1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

do i need nvidia surround?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Jun 13, 2016.

1. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

hi guys and girls
    i just got 2 cheap 21.5inch monitors for gaming and working (digital painting and other stuff)
    i only got 2 screens plugged in right now because they only had 1 screen in stock so the 3rd screen should be plugged in by the end of the week . my main center screen is asus 22inch 1680x1050 and the other 2 will be dell 21.5inch 1980x1080 . plugged into gigabyte gtx 770 with 2 dvi and one display port .
    now the main issue i have right now is when i do nvidia surround it only gives me 2560x1024 and both screens are really low res and ugly , how do work around this slight mismatch with the center monitor and do i really need surround ? is there a diffrent better way to do this ?

thx in advanced and hope my english was good ;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues vsync changed in 1.9 so that you need Nvidia adaptive? Oct 26, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help setting up nvidia inspector (dk2 user) Apr 27, 2015
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions We need a reporting thread Yesterday at 5:05 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting A Newbie needs your help ._. Steering Wheel won't work Jul 4, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds A Newbie needs your help ._. Steering Wheel won't work Jul 2, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions We need Full Replay on console? Jul 1, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions All cars need to be available in all championship modes Jun 29, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions We need calibration menu Jun 26, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions needs graphic options in menu. EYES TEARED UP! Jun 25, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Thrustmaster t300 horrible vibrations, need help Jun 25, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Needs a big update Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Need more servers Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge Moderator - Need ACC console forums Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge We need UDP to run the dashes on our rigs. Jun 20, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting I need to reselect week profile every time I launch Jun 16, 2020

3. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

You do need nVidia surround turned on to run across 3 monitors and those monitors need to have the same resolution (and the same size if you don't want to have mismatching images). I'd strongly suggest using the same model for all 3 monitors. That's what I did recently: bought a pair of used monitors on ebay, the same model as the old screen that I already had.
    So your best option is probably to get rid of 22" Asus and buy a 3rd 21.5" 1920x1080 monitor.

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. André Finke

André Finke Racer

Thats not completly true! You can run AC without nVidia surround across 3 monitors by changing the Screen resolution in the grafics.cfg. In my case (with 3 1280x1024) to 3840x1024. But your 3 monitors will act as 1 big monitor. So you cant correct the bezel or the angle auf the side monitors. My Gtx 480 doesn't even support 3 Monitors. For the 3rd screen i use an cheap external graphics card.

But 3 Monitors with the same resolution are recommended. But try it with the .cfg setting. Set it to 5040x1050 and then try to reduce the screen resolution of the side monitors in the windows settings till the proportion will match with the main monitor.