1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Drift Car Issue's (Tuning) Setups

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PGCD Durand, May 25, 2016.

1. PGCD Durand

PGCD Durand Racer

Why is it every other car we can adjust things, but say a drift build, we cant even adjust gears over all or individual ?

It makes no sense the one thing i would think was obvious would be the ability to fine tune a drift car for you to be able to drift it. Am i not right in saying everyone has a preference, to the way the car feels to drift ?

I mean i don't know call me old fashioned, but if something is not working one way for you (Not enough power) you bolt on some more right ?

Gears seem to be to long for the track you shorten them right ?

To much air in the tyres you let some out, not enough you put some back in ?

Am i talking out my hat here, i mean the supra so far is probably the best car i have tried to drift so far.

But as a whole the BMW sucks donkey, even if it had the power i cant change jack on it that i need to in order to make it work for me (or at least i couldn't) not drifted in a long while (asides yesterday) when i bought the JDM pack and of course first thing i wanted to do was drift the supra (come on it had drift on the packaging ).
    And it was nice but some fine tuning would not go a miss.

SidewayzShuffle// and Shex like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Custom suspension geometry for drift car help Dec 15, 2020
    Chit Chat Room How to drift stock cars? Jun 22, 2019
    Suggestions Drift Car Discussion Nov 14, 2017
    Suggestions Powerful driftcars turbo or supercharged Jul 24, 2017
    Console Lounge Car/track request for console edition (drift) May 5, 2017
    Suggestions Radical Drift cars pack - assetto corsa Apr 30, 2017
    General modding discussion Help painting carbon fibre mkiv drift Apr 11, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Drift cars on other servers. Jan 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Drift cars setup Dec 19, 2016
    Screens & Videos Drifting the 911 Carrera S around the Nordschleife :) Nov 13, 2016
    Console Lounge Drift car settings Nov 4, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Japanese pack drift cars Nov 3, 2016
    Console Lounge More drift cars needed Sep 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Help with car setups for drifting please Aug 20, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Good drift car? Jul 6, 2016

3. Shex

Shex Gamer

I agree the setup options on drift cars are very limited. Even on things you can change, rear camber for example, the range is very limited and you're forced to run negative camber.
    It'd be great if in the future we could get some more adjustable setups.

4. you can't just manage rear camber due to suspension geometry, it's a street car after all, is not an extreme drifting machine.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  5. PGCD Durand

PGCD Durand Racer

So why does it have a six speed box ? I thought standard supras were 5 speed.

6. i was talking about the ae86, sorry
    Edit: supra seems to have a 6 speed manual gearbox
    [​IMG]

7. PGCD Durand

PGCD Durand Racer

News to me i never knew that, everydays a school day right.. Even still it was supposed to be a drift tune according to the DLC info, and if so why would it not have some adjustments to say gear throw ?

8. Some cars should have way more tuning options than they have. Just another thing that needs to be worked on by the devs.

9. Ro-Tang Clan

Ro-Tang Clan Gamer

I agree, the tuning options on the Kunos drift cars suck ***. The best I've seen so far is the Supra but even that isn't perfect. Professional drift cars are built to run reverse rake, but getting the ride height to run reverse rake on the Supra screws up the suspension geometry at the rear and forces you to run rear camber. If you tune the rear to run zero camber (which you should have in a drift car) you have to run the ride height ridiculously high with the rear higher than the front. It says it's a drift car but you can't actually tune it to how a drift car should be. That said, you can drift them and I do like the fact the Supra has extended wheel lock unlike the Time Attack Supra, which helps to throw it in harder and catch the drift.

10. HONDAHOLIC

HONDAHOLIC Gamer

Maybe this drift cars are more like amateur driftcars which also could be driven on the streets. They also have full interior. I like them how they are.

But a real pro drift car would be dope.

Dessu, victor86 and Rift Racer like this.
  11. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

my only problem with drift cars so far is the long gears of the e92, it need a shorter gear ratio or a SC/turbo to keep that sucker smoking at high speed and angle, the z4 and the e30 are fine, in the japs cars corner the ae86 could use a little more power