1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

OK DLSS 2.0 - Promising technology that ACC could benefit from

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by XzzDSA, Feb 18, 2020.

1. This game was meant to have RTX support and they dumped that because it would be a "very low framerate implementation". Now that they dumped RTX, they could at least give us DLSS as a "high framerate implementation" lol
    https://www.techpowerup.com/258340/assetto-corsa-competizione-dumps-nvidia-rtx
    So what if i bought a RTX 2080 just to enable raytracing in ACC, to find out later they wont support it ever? little dickmove imo

2. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I think not a single person in the world did that.

3. I hope so at least. Still, they announced big time that ACC will be one of the first games with raytracing. Now we see that the technology is too hungry for top tier gpus. But why not let the same people that would have the option to enable raytracing, benefit from DLSS now? (For the people moaning about giving away devs resources)

Ale Robles and marph like this.
  4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Who announced it? From what I know Kunos developed a "demo" for Nvidia to show off RTX. Where did Kunos advertise RTX? Got a link?

Freddie Seng likes this.
  5. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

It was nvidia, not Kunos, that announced it "big time".

And they didn't say it would be one of the first games with RTX. They said "At a later date, it will upgrade its cutting-edge Unreal Engine 4 visuals with bleeding-edge NVIDIA RTX Ray Tracing" (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/assetto-corsa-competizione-rtx-ray-tracing/). Which kinf of corresponds with Aris' latest comment on the matter: "If after our long list of priorities the level of optimization of the title, and the maturity of the technology, permits a full blown implementation of RTX, we will gladly explore the possibility".

That Techpowerup article is self-contradictory. First they say "Dumps", which in my vocabulary means "drops" or "cancels". Then they go on to quote the exact same statement above from Aris, where he effectively says it's not dumped, it's put on ice. Obvious clickbait.

I agree though that it would be smart to look into implementing DLSS2.

Ale Robles, Freddie Seng and AndyK70 like this.
  6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Me thinks Captain Weedfox might have been high when he read the article. :p

7. I bought a 2080 over a 1080ti because of DLSS:)

Chrissi Steinkkoenen likes this.
  8. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

That's completely understandable, my posting referred to "only bought for RT in ACC"

9. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

I'm a dumbass too then! I was upset when I got my 2080ti to find out that all the bells and whistles promised by nvidia wasn't included in ACC. I was so miffed at nvidia. But why did Kunos even do a tech demo? Surely it was a misleading and they all knew it! I am a lover of ACC and Assetto Corsa and NetKar Pro all off which I love and raced. But the guys must have known when they did the demo for the advertising it was never a realistic feature in the game and all off us, well me and and a few others would jump on the band wagon, sell our trusted 1080 ti gfx cards, sell a kidney, wait without a pc for a couple of months because of constraint and fire up our new sparkling RTX GFX Cards to be like sorry it was just a demo you can't have these features because the gpu is just to lame to have it implemented because or what ever isn't powerfull enough. So now DLSS v2 is about well why not? This is a feature that can be implemented with great success. Sure not everyone will benefit, I appreciate not everyone is in the position to be able to game RTX, the cards have only been available since Sept 2018, and it will take a few more years for them to be the standard. But on the plus side it would be a good reason to upgrade those systems so maybe Kunos are missing a marketing opportunity for real with Nvidia and not just teasing. Please don't flame me just my 2 cents... and like I said I've always supported Kunos back in the day!

10. Rudski

Rudski Alien

/grabs pitchfork :D

Tim Larsen and AndyK70 like this.
  11. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

On developer time, its quite minimal - Notes below on implementation - Its more the cost on developer to rent the cluster to build the pipeline. However the benefits for all Nvidia users could be 20-40% FPS boosts.. definately a benefit and drawcard to your title for all RTX users (And with 3000 series about to drop) with many 10 series people waiting for this, it would be a huge benefit.

Based on the current titles with DLSS2.0 the improvements are amazing.. You also dont need to use it with RT - They have extended resolution support quite a lot.

In short, if the cost isnt prohibitive, why not ?

-----------
    Notes from Redit thread on implementation -
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/agp6a5/how_does_a_game_get_dlss_support/

First Nvidia and the developer train Nvidia's AI super-cluster with images and renders of the game, taken at both 1440p and 4K (you can ideally do it for any 2 resolutions but right now it is just this). Super-cluster AI comes up with a pipeline for how to upscale images from 1440p to 4K with minimal loss in quality, longer you train the AI, smaller the quality loss will be. Next, Nvidia puts that pipeline to their drivers and cards with dedicated tensor cores use that pipeline to upscale the game from 1440p to 4K. It is not something that requires particularly high developer involvement as Nvidia does most of the work.

More detail is given here;

https://news.developer.nvidia.com/dlss-what-does-it-mean-for-game-developers/

DLSS is the first time a deep learning model has been placed directly into a 3D rendering pipeline. This is made possible through heavy use of the Turing TensorCores. But the developer need not worry about the difficulties of getting the DLSS model to run in only a few milliseconds. NVIDIA has had many teams that span NVIDIA Research, our Hardware & Architecture groups as well as many in Developer Technologies working on both image quality and performance and we will continue to improve both over time.

At this time, in order to use DLSS to its full potential, developers need to provide data to NVIDIA to continue to train the DLSS model. The process is fairly straightforward with NVIDIA handling the heavy lifting via its Saturn V supercomputing cluster.

In terms of who needs to contact who, I assume the developer needs to approach Nvidia. Nvidia might suggest it to some big AAA tittles of its long term partners (like EA and BFV and anthem). But for most developers, they would need to approach Nvidia. It is not clear if this will cost anything to the developer. I have read several different opinions ;

• Developer would need to rent the compute time on Nvidia's super cluster.

• Developer needs to pay a fixed "nvidia game works" fee, which will cover DLSS and other nvidia options developer wants.

• Developer needs to put nvidia badge on their game and actively promote nvidia with the game.

• Developer will not pay anything as the cost of DLSS is paid by the DLSS compatible card owners during purchase of the card.

12. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@Drathuu thank you for some robust information with sources.

This actually make me change my mind a bit. I had in my mind the game devs would have to train the model and spent lots of time to do it.
    When the devs will have eliminated the most severe quirks ACC then why not, if it doesn't cut away to much developing time off of normal work.

13. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Amazing development. I have a 1070 so can't try it out. Does DLSS 2.0 work on any VR titles yet?
    Or is it not capable of working for VR games?

14. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

this is all NVIDIA advertising

LATE4APEX likes this.
  15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Did you notice the "a bit" in my sentence and from the following sentence you could get I still would like the devs prioritizing getting the sim to work properly before going to implement such a new feature. :cool:

16. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

neeed DLSS 2.0, i have now in CONTROL 120-170 FPS at 1440p Ultra, so smooth, without I struggle at 50FPs.....+80% or +100% or +120% gain with better graphics, CRAZY NEW TECH DLSS 2.0, can't stop playing CONTROL.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Drathuu and earlyapex like this.
  17. spaceweed10

spaceweed10 Racer

What makes you think that?

18. Especially when you could just stick to the 1080ti for 2080 performance for a lot less.

RTX cards can't even manage good frames in ray-tracing titles to begin with yet you expect a 2080 to run ACC with 20+ cars to a grid?

DLSS would be nice but the devs know if it is worth it so whom knows what it will do for this sim.

19. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

It works, implement.

oldgamergazza likes this.
  20. What works?

I didn't see anything about ray-tracing or DLSS 2.0 being supported in ACC's current builds.
    Not too sure what you mean.
    Did I miss a setting?