1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Does complete lack of performance customization bother anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tacoscent, Aug 31, 2016.

1. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

That's pretty much my view too. There is a lot more they could implement before they get to this.

2. Hey, I managed 160 on a pretty steep incline I shall let you know :D

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I assume thats in Kiloparsecs per Haddock or whatever rebellious countries are using nowadays... if not that is one rapid MX5 sir!

Horus likes this.
  4. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

The one thread @Michael Hornbuckle needs to be Michael Hornbuckle, he is not Michael Hornbuckle... you had one job.

Horus likes this.
  5. Calm down 'Murica !

Andy-R likes this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Well done and how fast did it go back up after. :D

Horus likes this.
  7. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

No this is simulator not NFC. They get licenses for special car+engine.

8. There is no special license for the twin turbo setup on the Gallardo. There is no special license for the aftermarket suspension parts on the BMW's. There is no special license for the souped up versions of the RX-7 and Supra's.

The best part of this entire thread is people yelling 'ARCADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!' over a feature that Aris wishes he had time to implement. (of course a bunch of those same people cried about hot air balloons in the sky somehow making AC ARCADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so yeah.....)

Jim Layhee and kofotsjanne like this.
  9. LOL

Well played.

snyperal likes this.
  10. I can take it or leave it - though I think the biggest issue with performance customisation is not necessarily making the 'parts', it would be creating a new user interface that allows us to customise the vehicles.

Personally, I don't think its worth the effort on that front, and the time could be better spent elsewhere (imo). It's something I think I'd use a few times, think its nice, then forget about it. Though that's just me, I appreciate driving something which has been carefully designed and calibrated by the manufacturer, both in-game and IRL, (though don't take that to mean I hate car mods, its just not my thing).

Another problem that would inevitably appear is the endless complaining of things like "Why do we have part X, but not part Z?" or "Why does part X only add X amount of power? that's not realistic" and "Why can we add part X to car A, but not car B?".
    Its not possible to add endless options, so the line has to be drawn somewhere, and that somewhere will no doubt be 'wrong' in many peoples eyes. People with never be happy with the options available to them.

Ricky Reject likes this.
  11. It would take a team the size of Turn10 to make it a reality, and you would still have car manufacturers that wouldn't allow upgrades on their cars, so there are two big reasons it will never happen. But for people to not even want/wish about it because it would somehow lower AC's street credibility as a sim is simply asinine IMO.

12. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

The irony...

Horus, Gevatter, LeDude83 and 2 others like this.
  13. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

i remember racing in a league in GT5 were we used Ferrari's and Performance Point to make it fair, every one in the grid were saying i was stupid for bringing the F40 to the first race but at the end of this race every one was asking for my tune jajaja, i was running close to 100hp more than all cars, i was the heaviest of the grid but i change the distribution of the weight to some thing like 47:63(and a lot more) wish make magic to the car, only the F430 SC with big aereo package could outperform my F40, that was the League season i have enjoy the most in all my online racing experience(3° overall at the end of the season with one win...yes, it was in Monza) only because my car was so crazy and difference to all the other ferraris(and the oldest to :p )

so i see were the OP is going with this tread and i have to say i would love some type of personal performance modification but as Micheal Hornbuckle say it simple not posible, wish is sad, but we have the Steps and drift versions plus some crazy jap's tuned cars, wish are my favorite cars in AC, so it not the end of the world to me, but i do hope Aris keep fighting to bring us more crazy tuned cars

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  14. Yep, personally I'd enjoy the variety. Some builds are faster on some tracks, others on other tracks.

15. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

See my thread " You cant put 10lbs of gears in a 5lbs gearbox!" this might help understand things.

16. plaid

plaid Alien

This would be pretty useful. At least ballast for offline use.

Even its probably hard to achieve, cause cars with totally different concepts often can't be balanced by weight/power alone, considering also that tracks have pretty different characteristics..

Otherwise including some slower racecars would be nice. And a Nissan GT-R R34 Nismo Z-Tune. :D

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  17. Don't shoot me for this, but.......the word is "achieve", not "archive" :)

18. plaid

plaid Alien

I have no idea what you are talking about sir, but Im not armed. :D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

ballast is ok but doesnt work that well. I think with power restriction I can do a lot more. recon I can balance the m235i and mx5 cup with air restrictor :p the bimmer has so much torque you can throw a quarter of a ton of ballast in the thing and its only a few mph slower down the straights!

20. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't think there's anyone that would rather having it than not having it if everything else remained the same. What most people are saying is that with the level of physic accuracy in AC and with such a relatively small dev team it would be extremely difficult to replicate dozens of cars in stock condition as well as after you change every suspension, drivetrain and body component. So it's better not having it than having it poorly made, or losing on other features to have it.
    I, for once, am much more concerned about driving the cars than I'd be with being able to change components on them.

Horus and Ace Pumpkin like this.