1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. I love the GT4 cars, and always check if there are GT4 only races going. However I will never again use a GT4 in a mixed server. People are outright weapons on most ACC open lobbies most of the time anyway, and when all of the aforementioned weapons are significantly faster than you its even worse. Anyone racing a GT3 in an open lobby that I have encountered have complete disregard for the GT4 cars and their race. I suspect that is why there are not many people brave enough to run GT4s in the mixed servers.

It's pretty sad because if raced right mixed races could be a blast.

Mogster, FriendOfJah, its.me and 2 others like this.
  2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

:eek:

3. popo87

popo87 Simracer

GT4s allow for very fun races, but I'd like it if there was even more balance of performance between all the cars. for the moment the aston martin is on another level, its weaknesses correspond to the greatest merits of other cars that have major defects. it is a bomb and it is very difficult to undermine in the race. it's a shame because you risk that in private championships you make an aston single-make and all those beautiful cars that are there no one uses them.

FriendOfJah and mau92 like this.
  4. mau92

mau92 Hardcore Simmer

I agree, slow drivers on fast cars are a complete problem. They pretend you to disappear when they are catching up instead of waiting for the correct place to overtake. However, I had had a lot of great races in mixed servers with people respecting each other everywhere. However, these are the least (And now non existent). Anyways, I'd like to see the lack of GT4 racing adressed in the future because they are leaving out some great content.

FriendOfJah and AndyK70 like this.
  5. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

I too am gutted, there is little in means of GT4 servers, and more so the mixed classes. Being a fan of British GT championship. It's great to see full grids and how the traffic affects outcomes of both classes.
    With any luck the release of the British tracks may boost them again, as the British tracks are perfect for GT4.

6. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I am not sure if this has been metioned already but the sound of most of the GT4 wheel changes might be improved since those cars have five wheel nuts with some exeptions and it sounds like one central lock.

7. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

I have noticed this too. After watching real races, the pits should take longer in GT4. As you say, they don't have a centre locking nut

CatXn likes this.
  8. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

I’ve never driven the Aston Martin GT4 car so far. I fell in love with the McLaren GT4 after just trying the BMW and the Audi. Forgive my ignorance here, so you’re saying the Aston Martin GT4 car has an clear advantage over the other GT4 car types? In my GT4 Championship Season I’ve never seen that car on the podium. Am I missing something here? Please let me know, thanks so much.

9. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

10. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Racer

I tried some cars and I think the Porsche is the fastest, the 570s is quite good if you can manage the rear tyres. On bumpy tracks the AMG is also super good due to her soft suspension. The BoP seems ok to me except the for the light car (it's probably because the race are not always long enough for them to show how well they can manage tyres + fuel consumption). Overall I think the BoP is good.

11. DusterBuster

DusterBuster Rookie

I noticed with the custom liveries the GT4 "National" Cup has the number plates of the AM Cup. You guys know if this is on design, as there is no national GT4 category?