1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Does complete lack of performance customization bother anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tacoscent, Aug 31, 2016.

1. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

No.......Too many important things to look forward too.

This would be the last thing once we have have most major features...

2. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

True but console fans don't have this luxury.

3. Juliano

Juliano Racer

Yes Mogster that´s exactly what i´d like to have in AC, even a simplified vector based GUI, or wire-framed version of the models, showing your tuned angles, distances, tread patch contacts, lateral grip surfaces, etc, would need links to the real models and data, it would be perfect to have that on the actual car models full real time, on racing, practicing, hot lapping, but even a simple GUI tab on setups section, that shows everything in real time would need a lot of work.

Horus likes this.
  4. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

Lmfao at the NFS references. Being able to modify your car performance wise means its NFS? Get a grip man. Every successful modern racing game has had customization of some kind. You think Gran Turismo would be where its at if you could only drive the cars stock? Not even close. You and others like you are probably just old people who don't understand the state of gaming and where things are going. As things evolve, consumers want more and more features. Assetto Corsa not having these features IS a weakness when compared to other racing games. If you took Assetto Corsa's physics and put them in Forza 6 or Forza Horizon 3, there would be NO comparison at all between any serious gaming outlet or serious gamer as to which was the superior game.

At this point, Assetto Corsa has an incredible BASE. It has the best physics in the industry, but its held down by a subpar gaming engine, mixed sound design, and zero customization. If you guys don't actually like customizing cars, then I say you aren't a true car fan. EVERY sport customizes cars. GT3, F1, Nascar. Every year their rules and regulations change and the cars are modified in some way. Cars are extremely personal, and the ability to even just performance wise make a car suit your driving style would be a huge boon for this game.

You and players like you that have commented here, could care less what someone else thinks about the game, it works for you and that's all that matters. Dodge did the same thing with their SRT Viper, didn't listen to the consumer market and instead only listened to the hardcore Viper owners. The Viper is dead now, in only 3 years. Nobody bought it, nobody cared. It didn't have enough features relative to the other cars (or games in Assetto Corsa's case) on the market that offered similar performance or a similar experience. Read the reviews of Assetto Corsa on console dude. They are mixed for a reason. Sure, its a great sim game, but no customization, no livery editor or even a car painter, no BARE BONES performance mods, like even being able to add a different exhaust.

There is a reason why Gran Turismo now plays second fiddle to the Forza series. While Gran Turismo sat their with their thumb in their nethers, not listening to what fans wanted, Forza innovated and came out with drivetrain and engine swaps, more detailed tuning and the ability to make a 1 of 1 livery. INSANE liverys mind you. On Forza Horizon 1, I should honestly take a screenshot and upload it here, I have a Dodge Viper with a Kill Bill Livery that is literally NUTS. Its like someone took a picture and pasted it into the game except you cant do that. That kind of customization only adds to the game and detracts nothing.

In body building terms, if you understand that better, Assetto Corsa has a great base, but if it keeps doing the same types of exercises over and over, it isn't going to grow anymore. You need to shock your body by doing new things in order to grow and evolve. Assetto Corsa has everything it needs to succeed, it just needs to go further instead of saying "ya know, this is good enough".

I know some people here are extremely autistic and literal so, you probably won't understand a whole lot of this or be able to handle that my opinion differs from yours. I don't hate the game, I love it, and money being no object, I'm they would include these features. I'm just posting it here so that its just an open dialog. Its pretty concerning when you have fans that would honestly rather hold the game back then see it become as great as it possibly can.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Buying Assetto Corsa and expecting features like tuning is like buying FIFA and expecting them to add volleybal.
    If you buy something hoping that it will be something that it clearly is not is always gonna lead into frustration.

Horus, mESCx, AmorFati and 4 others like this.
  6. You have your opinion, others have theirs. You asked the question you have to accept that responses will differ...
    You obviously feel strongly about your opinion as others will feel about theirs.

Horus likes this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

No it doesnt bother me in the slightest. If I wanted that id play one of the other games that does that, I dont want that so I dont play them. I have forza on PC installed still I think, but shows how much they focus on driving in such games, it doesnt even support a wheel. :eek:

Horus likes this.
  8. This.

Just for fun I recently made an F1 style car with a massive air brake; you could brake from 240mph into the first corner at Monza at the 50m board :cool: I'd imagine in real life you'd struggle not to black out from the g-force :p

Do that in Forza.

Horus likes this.
  9. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I couldn't care less about console (AC) users. They made their choices, and those choices carry consequences. :)

Horus, Jebus, Gevatter and 4 others like this.
  10. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

No pinterest in customization, and i Will trade modding for interactive cockpits.

And for what i understand At least in gt3 and spec sèries, you buy the car from the factory do your setup abd race, you don't change turbos or add aftermarket parts.

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

This is very inaccurate if not plain wrong analogy. Stick with something you know better.

Horus, Jebus and LeDude83 like this.
  12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Careful, young pedowan. Sometimes "old" people are not stuck in time, they actually are the ones behind the curtains, moving things forward for the younger ones to learn, or simply persuing what they want in life and what they do best, not what others tell them to do. I was coding on the C64 before you were born, and I 'knew it all' when I was 12. It´s alright to have dreams, and we all want the best for AC, but reality sometimes kicks you in the nuts.

First of all, it seems from your comment that you don´t get where AC comes from, the background. Second, why does Forza Horizon 3 not handle like AC or have laserscanned real racing circuits, if they are so much better at giving everything else to their fans and customers? See, there´s a market, supply and demand, and then there are dreams that start like a niché and sometimes grows into something unique and remarkable. And finally, even though the BestEvarSim could be made, it costs loads of time and money to get that far. If every single feature in such BestEvarSim isn´t perfect and better than the other games combined, it´ll fail at what it´s trying to do. Such a game will probably emerge sooner or later, but for now we can enjoy the revolution and competition (actually maybe a synergy) in simracing games that is going on right now, more than ever.

Edit: oh, I forgot that I actually look forward to see how Forza Apex works out, so maybe fingers crossed here for you? :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Horus, bzucobzuco, dermonty and 4 others like this.
  13. Its a simulator, not a customize game. And what if we get extra stuff to change? AC is a sim and those values arent simulated.

Also what has old men to do with not wanting customization? I'm only 16 and wouldn't like to see this feature in the game, but thats my opinion :)

Horus and dermonty like this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Pls don't try so hard. AC is a simulator, not a racing game.

But you will probably like this

I shurely do :D;)

15. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

@Ace Pumpkin this looks the most inspired simulador in som history

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Binge, purge, tune, drive and passing out simulator at its best, I would say.
    :D

Kopiller likes this.
  17. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm just here to race.

Horus and martcerv like this.
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Unless it's realistic tuning parts, with manufacturer data and testing everything is like IRL.. keep that stuff away. Consoleros want FORZA CUSTOMIZETION but can't make a car setup. Not that I can but yeah

19. I would love to be able to swap out a set of coilovers on the Corvette or add a turbo to the GT-86 and have the physics change to the new realistic values. The Step Versions of the Lotus and BMW's are based on stock cars with generic aftermarket parts, it would be great to be able to make our own S versions. (legally) It would be even better if the parts were actually licensed.
    Never going to happen though, for multiple obvious reasons.

20. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Someone in this thread is definately in the wrong game :)

Horus likes this.