1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. GONKO

GONKO Racer

So I thought I would make a thread dedicated to all things GT4.

I am going to spend more time on the GT4's over the coming week. I find that they are very delicate to set up, more difficult to drive fast. Although I also haven't spent much time with the setups...I do feel that there is a lot more time to be found through the setup compared to the GT3 cars.

I done a race at Spa this morning in the M4, and was way off the pace with the default aggressive set up (even another M4 in the race) to the tune of 3 seconds per lap LOL.

What do you guys find works in terms of set up...what car do you prefer and why etc?
    In the GT3's I normally go for the Lambo/Audi/Ferrari/McLaren - so mid-engined cars.
    I think the KTM feels quite similar to these too and I also like the Alpine as they feel similar to the GT3's that I normally race.

I'd love to hear everyone's general comments on GT4's and so on.

John Hargreaves likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Discussing MP Mixed-Class Racing - GT3/GT4 Jul 9, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Driving Position and Ergonomics Feb 20, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Discussing AI (no reports) Mar 20, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Discussing AC vs. ACC Aug 24, 2020
    ACC Physics Discussing the BMW M6 GT3 Jul 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Release 1.3.1x Apr 15, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents Jan 15, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Discussing hardware, rigs and performance [CONTROLLER REPORTS IN THE CONTROLS SECTION PLEASE] Nov 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Unreal Sep 13, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Driving Views Apr 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Discussing ACC Safety rating Feb 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Real-Life Motorsports - 2019 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 Dec 28, 2018
    ACC Multiplayer GT2 cars output as GT4 carGroup in results Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Gameplay GT4 not leaving PIT in Multi-class race Jan 28, 2024
    Physics Bugs & Issues GT4 and ARBS Jan 22, 2024

3. I'm certainly enjoying working my way through the cars. I did a quick two or three laps with each car on the first night, just to get a rough feel of each one, and I think my first favourite was the Alpine, which felt more agile than some of the bigger ones. I've also been enjoying the Ginetta, so I guess my preference is for lighter car. I'm now slowly working through, spending time getting to know each one better. One of the best things about the pack is that each car is different in character, so you genuinely feel like you have a pack of 11 different cars, not 11 cars that are more or less the same except for the 3D model and livery.

Fremen_78 likes this.
  4. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I normally raise the rear ride height a few mm’s just to make them less kerb sensitive on exit but I’m not a fast driver, just I prefer the back end less snappy

5. Creegz

Creegz Racer

I personally really like the Alpine but they are absolutely touchier cars. I drive the AMG in GT3 but the Alpine is a ton of fun. The Camaro is pleasing to hear and drive, it's a super fun car. I haven't had much of a chance to go into any others at this time but they are absolutely a different beast. I realized my pace compared to everyone else is considerably better in GT4 cars than GT3's.

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

I'm really liking the GT4 class. Very different driving style. However, I'm not getting the door-to-door racing I was hoping for with the AI. The races with AI are very similar to GT3 AI races. I was hoping for more close racing, door-to-door, nose-to-tail, "rubbing is racing" type of thing, but the cars are all spread out just like the GT3 races. Anyway, they're still fun.

7. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Maybe, but I'll stick to the Aris approach. Learn to drive the default setup, the setup won't give you 2 or 3 seconds but your driving style.
    Before I even think to tweak the setup (springs, rollbar, etc.) I stick to adjusting tire pressure to weather condition and driving a lot of laps.
    I still find corners and sections driving them a bit different giving me 2/10s or even up to 5/10s for that section without touching the setup.
    When I'll hit a limit where I can't get better and I have struggle getting the car to do what I want, I may begin to dig into the setup.
    Still weeks away from there.

Christopher Low and noikeee like this.
  8. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

No many time to try very well 11 cars. At the moment my favorite is the KTM, second Alpine. First impression: Aston M. is good to go out with my wife at dinner. Maserati is undriveble. Ginetta I don't like right side. Very good BMW, Mercedes, Audi. I prefer 6 gear instead of cars with 7... Camaro I don't know yet.

9. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

Working my way through the cars testing at Zolder as I really enjoy the track. Have been quickest in the BMW so far despite not feeling engaged with it. The Aston is a load of fun as doesn't share the gt3 characteristics so has more go in the lower range. Still more cars to drive though so no go to choice made yet (AMG in gt3 as learned to love it!)

10. Vel

Vel Simracer

Have been playing around with the GT4 Maserati and coming to the gradual conclusion that it's something of a very unforgiving, as much as it is educational sort of car. Without the typical assists it really is rather merciless, the brakes are special and lack of any TC rather alarming. At least, coming from GT3's and cars with such assist features. But given some time, it really seems to force some basics, that once you acclimate, - can be carried over to cars with TC & ABS. Driving the Maserati for a few hours and going to something with TC really makes one appreciate TC. Appreciate where it really can be best leveraged or simply has an edge you may not have expected. Of course, one does brake differently with ABS (the styles / techniques drastically different) as opposed to modulating the brakes manually without the feature.... - yet in general, - the car has been rather rewarding to learn things all-over-again with.

It's really the sort of car where i wonder how much a very skilled driver/ "alien" could get out of it. Could GT3 level times be extracted from it even?

(It feels like a wolf in sheep's clothing, ... on rollerskates!)

$parkmastertape likes this.
  11. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

I love the Maserati because it feels so old school! When I first started sim racing in the GTR2 days, "real sim racers" didn't use any assists even if the real car had them in real life lol. It was looked down upon to even use a small amount of TC or ABS so we all learned to drive 400hp & 500hp beasts with no TC or ABS. This brings me back :)

Fremen_78, Freddie Seng, dek and 2 others like this.
  12. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Their different characters makes them so strong on some tracks and weak on others, even more pronounced than GT3s in my opinion. AMG at bathurst is simply phenomenal, while Ginetta at Brands is very strong. I am really loving this as there are so many different combination that makes the gameplay so profound and detailed.

Coming from the GT3s, the most difficult aspect I had to rewire my brain around was the ABS. Feels more like a street cars ABS, where even at 1, locking the brakes in most of the cars is near impossible, the car will simply push wide on corner entry if the pedal is smashed.

The racing is also very very good mostly. But in online multiclass, it sheds a light on the horrors that can be seen in the back of the field of a GT3 field :eek:

All in all, I love it, thanks Kunos for this new masterpiece!

Freddie Seng, Vel and GONKO like this.
  13. Gu3st

Gu3st Rookie

Price is still too high in my region. Waiting for them to adjust it before I buy it. If it doesn't get adjusted, I'll wait for a sale.

14. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I went from 29th - 10th in GT4 Mclaren in a mixed race at Nürburgring last night....before turn 1! Absolute carnage on main straight :). It was an 80SA server as well. TBH I don't think the GT3s who've not set a laptime starting behind the GT4s is a good idea, hope Kunos do something about that.

15. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

I enjoyed driving the Maserati but I'm nowhere near being of the standard to extract the potential out of it. Its a great reminder of a car that buying a decent wheel and pedals doesn't make you a sim racer!

Maybe one for Nils to show us how its done?!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  16. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Nah, the Maserati is still a GT4 car. An alien will be able to extract GT4 pace from it.

AndyK70 and lero like this.
  17. Nebulozny

Nebulozny Racer

I love the GT4 cars, really nice change of pace and driving style. I'm kind of leaning for Ginetta at the moment it is nimble. Have to re-learn all the braking points and how to take curves on every track, feels like a new game really.

Bathurst on top of the mountain almost feels like a Sunday drive compared to intense GT3 speeds but somehow racing as a whole experience feels same in terms of excitement.

18. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Before the release, I was wondering Maserati and Ginetta, but in the end I liked Porsche and BMW.

The Porsche feels very alive and predictable, but it requires precise tuning in my case. Perhaps the reason is the location of the engine - I do not like medium/rear engine cars in ACC.

The BMW is nothing like the one in the RRE. It feels a bit cumbersome and requires adjustment of the camber, otherwise it goes straight into a corner.

McLaren turned out to be perfect :) :rolleyes:

19. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I usually use the alpine, I love this car, it is very agile in a curve but very slow in a straight line, the bmw looks like an F1.

20. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Imho they all drive great. Even better than most of the GT3 cars. For me the GT4 cars are fast enough and great for racing. The McLaren is my favorite so far. There are a few cars i haven't tested yet (Audi, BMW), but overall i'm quiet happy with this DLC (still not with the Unreal engine, especially the anti aliasing, but that's another topic). And compared to DLCs for other sims the price is really low. In iRacing i get two cars for the money, here i get 11!

There's just one thing that bothers me a bit: It's the sounds. Most cars sound great, but some aren't on the same level as the GT3 cars in the main game. The Maserati for example has the same basic engine sound it had in AC1. It's not entirely bad, but it sounds a bit artificial. Camaro doesn't sound great too. Problem is: Engine revs and gear whine are baked together like in some R3E cars. It's not bad, but it sounds weird. But most other cars i've tested sound good. I guess this is because of the corona crisis and recording wasn't always possible. I can live with that. Maybe we get some sound updates later?

Fremen_78, Dhgomes and nrc689 like this.
  21. Camaro is life. Camaro is love.

Lurkusmaximus and LATE4APEX like this.