1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Do You Want More Road Cars or Open Wheelers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Guybrush Threepwood, Dec 25, 2013.

?

Would you like to see more Road Cars, GT or Open Wheelers created for AC?

1. Road Cars

31.9%
  2. GT Racing Cars

32.4%
  3. Open Wheelers

35.7%
  1. Hi all.

As we know, AC will release with a small number of open wheelers - only one of which is currently actually raced.

I was alarmed to see the user requested poll from Kunos also not include the option to vote for any open wheelers.

Just wanting to find out if there actually is very little call for open wheelers, or if you would like to see more open wheelers over the other types of cars?

Thanks.

paulieGTR likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Physics issue with road cars in AC 1.16.X Oct 29, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room PS4 PRO ROADCARS - Racing (League?) Every Saturday 4PM(MST)(US, AZ) May 27, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions ROADCARS - PRO Racing Every Saturday 4PM(MST)(US, AZ) May 27, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Formula one cars around Road america: a great combination Feb 18, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Road Cars Semi-slicks May 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room F40 and Road Cars in general Feb 10, 2017
    Console Lounge Auto clutch glitch on road cars Dec 11, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Launching semi auto road cars Oct 28, 2016
    XBox One Discussions BTG lap times (Road Cars) Sep 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Nurburgring Sprint Lap Times for ALL ROAD CARS in AC Jul 5, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 'The World's Fastest Cars' - 1987 Road & Track Test May 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room List with all road cars and their respective electronic aids? May 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room BMW road cars seat position to close? May 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Why is semislicks standard for road cars? Mar 13, 2016
    Suggestions Number plates for road cars? Mar 16, 2015

3. baristabrian

baristabrian Gamer

I would love to see more open wheelers.

4. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

Just my 2 Cents:
    1. Open Wheelers
    2. GT Cars
    3. Road Cars

5. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

1. GT
    2. Open wheeler and road cars the same.

6. assetto-G

assetto-G Gamer

Open Wheelers
    GT Cars
    Road Cars

UOPshadow likes this.
  7. relesbao

relesbao Rookie

Open Wheelers, i am loving the Formula Abarth, looking forward for more.

8. plaid

plaid Alien

I wroted for GT. I dont like open wheelers or more precisly formula cars.

Anyway Im probably more a car (design) fan then a race (car) fan, still you can like physics no matter if race, hotlap, rallye, cruising on a race or roadtrack.

I like them, but I still dont believe road cars have a bright future with a mixed grid as long as some factors arent adjusted to bring them closer together and make fair competition possible. Anyway, nothing like that is planned, the upgrades in the game seem to be based on manufactures offers and not to reduce the huge performance/laptime-differences between some cars allready in a similiar class, but still clearly prefered over one another in a race especially online

So I hope for GT1/GT2/GT3/WTCC/DTM/RALLYE/LMP and other homoligasated cars, with a variety of models in each and hope for something older, like company for the E30 Group A or cars like the ones from GT-Legends.

Anyway, with a small team they need to focus and Im happy that it will probably mostly GT-cars (see polls).

9. Road cars
    GT cars
    Open wheel cars

10. Blupp

Blupp Gamer

We already get 3 more open wheeler.

11. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

And 32 Non-open wheelers. One can never have enough open wheelers. ;)

Nullbert and paulieGTR like this.
  12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Surprisingly close vote so far. I would have voted for both open wheelers and GT cars if I could have.

13. assetto-G

assetto-G Gamer

I would like to see more historic cars/series also.

14. Andrew Ward

Andrew Ward Gamer

Kristaps likes this.
  15. boomerang10

boomerang10 Rookie

Tough call. I love open wheelers but I'd also like to get some more race prepped cars that you would actually see racing against each other. Perhaps, for example, a "GT_" dlc pack.

16. Marcelo

Marcelo Rookie

Vintage or historics cars.

17. Fujitsu1

Fujitsu1 Rookie

Would like any more open wheel car like formula1, gp2 or someone like this ones.

18. RobB

RobB Rookie

You cant have too many open wheelers in a racing simulation as they are the fastest and most precise racing machine there is , but you can surely have too few and AC in my opinion has too few .

UOPshadow likes this.
  19. Arno

Arno Racer

Definatly GT cars. I enjoy those more then open wheel cars.
    Though the skippy is one of my favorite cars in iracing.

20. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

I voted GT cars, as you can never get enough of 'em. But, I would love to see some modern F1 cars (Ferrari seems the most likely, given Kunos' history with FVA) - a 2009-2013 spec, and perhaps a pre-2009 spec. Life would be complete.

21. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

Just to add this: I never really cared that much about road cars in a sim... until I bought AC. They are fun to drive and I like them. So well done, KS!

Maybe we will get themed downloads... the Formula 1 classics dlc, the FIA GT dlc and so on...I certainly wouldn't mind.