1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

OK DLSS 2.0 - Promising technology that ACC could benefit from

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by XzzDSA, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Artworx

Artworx Gamer

If it is on their roadmap dlss.!
    The only things I notice is that everything is delayed without any notice.
    It could be just becoming codemasters 2.

2. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

I know you are probably only joking but they are nothing like codemasters. I'd say all hands on deck are busy with 1.4 updates, Console versions and GT4 pack atm. They are still actively developing things which is great. After or towards the end of those we may see some more of the requested features hopefully.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  3. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

I just read this on DLSS 3.0 which is interesting if true..... "DLSS 3.0 works inherently with any game that uses TAA"

[​IMG]

4. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

BYE BYE DLSS2.0. if it's true, with DX12 and DLS3.0 I will play at 4k epic 120fps !
    RTX 3000 instant buy for me !

5. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

It will be very cool to have DLSS (since the 2.0, I heard that it seems much easier to train/pratice the ia ?) because in VR its very difficult even with my 2080ti and my Pimax Artisan.
    And maybe around 20 fps, isn't nothing.

houssen likes this.
  6. Im off the thread guys.
    Either they add it or dont... no point in getting hyped over nothing.

p4thos likes this.
  7. LZanchin

LZanchin Rookie

So, earlier this week nVidia and Codemasters released an statement and article showcasing the newly added DLSS support to F1 2020. Which made me wonder how much of impact DLSS would have on ACC, which is a way heavier game when compared to F1.

I am not sure if Kunos ever talked about this officially, and I remember nVidia using ACC to showcase the power of the RTX cards, but is it in the plans or any real talks to bring this nice feature to this game?

8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

According to the developers, UE is heavily tweaked with Kunos own scripts to allow several ACC features.

Also, according to the developers, due to this, any change to a newer UE version or added graphics technology, like DLSS, requires redoing those scripts without knowing if they still work or if they break any game features.

So, even if the developers didn’t put a definitely no, unfortunately it seems unlikely that DLSS or any new graphic technology is going to be added to ACC, at least for a near future.

Rudski likes this.
  9. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

houssen and Ale Robles like this.
  10. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

No more ghosting, another welcome boost.

Brado23 and Ale Robles like this.
  11. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Looks like only on RTX devices

12. houssen

houssen Racer

13. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

14. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Because the unreal engine in ACC is heavily modified by Kunos and they can't just extend it by inserting a function. They would have to recheck every addition, modification or replacement they made for the rendering pipeline.

15. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

I have limited knowledge so not going to say for sure, but isn't that what they did for KTAA?

16. Artworx

Artworx Gamer

how would you know this?
    I did not see any dev here saying it is not possible.!

17. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

AndyK70 likes this.
  18. Artworx

Artworx Gamer

Ari’s said ;
    EDIT: I stand corrected as my informations could be wrong. I'm sure devs much smarter than me are on the subject and exploring but again as I said, if something was as easy as a switch of an option, it would have been already implemented.

Hé wont know, as he is the only person who’s no graphics/engine dev responding.
    This discussion started way back in the beta version and will last if there is never a clear answer.

19. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

They won't even tell us what works or not work in the engine.ini, some commands do others have to be entered console only. You can have max shadows and all tress etc at max and it doesn't turn into a slide show, I have all on max and it's just the AA really now that let's it down in the GFX Department.

20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

You included only the “edit” part, losing the context, because it’s related to DLSS working only with forward rendering engine and not with deferred rendering engine, used in ACC.

If my memory serves me well, Aris talked about it also in one of his videos, namely about UE custom scripts that Kunos had to add extensively to implement several features.
    And, although Aris isn’t a graphics developer, for sure he is very much well informed about ACC development.:D

On the positive side, those scripts allowed new features but, on the negative side, it makes much harder and unpredictable the change to a newer UE version and implementing new graphic technologies, due to having to redo all those scripts without even knowing if they would work or not, meaning that if they don’t ACC features can be broken.

My understanding of the developers position on this is that they didn’t definitely closed the door to changing to UE 4.25 version (or newer version if available) in future, with increased possibilities, including DLSS 2.0 (UE 4.25 custom branch), but, if it ever happens, it’s a task that requires a good chunk of time, heavy testing and development schedule available.

AndyK70 likes this.