1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Does complete lack of performance customization bother anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tacoscent, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Back in your hole, soldier!

Nah, I think you know what I ment pointing to Stefanos video, and what the difference between OP and what Aris wants is. Unwatching thread, I canĀ“t go on :p

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  2. Maybe he should have worked on a built-in Leaderboard then :p

martcerv and kofotsjanne like this.
  3. deci

deci Simracer

i enjoyed forza 3 & 4 on my old xbox 360 for years, even without a proper wheel and i really liked to tune cars, adding turbos, convert to RWD and just mess around, when i was not in the mood for driving. having several nice looking rims / bumpers to chose from is a neat way to personalise your favorite car, but in the end i don't miss it in AC (i thought i would actually when i bought AC)...

it would be a nice addition to have, if done realistic, but it does not diminish or lessen the experience i have with AC... i really thought i would miss forza 4 (i love fujimi kaido and some of my customized classic japanese cars), but with the full sim experience and mod tracks i am in driving heaven right now with AC :)

4. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

It is kinda 'arcade' when you think about it. It's like those phone bumpers and masks, they invest millions in the design department and than what do people do, put it in some discusting rubber yellow mask as soon as they buy it. There goes the design.

What old cars have the most value now, the ones that are in utmost original condition. You think there's no reason for that? You are not smarter than thousands of engineers that worked on the car.

So i do kinda hate any aftermarket stuff done to the cars, it's blasphemy imo. Ok, new ehxaust maybe or stuff like that is fine, but do you really see AC in that category?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

But that doesn't make it arcade...

Yes I see those "S1" upgrades as a cool thing in AC. Changed dampers, better brakes, better tyres, CAI, exhaust, ECU. All those things are something that people do in their cars that they use not only as daily drivers but on trackdays too and at the same time it's not like LS swap to a E30 with added twin turbos and AWD conversion + 7 gear DSG.

6. Just going to leave this here for fun.
    [​IMG]

7. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

That's why i put it as 'arcade'.

There is no point in arguing, as pretty much any discussion on any forum.

It's like you explored every of the hundreds of combos available and you are a record holder on all of them, so it became boring to you now, and the next step can only by some 'upgrades' to the car.. And Akrapovich is a complete car, a complete edition to the car, approved by BMW.

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I didn't think we are arguing. Are we?

Akrapovic is a company that makes aftermarket exhausts. So it's basically what would be an S version of the M4 if Kunos didn't start to cooperate with Akrapovic on a larger scale than just that BMW. Assuming they would then add an "S1" version with changed exhaust without Akrapovic partnership.

9. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Sure, but guess what, i like the regular M4 version in the game more, even the sound :p Maybe it's psychological cause i'm alergic to 'upgrades'. And i say it like that for a reason, cause i don't think a regular track day Joe can improve his car better then a company that is like 100 years old. Even if they think they 'improved' it, it's no longer the original car, and that bothers me a lot. That's why i call it 'arcade', it's in the same category as stickers and blue LED's in headlights..

10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

That would be true if Joe would try to design and "produce" suspension/brakes/tyres/engine mods all by himself in his backyard. But luckily there are companies that have experience in it. And changing stock suspension in a street car that even if it's a sports car it's still designed to give you comfy ride on your cruise through the city, to something that is designed to be used on track will improve your car.

That's where we have to agree to disagree. :D

11. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

All fine and dandy, but let's find our limits and the limits of the default cars first.. before thinking of stuff like this.

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think the assumption that a car from the factory is made as good as it can be by pro's isnt always true. cars are built ti fulfill many different needs and to conform to regs of different countries etc. people mod their cars to tailor them to their needs (usually buying parts from pro's at making x part with years of experience.)

bondyboy likes this.
  13. I like the Step versions of cars, and I would like to see more of them (so long as they aren't daft like the Gallardo S3; I prefer more subtle changes and improvements). However, I am not interested in a full tuning workshop for all of the cars.

14. This. Cars are also regulated by lawyers and clueless customers.

Take the Miata for example. Mazda made the car all soft and mushy to please old people, knowing full well competent tuners would make the car actually handle properly.

Andy-R likes this.
  15. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

I played Gran Turismo since first part came out. It had even then big number of cars... In the beginning it was only tuning parts, rims and sometimes rear spoiler. GT6 had aero parts etc too... Wich did effect performance a lot.

But here is a thing, if I look throigh all those games, and number of cars there are, I could count cars that I mostly driven on my two hands fingers...
    Six games with around 700 cars per game(somewhrer more, somewhere less) yet it was around 10 cars I droven all these years... What is even worse, together with my friends we usually drove them as a club cars. All take fiat 500 stock, just add muffler stage 1. Or all take toyota 86 stock... etc.
    It has so many different options, yet we stick to one single thing, not because it's bad, because it was more fun, you need to have skills l and so on.
    This same thing we have in AC, but with much better physics...

Cheers...

16. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I do think that customization is part of AC. If not, we would not see S1 and Drift versions of the cars.
    And problably we just don't see more because each of these version is considered one more car on AC, and each time the game has different tire model or something, is one more car to update.
    This just show Kunos likes the idea actually.

Just because never was a proper SIM that you could use aftermarket parts doesn't mean that we couldn't have one in the future and just arcade games can.:)

17. wm79

wm79 Gamer

So there is Need for Speed Underground for you guys. There you can have them new turbos, them shiny rims and them fancy decals.

18. AlexDamn

AlexDamn Rookie

The only reason I've never felt the need for performance upgrades is that I rarely drive the cars to their limits as is. Having to fine tune setups on cars (especially open wheelers and F1 mods) makes for great "upgrades", which is where I spend most of my time.

Being able to take the first corner correctly in a F1 race means a lot more to me, personally. But I do see a point, I almost never play with the road cars, as you start finding them boring, it's much easier to drive those to the limit.

19. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

Loose the attitude people , we are all only playing a game... whatever you choose to call it inside you mind !

I don't think it's something for AC 1.x but done properly i'd love to see it in some game in future that's created by Stefano et al . By properly I don't mean slapping on a turbo with a real name on it and leave it at that, rather if you decide add a turbo then you need to populate your fuelling table etc. Or maybe changing a cam involves choosing the lift and duration to suit the application. I have this whole game idea mapped out in my head, sleepless nights etc lol.

Also , I don't care about stickers , because where we are going we won't need stickers.

20. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I think people should have a more open mind. Giving players the ability to do some in-game car mod IMHO is a very attractive feature, especially when AC now has quite a few road cars that many players actually on IRL.

But having this feature would put AC in a more direct competition against some big titles, and people will complain why AC's car performance mod feature is so half-baked compared to GT/Forza/NFS. Just look at how people attack the current AC career mode.