1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DLSS 3.0 for RTX 40 Series

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by TheFinalBoss, Oct 5, 2022.

1. TheFinalBoss

TheFinalBoss Racer

Hi - simple question for the devs, will ACC support the new DLSS 3.0

Ale Robles, Shark75, cooknn and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality New RTX 3000 include dlss 3.0 with support for Temporary Antialiasing May 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions FSR 2.1 and DLSS 3.0+ ( WHY MY THREAD IS LOCKED??? ))) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions DLDSR/DLSS as alternative to TAA Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Dlss 2.3.9 is the best experience so far [Not recommended] Apr 15, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Blured cars in 100-200 m distance [DLSS/TAA ghosting] Mar 25, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds FSR/DLSS and Projection Correction? Jan 11, 2022
    ACC User Interface DLSS and resolution scale to 150% possible? Jan 7, 2022
    Bug reports DLSS not working Nov 28, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Manual Update to DLSS 2.3 possible [Not recommended] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC User Interface DLSS Problem. Image Scalingis missing [DLSS and IS are two different things] Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality DLSS puts an end to engines.ini workarounds. Nov 17, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions New Nvidia Driver add DLSS to ACC Nov 16, 2021
    ACC General Discussions DLSS support for Assetto Corsa Competizione Aug 24, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia DLSS UE4 plugin avaiable now! Accattatavill! Feb 13, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality DLSS for VR Sep 3, 2020

3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

cooknn likes this.
  4. antych

antych Rookie

This would be a game changer for ACC VR, as only 1/8 pixels with DLSS3 need to be rendered, the rest is reconstructed. This would allow for very high settings and supersampling.

chksix likes this.
  5. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I was able to order an RTX 4090 this morning. Next week 13900K and Z790 motherboard will probably ship. Should take delivery of my 1200w ATX 3.0/PCIe 5 PSU by the end of the month, but Gen 5 SSD's are still non-existent. Already have the DDR5 memory, box (Corsair 5000D Airflow), fans, cooler, etc. No RGB for me :D I may buy a Gen 4 SSD to hold me over as the anticipation will be killing me with that new video card in my closet. Moving up from a 2080 so pretty psyched.

Sounds like a recipe for ghosting if you ask me. My goal is to turn DLSS off. No guessing of frames. Hoping my new system can give me lots of eye candy and maintain 90fps in each eye (HP Reverb G2).

chksix likes this.
  6. antych

antych Rookie

There's no ghosting in DLSS3 based on games tested so far. Racing is an ideal use case for frame generation because of a temporally stable image, without fast twitch movements. You can see how well it works in Flight Simulator at lower frame rates than other games. The benefits you get from high resolution far outweigh any rendering artefacts you may see, so you absolutely need to use DLSS or TAA gen5 or regular upscaling to get the most out of Reverb in this game.

cooknn likes this.
  7. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I saw a frame still from F1 ‘22 using DLSS 3 and it was a mess. Can’t find it, though. Surely one of the 7 reconstructed frames. I hope you’re right. My current setup requires not only DLSS but Motion Reprojection to make 45fps look like 90 and work for VR. My future box should be an entirely new and amazing experience in ACC :eek:

8. antych

antych Rookie

It's early days for DLSS3, there may be some artefacts if the game doesn't provide all motion vectors etc. but first impressions from reviewers are very positive. I'll test it myself today when 4090 arrives. DLSS frame generation would do effectively what motion reprojection does, but in much more advanced way with AI/machine learning, offering similar performance with less artefacts and better image clarity.

9. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Found what I was looking for. This video goes into great detail. From the author of the video "You'll likely see issues with the presentation at any target frame rate below 100-120fps based on my experience with the technology so far." I'm going to have to pass on DLSS for ACC I think. We don't even know at this point if it will support 3.0. I'll have native frames at 100% resolution, please. I'll take what I can get. Which should be pretty sweet with my forthcoming RTX 4090.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  10. antych

antych Rookie

It's not really feasible to run it natively on Reverb while making the most out of this headset. You can see significant improvements in sharpness and clarity going up to resolutions like 8000x4000. Whether you use DLSS3, reprojection, TAA upscaling, gen5, or plain DLSS2 it doesn't matter. Supersampling (vr pixel density in the game) is the biggest factor determining how well this game looks in VR.

11. antych

antych Rookie

I've just put 4090 to the test. Finally ACC looks and runs great in VR (Reverb G2) with little compromise. 100% steamvr resolution, 140% VR pixel density, DLSS performance, everything on high, full car LOD, with some tweaks to mirrors and number of opponents. No chance it would run and look as good without upscaling and reconstruction. It can't even handle epic, maxed out settings at this resolution, but it would with DLSS3.

chksix and cooknn like this.
  12. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Thanks for the feedback! For me 100% Pixel Density and if I have to do DLSS it won't be Performance. I'll sacrifice somewhere else. You're getting 90+ fps? Also, I assume you're on NVIDIA 522.25.

13. antych

antych Rookie

100% vr pixel density is a blurry mess compared to 140%, you might as well throw Reverb into the bin. DLSS performance looks good at this resolution, only ultra performance has noticeable drop in quality. You can run balanced at lower density but if you test it you will see that pixel density is more important. 90fps, gpu close to 90% with some headroom.

cooknn likes this.
  14. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Looking forward to testing for myself. To each his own, right? It's going to be a few weeks for me. Waiting on parts for my build that aren't even released yet ;) Oh, No ghosting? Maybe that was more a result of the motion reprojection. But, IIRC on my box DLSS seemed to be the primary culprit for the blur streaks of cars off in the distance.

15. antych

antych Rookie

Definitely test if for yourself, let me know if you find better settings. I'm attaching my config from today.

Attached Files:

cooknn likes this.
  16. PIM1

PIM1 Rookie

Hi mate this is great news and I have a 4090 arriving in next few days. Would it be possible if you could add all your settings in your reply so I can see what I can start with.

I have 12700k with a standard 2080 and these are my settings
    I have not put the name of what setting it is but it's an order that you should be able to work out if you are familiar with graphics settings.

I do not use DLSS or FSR. I get 90fps during free practice and online I get 90fps after first few corners. Really looking forward to the jump from 2080 to 4090.

In steamvr i use 50% which is 2176x 2124

Res scale 55%
    High
    High
    High
    Disabled
    High
    Temporal
    Disabled
    Disabled
    Disabled
    Effects mid
    Post processing low
    Low
    High
    Mid
    20m
    Auto
    Mid
    120%

High
    Enabled
    Low
    Mid
    Low
    70%
    Enabled
    Disabled
    80% sharpness

Looking forward to your response.

Neil

cooknn likes this.
  17. antych

antych Rookie

I've included my config file, so you can see the settings inside, or you can drop it into \Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\VideoSettings and load in the game.

This is for Reverb with steamvr 100% (3172x3096)

18. PIM1

PIM1 Rookie

Ok I see your settings now. Thanks for the quick reply.

19. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

@antych Do you notice any of the lag which could be a problem when running DLSS3 at low fps? Game runs for example at 90 but inputs are only affecting 45 fps which makes it feel sloppy. Can you test settings which would allow the card to drive the HMD's at 90 solid true frames without any DLSS trickery?
    I use DLSS on the 3090 but will have to try without after watching that video about it.

20. antych

antych Rookie

There are no games with DLSS3 yet, but lag is unlikely to be an issue since ACC is playable with vr reprojection or temporal upscaling and feels fine. The regular DLSS doesn't introduce lag and there's no point disabling it, except that 3090 isn't powerful enough to run Reverb with pixel density >120% with DLSS and high settings during a race with dozen+ cars around. I was using 50% TAA/gen5 upscaling most of the time, which is less demanding than DLSS performance. That video isn't really relevant, it doesn't cover trade offs between vr supersampling and artefacts and it's about DLSS3 where you're using DLSS2 right now.

chksix likes this.
  21. FLO 1337

FLO 1337 Rookie

ACC finally has a crisp image in VR with Reverb G2!! Currently @ 3880x3788 and 70% resolution scale in game and 135-pixel density @ 90fps. Mid to high settings. *tears* lol

cooknn likes this.