing these two games with the same car/track combo and according settings, maybe even better adding screenshots of both in the same place.

upload_2020-11-12_18-35-25.png

Snoeipaard and LATE4APEX like this.
  3. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Thanks, that should help.

As @AndyK70 allready mentioned, if you want to be running the correct FOV, then it should be around 29° for ACC. Not sure if it goes that low though. But if it does, I would like to know of that works for you.

4. Monotone

Monotone Rookie

I’ve got a question around this topic I run at 45 degrees at the mo. But on the calculator it’s asking for around 30.

If I run at around 30 I get a weird letterbox pendulum effect that almost makes me a little notion sick. Feel a little detached.

So the question is. If I run at 30, can I move the camera forwards, backwards etc. Or does that negate the correct fov?

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You can move it forwards/backwards as much as you like. The field of view stays the same, it's just the camera position that changes.

6. Monotone

Monotone Rookie

So aim for the lowest to correct ratio as possible but move the camera. Ok that makes sense.

Im up around fifty for the backwards movement. Are even big numbers like that ok to work with?

Funny enough that’s also my distance to screen in inches. Not sure if they relate but just funny they are the same.

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Watch this:

8. Monotone

Monotone Rookie

Ha perfect. There’s a little section that just makes me look a right fool.

Makes complete sense. It’s just the camera depth. Suppose it just felt like I was undoing it by moving the camera.

Thanks for the help. Will go a relearn my eyes!

AndyK70 and Oblit0r like this.
  9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Definitely not a fool, completely understandable to think that changing camera position also changes FoV.