1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Does complete lack of performance customization bother anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tacoscent, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

No. No. No. There are plenty of other arcade games around that handle that kind of level of bling.. I am happy with they way Kunos are doing things however I would like to see the Praga R1T at some stage. When i race someone online i want to know I have lost or won based on my ability, not because of a turbo upgrade hack they may have... The only thing i want is personal skins on online mod.

Horus, Ace Pumpkin and Boris Lozac like this.
  2. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I thought console people cant see chit chat section?

Pascalwb likes this.
  3. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's not what I bought AC for.

4. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Maybe save that kind of stuff for Assetto Horizon Tourismo 5.

Horus likes this.
  5. ...its possible ;)

6. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Pointless in a "simulator", fun in racing "games". I never really liked this feature in racing games personally because it makes the grid completely uneven. Setting up your car properly and learning to drive better is all you need to go faster. However I do love step/tuned versions of cars in AC because there's consistency if everyone picks the same car for a race.

Horus, Ricky Reject and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

we have performance customization, S version cars with preset modifications (which includes an engine swap) and ballast. thats as much or more than in the other decent racing games like AMS, RF2 or iR.

if a manufacturer gives Kunos permission to tune as they please id love to see them mod cars to bring them close to the performance of another vehicle ingame.

id really like power restriction to customize performance further, it would work much better for car balancing than ballast. the 2 together should give us plenty of scope to make balanced mixed car grids.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Horus likes this.
  8. I fail to see how modifying a car is ricer arcade NFS ****. Guess Im doing it wrong.

Pretty hyped for Forza Horizon 3 tbh.

9. So, adding aftermarket parts to a street car would be totally arcade and NFS-like, huh?
    I'll just leave this here:
    "The Stage 3 tuned version of BMW 1M series has adjustable aftermarket dampers with coilover springs, camber plates to adjust for massive range of camber at the front, and rear toe links for equally big range of camber adjustment at the rear. The engine is tuned with a new ECU that raises the turbo boost at over 1bar with an overboost function of over 1.3 bar, adjustable from the cockpit. "

William Levesque and kofotsjanne like this.
  10. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

No, dont miss it, probably dont want it either.

11. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Sense of entitlement is strong with this one.

12. "The Step1 tuned version of Lotus Elise SC has adjustable Lotus track option coilover dampers and springs as seen on the more extreme Lotus Exige R and Cup"

The Step2 tuned version of Lotus Elise SC has adjustable Lotus track option coilover dampers and springs. This car also has the additional limited slip differential with 25% lock on power and coast. Lotus doesn't advice the use of an LSD because it brings turn in understeer."

"The Stage 2 tuned version of Evora S series has non adjustable aftermarket dampers and lowered stiffer springs as well as wider track front and rear. The engine also has a new ECU and a different pulley on the compressor, raising the maximum power at almost 400bhp. Adjustments on the alignment and other small details, transform the Lotus sportscar in a very enjoyable trackday weapon."

"The stage 3 version of the Lotus Exige 240R, has an upgraded engine with up to 270bhp, much stiffer and lowered suspension with uprated dampers and a locked read differential 25% power and coast."

"What do you get though if you unleash some dedicated tuners on the Gallardo engine? A bi-turbo highly modified engine that is capable of doing more than 850bhp on pump fuel and more than 1200bhp on race fuel and full turbo boost. The chassis has also been tuned accordingly with stiffer springs and dampers all around."

So, is @Aristotelis a NFS arcade kiddie since he obviously likes adding aftermarket performance parts to street cars?

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If you have an mx5/miata and live on top of a hill you need to modify it just to make it home each night let alone to make it fun on a race track. :D

William Levesque likes this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

It's about a level playing field. If everybody uses the same materials it's fine. But I don't want to compete in a patchwork of hobby car mechanics. So S versions are welcome, but not the individual tuning imo.

Horus, Pascalwb, Ricky Reject and 3 others like this.
  15. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

No.
    It does not bother me at all.
    And I hope it will never be added.

16. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...I didn't read answers of other users in this topic, so if it is already said, no hard fillings.
    Now to OP, in some way, I'm glad you mentioned it, alot of people already did that, but got sam and sam answer all over again, wich is No, and you are getring it too... So No.
    Don't be mad on me, nor on Kunos. I did a lot of modding in this game, and I am fascinated how it is set to work, but here is the thing. Kunos was working prior this game on strict sim software for vehicles and bikes. Basically, you'd add data from real vehicles into the engine, and you'll get the simulation. Nothing has changed since then, except it is much more complex now.
    Adding a turbo wonuld't be a problem, it is a new value in excisting data system, same goes for aftermarket muffler, air filter etc. Those things only change certain values in engine (more power).
    But imagine aftermarket suspension, it is not just power we are talking here, it is complete physics of the car basically. So what you are asking is to get a other car so you could have fun. We all want that, but it is a bit impossible for small team that Kunos has. Not defending them, but Id rather have new features and more co tent that they are currently working on, then having a car that has more power, or better handling, and they need to spend almost same amount of time to recreate it. And in case of muffler, did you notice somethi g between M4 and M4 Akrapovic edition? Sound, it needs to be reworked.

Now for a team like Turn10 or Polyphony Digital, this isn't a problem, they are on this market long and have manpower for something like that. Kunos is yung in this matter, and the only mayor source for creating new content is community that is willing to pay for this. As @Lord Kunos said in one of his streams, they don't have money for new content, but they need to pay before giving it to users. It is a bit hard you know...

On another side, I don't want for this game to become nor Forza nor GT. It is good as it is. I'd rather have full nightzday cicle with atmospheric effects that affect vehicles. Maybe different terrain to drive on, not just tarmac etc.
    If you wanna swap engine from inline4 to mighty v12, go to Forza, if you want to have early 60c to race against new car in same performance range, go to GT. Those games are here, and they are always updating.

If you wanna have pure racing experience with cars that are as they are, you my friend are at the right place.

Cheers...

Horus likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Many posts in this thread are funny. People dont want this in the game but im pretty sure that a lot of those would think it was a ****ing awesome idea if Kunos did it.

As long as its not in the game its not something people want, if Kunos decide to add it would be thaaaaaaaaat cool and really realistic.

Jim Layhee likes this.
  18. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

People don't want this things because is a total waste of dev time, that could be better employed in developing other more important features, and implementing physics.

Radiantm3 and Jebus like this.
  19. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah. And better release another 10 tiremodel updates than anything that maybe adds to the experience.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  20. I think we are getting close to popcorn time....

Horus, Jos_theboss, Jebus and 3 others like this.