1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Doesn't meet up to expectations ...

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Michael Veronese, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been a member of iRacing for 8 years. I was interested in ACC because I thought that maybe the 3 hour races would allow single drivers. But before we could even get to that, my impression of ACC is that is does not come close to matching iRacing just in driver feel (I have a Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base along with Clubsport Pedals V3 USA). I tried different settings in force feedback and none of it comes close to the feel of a car in iRacing. Without having any real tech ability.

So after being "Wowed" by the second release of ACC ... I've deleted it from my computer.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Event "Meet the AC team" - Gold achievement doesn't unlock Jun 8, 2016
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    Audio Bugs & Issues Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 25, 2023
    ACC Audio Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC doesn't recognise G29 wheel Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Right after 1.9.1 update game doesn't run. It gives an error. [Verify Steam integrity] Apr 25, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Camera Pitch doesn't work anymore Apr 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions patch v 1.8.7.1 bad , doesn't work Dec 8, 2022
    ACC User Interface When using the FocusPlayerCar Hotkey whilst not driving in team races, hotkey doesn't work Jul 16, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA doesn't get saved and reverts to 49 Jul 1, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AI doesn't start on wets Apr 28, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues ACC doesn't work at night Feb 4, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 64-bit version suddenly doesn't launch (used to work) Jan 13, 2022

3. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Gamer

Bye!

D_Rod likes this.
  4. ignission

ignission Simracer

:rolleyes: It's early access....

D_Rod likes this.
  5. Josefhead

Josefhead Racer

ok

Rehooja likes this.
  6. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

Well... 8 years and a product that is in Early Access for a few weeks.
    That comparison is a little flawed.

All the best i'd say!

Raklödder, D_Rod and D.Jankovic like this.
  7. crosschris

crosschris Racer

Assetto Corsa (1) feels better than iRacing, and thats through my old DFGT. ACC is at least 33.3% better.

If you want this sim to feel like iRacing, why not just play iRacing?

dermonty likes this.
  8. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I didn't know that Kunos aims for the goal, that ACC feels like iRacing. I thought the goal was that it feels like ... Reality?

trucidatio and Redoxs like this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I didn't think ACC was trying to simulate Iracing but the real Blancpain GT3 series, the fact that it doesn't drive like IR to me is surely a good thing. There are plenty of choices in sims these days so at least you gave it a try but prefer something else, there is nothing wrong with that. However if your comparing the real cars which sadly I have never had the chance to drive a real GT3 in anger I cant say which does a better job, for me personally I haven't raced IR in a very long time and back when I did none of the cars felt much like the similar real cars I drove on track. Especially not the V8 supercars which I have actually driven a few times the IR recreation was not even close IMHO.

Im sure IR has got better over time but back when I used it I loved the MP structure but never got along with the driving model, who knows where ACC will end up in terms of MP but its looking pretty promising to me atm. The limited content should help with pickup server numbers which is what I would like to get more of casual good clean racing. For the ultimate MP experience I think leagues do that job for me well enough but nobody has touched IR for pickup mp playability for me, will see how this ends up but there are plenty of sims including AC and most likely ACC where we will be able to get good fields of local racers into I think.

dvo, Gevatter, Redoxs and 1 other person like this.
  10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

s**t happens!

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

nearly a troll:rolleyes:

12. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

Well at least you gave it a few hours.

The feature set is not complete. Content will be added along with new gameplay elements. Reinstall it and enjoy the ride, you may change your mind as the game develops.

13. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

iRacing has been in the public domain for over 10 years... ACC has been in the public domain for two months.

How bout that instant gratification, eh?

14. Genius69

Genius69 Gamer

They confused a game in early access with crowdfunding where people are aware
    that will have to return the feedback to contribute to the decisive collective development ...

And as if you were selling a car without navigator alloy rims and 4x4 low cost but within a period of time will guarantee the supply ... at the time of delivery give you a navigator in Japanese, the square rims and a 4x4 usable only in the summer, and then they apologize telling you that while you were able to drive it even if the car was not perfect and complete, but that in the end everything was provided ... you have a malfunctioning and already old car

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    sissydriver likes this.
  15. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

These new accounts that bash the game are very amusing. These entitled brats require emotional-support squirrels to get through the day.

"This isn't what I expected, bah! I want a refund, bah! This isn't like that other game, bah! Mommy where's my pacifier, bah!

ignission likes this.
  16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Raklödder, mms and dvo like this.
  17. rpm

rpm Racer

OP pure propaganda. There is no way. ACC FFB currently is pure genius. With out a doubt richer than some other sims.

D_Rod likes this.
  18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Check back when 1.0 is released. ;) You cast verdict prematurely on a work in progress.

Dean Ogurek and D.Jankovic like this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

IMO R1 FFB was much greater than iR, I wonder if the guy would have tried it and said "it is not the same than iR, uninstalled the game", yeah probably would, doesn't matter worse, better, what matters is that it is not tha same :D

I think same happened with ACC FFB not being same as AC in R1. Oh I played AC so much it is perfect, ACC is not the same, so it is broken. Not playing. Stagnation.

20. motowntom

motowntom Gamer

See ya......

21. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

We are still not trying to simulate iRacing but thank you for the feedback. I'll close the thread, please keep generic discussion in the appropriate topics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.