1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Unreal

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by el_goe, Sep 13, 2018.

1. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

also, do we know if they aren't using either already?

2. houssen

houssen Racer

deferred rendering and the vr in unreal they do not get along

Both MSAA and TAA are post processes and these go as stages within the deferred pipeline

sure kunos will get to solve that problem

Cote Dazur likes this.
  3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Since this is the “official” support forum, would be nice if someone from Kunos could share some insight on the deferred vs forward shading. The times when just down playing how many user use VR are over, VR user represent a large number of actual and potential ACC driver now, it is Kunos best interest to improve VR in this title.

Winston and houssen like this.
  4. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

I just got a brand new gaming pc and the setting you are discussing are no longer there for me, I’m confused because my other gaming pc has the settings available. Both pc’s have nvidia control panel

Baz

5. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

Is it maybe because I have went from a GTX 1060 to an RTX 2070?

Baz

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Got any statistics?

m_box97 and Typer like this.
  7. MABR

MABR Gamer

Maybe you have an old Nvidia driver? Version: 441.08 2019.10.29 "Adds support for image-sharpening from NVIDIA Control Panel"

8. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

thanks I’ll update tomorrow

baz

9. To be fair,the post count in the VR forum which would suggest a large amount of VR users playing/trying to play ACC(although the many issues with VR might account for this large number)

10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

That's a bit underwhelming.

12. chakko

chakko Alien

Indeed, considering 468 people who voted in that poll are hardly representative for... anything.

m_box97 and LATE4APEX like this.
  13. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

A lot of the posts in the VR forum are, like most forums, from the same people so it gives a false impression of how many are actually involved in the discussion. I would guess that the number of racers using VR is similar to the number using it for flight sims. There’s a big survey carried out each year by Navigraph (about 15,000 respondents in 2018) which includes VR stats and last year 17% said they owned a VR headset - see https://download.navigraph.com/docs/navigraph-flightsim-community-survey-2018-final.pdf#page49. VR users tend to be a very vocal minority so it often looks as if there are many more of them than there are in reality.

m_box97, GCCRacer, LATE4APEX and 2 others like this.
  14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

While VR users are a minority it is a fairly fast growing one relative to the sim racing user base and in time will be the standard majority while screen users will become the minority as it will only be used by people that can’t do VR for whatever reason

chksix and Ale Robles like this.
  15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Regardless of the number of vr users, Kunos have,said they are continually working to improve VR. It would be nice to know what they have explored and what if anything is still to be investigated. I'm not holding my breath though, maybe opening a dialogue would be opening a can of worms.

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

To all doubting VR is not a minority anymore among people driving a serious SIM like ACC, how about a poll right here (acc general discussion) right now.
    You will see that for this group, which is the only one that matters to us, VR is more used than the 2 other display alternative, single and triple.

Welcome to 2020 and happy new year,:D

bobken likes this.
  17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Unless you can guarantee EVERYBODY replies, won't prove anything.

vortex19 likes this.
  18. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Wide,16:9,or triple,those are all screens. And should be as one. Not separated.

Happy new year to everyone.

Sent from SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    vortex19 and LATE4APEX like this.
  19. Si.

Si. Simracer

I think single, triple and VR are a good split as more PC grunt and specific development is required for the 2nd two. However, I think only Kunos can provide a valid set of results (if they can determine it).

20. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

But every poll is just the same.
    It is a snap shot of what people in general like/dislike (or what ever the poll is trying to show).
    I don't think I have EVER known a poll where 'everyone' replies, it will simply never happen.
    Unfortunately its one of the best, reliable and only ways we can estimate things.