1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

OK DLSS 2.0 - Promising technology that ACC could benefit from

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by XzzDSA, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Artworx

Artworx Gamer

How old are you

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Obviously more mature than you, not being able to answer a simple question.

Is it some kind of a button you push ?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Obviously you unpack it and copy the contents into the plugin folder in the unreal engine. Easy! :)

5. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

either you don't understand the reference to the 1990 classic IT (https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0099864/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1)

or you have a severly crippled sense of humor.

Anyway, i guess, you won't make it into my "top 5 favorite people i'd like to meet"- list.

Sorry for that.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  6. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Oh s***, missed that. :(

That was well done :D

No sorrys needed dude.

elchshooter likes this.
  7. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

You have a ~20% faster GPU a 8 core Cpu and a Rift with lesser Res. as me (quest).
    I believe you...

But my setup dont bring enough Performance for ACC...

Please don't get me wrong ACC is really great, but currently I can only race in AC1 with 20 Ai.

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

To be fair I don’t normally race AI, generally online stuff only. I had a 2700X before and moving to a 3800x made a very noticeable difference, plan on changing again very soon

Xenix likes this.
  9. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to "train" for online races I don't want to bother anyone with wrong braking points ectect ..

Although I actually finish my races very often online, I only drive far behind the aliens. And if I ever win or end up on the podium then only because others make mistakes ...

That is much more boring for me than being involved in the race with an AI on same Level as me...

WardogZ, LATE4APEX and Serge M like this.
  10. nor_bak

nor_bak Rookie

Could be possible to implement a basic fixed foveated rendering for VR?
    A fixed position fixed size rectangle in fov center for example.
    My Rx5700XT and Oculus CV1 is struggling with 1.2SS (6Mpixels). And still is quite blurry. (AC looks better :p)

It's fine in single player even with 1.4SS without AI, but not with other cars. Everything low.

11. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

As per previous experiences in the past few years. there will be general fixes on the side of performance and graphics, all specific VR-related improvements generally should be made by third-party suppliers like Unreal or god knows who. Until those improvements arrive, there is not much you can do.

12. nor_bak

nor_bak Rookie

Bought new CPU. I went from 2600 to 5600x, got better fps. That will do for now. Hope this one doesn't bottlenecks GPU for a long time.

seb 6th gear likes this.
  13. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Thought this would be relevant here. I got it from Moore's Law is Dead's newest video. It's from one of his sources and is about FSR, AMD's equivalent to DLSS. He also said that he's been told that AMD may tease FSR as early as June 1. (And that he thinks Nvidia will try to buzzkill the launch with its own announcements.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  15. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Good stuff!
    Have to admit I'm a bit excited about this, especially since devs say it's far easier to implement FSR than DLSS, and it supports both AMD and Nvidia.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    marcos1988 likes this.
  16. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

I submited ACC with a note that it would really make the difference in VR. Now fingers crossed that 1) the tech is truly as effective and 2) the easyness of implementing can be done in an old UE4 engine full of custom code.

Ernie likes this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Ernie and Whitestar like this.
  18. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Please make it happen KS! The performance increase in AC1 was huge...

19. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

20. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr

You could arrange FSR for yourself. Don't expect anything from Kunos. It has been made pretty clear they have zero interest in optimising the game specifically for VR.