1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

does any one else agree?

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Limitzbashing, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Limitzbashing

Limitzbashing Rookie

This game hands down probably the best feeling racing sim on Xbox but does anyone else agree things need changing on it because no one will end up playing it?

1: where are the cars and tracks? It's getting boring already doing the same things online or is that just me?

2: one thing I hate is there isn't many cars to choose from and if they removed the limit on how many of each car can be used online it would create large lobby's of people

3: imagine having the control to choose what button does what It's so difficult to press the tiny B buttons on the wheel whilst drifting.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone else think that the AI is nigh phenomenal? Oct 11, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Does anyone else experience "veering" to the left with an Xbox Controller? Sep 15, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    ACC General Discussions GT4... but does the bop exist? Dec 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Asphalt temperature does not change tire temperature and pressure Dec 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting game does not start or even launch Nov 19, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fresh Windows 11 install and ACC does not start! Jun 28, 2023

3. Orne

Orne Alien

I think the amount of cars is pretty decent. Does it compare to the 460 cars in Forza 6? Certainly not. Although if you take the time you will discover a tremendous amount of the depth and detail of each car in Assetto Corsa far exceeds what has been achieved in Forza and other racing titles. Something to try is compare two different vehicles of similar performance level at the same track. Drive one car for 10 laps then jump in the other car for 10 laps at the same track.

I guarantee you will be amazed at the subtle and sometimes not so subtle differences in handling. I have a blast laying down laps at Mugello, Brands or Zandvoort in the BMW M3 E92 then in the 2015 Mustang GT. These vehicles handle quite differently from one another. The Mustang exhibits a lot more body roll in the corners than the M3 because as in real life the suspension on the Mustang is much simpler and less sophisticated than what the M3 uses.

The E92 M3 has similar weight and power output to the Mustang but is much more refined during turn in and track out. Whats amazing is even with these differences you can achieve similar lap times between the two. For me AC is quality over quantity. There are so many nuances in the various cars in Assetto Corsa its breathtaking at times. Just wait until you drive one of the street cars at Brands Hatch and apply trail braking while entering Hawthorn bend and the rear tyres hop around a bit. Truly a great and amazing thing!

Its about appreciating a small elegantly prepared gourmet meal versus gorging yourself at a fast food restaurant. Take the time to explore Assetto Corsa and appreciate the almost unlimited melange of nuance, flavor and texture that each car and track have to offer. This isn't a meal you can consume in a single sitting. Take your time and enjoy !:D:):cool:

SGT EDUBB and EMW SMILER like this.
  4. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

well a wont be playing it till its fixed or get disk 2 and 3 out in the post as cant use it on my wheel so no point playing it in my eyes a might go on it in 6 months if theres private lobbys on it

5. Limitzbashing

Limitzbashing Rookie

I know what you're saying but I already mentioned that it's probably the best authentic feeling simulator on the console it just looks empty and forgotten.

I'd never compare a simulator with forza. but If you look at how much more content there is in project cars which is a good game to compare assetto corsa with it makes this game look awfully unfinished.

Honestly in a week I've fully explored the game tried the short list of tracks and cars and I appreciate the depths in physics in the game but that's all they've concentrated with the game which on one side is nice don't get me wrong but it's content that makes a game last.

The start of the week the lobby's were pretty full now maybe 30 people online trust me online is going to be extinct if they don't add more content, it's only done so well on PC because modders have added a large amount of content honestly the game is going to flop like Sebastian Leob evo rally.

6. Limitzbashing

Limitzbashing Rookie

I'm probably going to sell it whilst I can still get the same sort of money I paid for it as its so boring and once horizon 3 is out no one will be on it and then the game will be worthless :/, how come your wheel doesn't work on the game?

7. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

a got a ferrari 458 spider wheel what isnt surported on the game but there said it was but got told off 505 games to use the game and use the controller and you only get 12 to 13 pound trade in i cant even take mine back as bought it on the store front but a know you can get a refund off microsoft but going to wait to see if there fix the game as did play it on the PC its ideal but on console oh its worst as forza horizon whats backwards comp and that lags like hell ha