1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Release 1.3.1x

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Günthar Rowe, Apr 15, 2020.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

My frustration is as I posted.

And having to put up with that frustration from those who feel they are in a position to tell the developer how to run their business, but don't have enough smarts to do a back up

Vunnible likes this.
  2. magzire

magzire Alien

wtf... 4.8gb update. has done this before

3. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Anyone else noticed or is it just me that the car display now shows the last three letters of your surname instead of the first three?

In my case it's 'EWS' instead of 'MAT'.

4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Works fine on my side.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

5. Turk

Turk Alien

What kind of BMW do you drive? :p

Aris gave a pretty long and detailed explanation of the bumbstop fix, I don't remember him assuming anything. There was an underlying condition that was sort of masked by GT3's because of
    down force and it was random, they had to rework it for the GT4s which don't have downforce, and the upshot is the GT3s also get the improved bumpstops. No guessing or assumptions.

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ah, understand you now. Understand that you are salty. Cant understand that you want to tell them what they have to do. o_O

Cant understand especially this from you

Aris said in his video that they realised, when they worked on GT4 cars, that someting was not right and they are ASSUMING that bumstop fix is the reason for that.
    Kunos you are assuming when you are making a new updates or do you know what are you doing?

This is without any respect.:oops:

7. So in GT3 a blue flag means let the car behind you overtake you but you don't have to slow yourself so he can pass you faster like in F1?

8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

No, the blue flag is just to notify you're about to get lapped and you shouldn't fight for position. You don't have to move out of the way or slow down.

Edit: There's situations where the car that gets blue flagged has to move aside, some sim racing leagues use this rule. In real life, in some series, it's more of a courtesy to move out of the way but not mandatory.

AndyK70, chksix and Vision_Slayer_525 like this.
  9. ToniLuzar58

ToniLuzar58 Gamer

Hmm guys, maybe you are right. There isn't any bug in the game. It's just my frustration and my imagination that i had last 6 out of 7 days some bug. Actually i didn't had any bug issue since i exit the game. Well tomorow is a new day.

10. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

And it's also based on a falsehood. I rewatched the video since I couldn't recall Aris saying anything of the sorts and I think @ToniLuzar58 probably misunderstood the video.

Relevant parts from 5:40

The only thing he mentioned (around 9:30) is they are not 100% sure about that the thing that sometimes bugged on the old suspension system also caused broken suspensions in some setups when you moved the sliders way too fast.

Unless @ToniLuzar58 can clarify where Aris said what you claim?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  11. ToniLuzar58

ToniLuzar58 Gamer

Yea i misunderstood a video. My fault, i apologise to everybody!!! Update is good, I was wrong, I apologise again.

Also it would be good that forums admin delete all my posts and even my forums account. I don't want to talk about anything about ACC here with anyone anymore. It is gone to far so no need to frustrate other forum members with my posts.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  12. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

The steering in the 911.2 seems a lot lighter than in 1.3.9. Could it be that maybe that's due to using an old setup?

13. CatXn

CatXn Rookie

I don't know if its been mentioned before but i noticed the mclaren 720s now has an aftermarket rear view camera monitor onboard to the the right side of the main display
    Possible explanation for the 4GB hot fix? idk

14. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I think there's no point in having extreme reactions: it's not perfect, it's not crap.
    I too had some issues in 1.3.10 that I thought were completely ironed out in 1.3.9.
    I have to test 1.3.11 and certainly when 1.4 is out there will be more to test.
    I think considering what this simulation offers it is worth us also helping out with testing. I passionately believe in fast-feedback.
    Kunos did previously engage in beta programmes hopefully they will consider it for 1.4, but bear in mind once you opt into the beta you automatically can't take part in non-beta servers so you are screwed...

15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

@CatXn

The 720S rear monitor came in 1.3.10

I'm surprised we aren't enjoying yet a wild speculation what those almost 5GB updates were. If it isn't new GT4 content (unlikely) then it's almost half of the games exsisting content updated.

Both IGTC and 2019 season updates were smaller if memory serves?

16. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Too late to edit, so I’ll quote myself. Steering does indeed seem lighter, even with a brand-new setup. But catching tailspins seems vastly improved to me. Perhaps the wheel isn’t fighting me as much, so countersteering is easier.

17. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

It's probably fair to say the devs have muted the term "Australia" so they don't see any posts about it. It might be worth using the term "New Holland" from now on, as that sounds European and will get their attention :oops:

18. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

This is the main issue I have with the blinker system, half of people use it to indicate which side to pass on, the other half indicate the side they are going to pull over to and it's easy to misjudge which interpretation the lapped driver wants you to use, especially if they aren't consistent with their lines.

I like the consideration and sportsmanship behind the gesture, but it doesn't always work that well in practise.

bondyboy likes this.
  19. Good idea
    XD

20. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Even for us europeans the server browser is a painful crap. We also have to scroll up and down, because the fancy weighting code doesn't work at all. I already gave up all the hope that there will ever be a working weighting/filtering/sorting or whatever.

AndyK70, Coanda and After_Midnight like this.