1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Drift / bass rap / slow motion / massive smoke (short montage)

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Skyline slut, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Skyline slut

Skyline slut Rookie

Yo yo drifters, I'm a beginner got the wheel like a bit more than a month ago, still practicing, but I love to edit videos so I had a little fun here. Any advice is welcome.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    spiritofsenna, Bailey and axonMagnus like this.
  2. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

I absolutely fail so epically at drifting :)

Well done you!

Horus and Skyline slut like this.
  3. Arch

Arch Alien

Horrible music though. Go take a look at some Grime.

4. Skyline slut

Skyline slut Rookie

Wow man, calm down satan ^_^ respect everyone's music taste. I love rap music, and I don't like what you proposed me, but thanks

Horus, kwakfuzz and AndreaHam like this.
  5. Arch

Arch Alien

I expected you'd like that.

And that's not rap either.

6. Gorilla

Gorilla Racer

8 Steps to Making a Good Drift Video (By Gorilla)

1) Get more drifting practice in before you film a video of you drifting.
    2) Drift on other/multiple tracks with other/multiple cars rather than the same car on the same track.
    3) USE BETTER CAMERA ANGLES (important) Open up photo mode in replay and come up with custom camera angles including gopro like views, spectator like views, helicopter like views, etc.
    4) Use different after effects and different speeds. No one likes to sit through a video that has the same lame offset effect running at 3x speed.
    5) Do something creative, like 360s, tandems, reverse entries, jump drifts, etc. Stuff that gets people interested.
    6) DON'T USE ****TY RAP MUSIC! (also important) Please, please, please, please use better music.
    7) ????
    8) Profit.

7. Skyline slut

Skyline slut Rookie

1) Again, directly insulting a music genre.... Are there any good and kind people, with valid arguments here ? "use better music" I'd love you to propose me a "better" music. Guys that's just my taste get over it hahah.
    2) skill doesn't make the video quality to me but that's your opinion.
    3) multiple tracks, yeah of course but this video only lasts a minute, so I think one track was good for that amount of time.

I'm open to critics, I'm not crying. Thanks for the comment anyways :D

8. Arch

Arch Alien

Well, for some useful information, use music that you like, but will also be pleasing to most of your audience. In this way everyone wins.

About filters, use them for a reason, don't slap them on to be there. A color rebalance is better than a filter.

Skyline slut likes this.
  9. Skyline slut

Skyline slut Rookie

I do my color corrections myself :)

10. Arch

Arch Alien

Here's a tip from a (learning) concept artist's standpoint: Keep your darks darker than normal and your lights lighter than normal.

But never, ever have pure white or pure dark. Your rebalance would be good if the light values popped more and the grass wasn't so muted and similar in value to the asphalt.

11. Skyline slut

Skyline slut Rookie

It's a style. Low contrast with pretty high exposure. I'm not the first one using this kind of correction.

12. Arch

Arch Alien

Using "my style" to account for poor fundamental knowledge is not the way to go in any art form, be it video editing or 2D art.

There's a difference between an artist who doesn't understand proportions and perspective properly, who distorts their forms against their will, and someone like a top level animator who distorts forms and makes things longer or wider than they should be as an effect.

It's not a style, it's an effect. Use it when it's needed, otherwise stick to the fundamentals, a sharp, clear picture with good value readings. It's harder to get it right, yes, but it's far more professional and looks better.

The reason you're not the first one is because tons of other amateurs decided to rely on it.

Also it's not bad, and the fundamentals are there a little, but from a visual standpoint, you can do better with slight changes in value range.

13. Skyline slut

Skyline slut Rookie

Omg you are annoying. I do what the **** I want man. I don't give a damn **** about any proffesionnal color corrections or **** like that. Are you trying to bring me down or what? I have better to do, really.

You come with your professional talk like I give a ****, I'm open to critics, but you can't argue the fact that I choose any color correction, because it's my choice, It's not like I'm trying to get to something professional, I'm not trying anything, i'm trying to have fun..

14. Arch

Arch Alien

If you're open to critiques, why are you getting so upset when I critiqued you?

If you don't like negative critique, just say "I'm just doing my thing, I don't care if you like it or not so don't critique it please." and then only douchebags will critique it. I gave you advice and you don't want it, alright, I won't give you any next time.

15. Skyline slut

Skyline slut Rookie

16. Arch

Arch Alien

You'll feel a lot better, and learn a lot, if you start taking critique (Even from people who don't know anything about your art form, they're usually the audience.) from everyone and accept it positively.

I was not meaning to bring you down or anything. Someone who says "Dude this sucks kill urself" most likely isn't there with good intentions, and can just be blocked. Think hard which side of that spectrum the critique falls into.

Cheers.

17. Skyline slut

Skyline slut Rookie

You are right, I should just have mention more precise things when posting this vid

18. Arch

Arch Alien

I strongly suggest you to be open to critique, mostly because most the time, if you post ANYTHING you made, regardless of how good or bad it is, someone is gonna have something to say about it. But if you don't want that, mention that you don't want any unnecessary bad words said about it, then hopefully none will be said.

Usually just saying "I'm not that good..." even when you're pretty good is at least enough to discourage people from commenting badly.

19. Skyline slut

Skyline slut Rookie

I'm open to good critics, Here it felt like "I don't like pizza so your pizza is not tasty" see what I'm talking about?

20. Arch

Arch Alien

Yeah, I get it, but I don't agree with it.

Good feedback is not critique usually. Critique is when you show how something could be made better or if you can't show, you at least give ideas. You need to know how to take negative critique if you want to improve in, well, nearly anything.

Let's say someone posts: "Your filter is **** and I don't like the music."

You think, "Wow what a dick, that's harsh." and post some comment telling them how upset you are and how mean they are.

Instead, what about posting "Alright, thank you for the feedback, but I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the content, is there anything I could do to perhaps improve it?"

Now if they're a dick, they're gonna say "Yeah bro stop sucking" and you can block them and tell them you don't appreciate that kind of feedback, but most likely, they're gonna be a lot nicer this time, and offer some pretty good ideas even.

You get what I mean?