1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Drift hopefully not too much?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Nov 22, 2013.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

im a little concerned that the drift element of this game will become more than just a side show for the main game. Ive never considered drifting proper motorsport at all, and to see no mention of seasons, qualifying and a lot of talk about drifting is a bit disappointing to be totally honest.

Lets get some proper motorsport action going with one make championships, mixed gt class racing and the like... do we need NFS garbage in this title?? i think not...

xyr and Risto Kappet like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Initial D Themed | Lan Evo 3 Drifts Down Irohazaka Downhill Jul 31, 2023
    ACC Physics [1.9] 4 wheel drifts have no FFB Apr 23, 2023
    Screens & Videos Drifting Bmw e46 M3 Downhill May 21, 2022
    ACC User Interface Lock to Horizon Causes Camera Position Drift. May 9, 2022
    Screens & Videos Drift Chevy Impala Apr 10, 2022
    Screens & Videos Touge driftin Apr 5, 2022
    Screens & Videos M3's drifting on a rainy day Mar 20, 2022
    Screens & Videos Tandem drifting - A cinematic Feb 26, 2022
    Screens & Videos Z drifting through traffic Feb 19, 2022
    Screens & Videos 5 man tandem - Winter drifting Feb 11, 2022
    Screens & Videos My estonia jump drift Jan 21, 2022
    Screens & Videos Winter drifting a stock Audi R8 Quattro Jan 16, 2022
    Screens & Videos Sliding into 2020 | Drifting Cinematic Jan 3, 2022
    Screens & Videos BMW e30 forest winter drift run Dec 30, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dashboard drifts off-center Dec 30, 2021

3. Danny Giusa

Danny Giusa Simracer

About which drift elements are you talking ?
    There is only one track designed for drifting ?

4. Dean

Dean Gamer

Street Cars drift. People enjoy drifting, this is a racing sim. How one chooses to drive a car is upto them. I say the more the merrier and this game should cater for all interests.

5. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

To be honest, I don't know how to drift. I can slide a bit here and there, but nothing serious. Mastering the drift technique could be very useful in a serious race. Say you lose control in a corner, to be able to correct it successfully would be a great thing, in my opinion. If I'm going sideways too much, I can't put it back on the road in the right direction. I've been practicing sliding just to help my skills with better car control. I spun out a lot of times not being able to control the slide.

6. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

the words racing sim say it all i dont really consider drifting racing?!

7. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

@MsportDAN I agree with you, drifting makes you lose a lot of time, but for others it's for the show. Again, I don't plan on drifting in a race, but the skills could come in handy.

8. Danny Giusa

Danny Giusa Simracer

How you wan't to ban drifting ?
    If physics are good you are always able to drift, even on some racing tracks you need to slide (a slide is a drift, too) a little bit.

If you don't like drifting it is your point, but we are a wide and open community and as Dean said, bigger community more fun for everyone.

9. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

@Danny Giusa Also, in iRacing (my main sim for now) a lot of the faster guys use a loose setup, which means their back end slides just a little bit (more oversteer) so the car turns faster in the right direction. I'm not able to perform that, yet. So I'm loosing a lot of time driving safe, so I don't cause an incident.

pudenfuhrer and Danny Giusa like this.
  10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

im not saying ban it, i just dont want this to become the focus of this sim.. we need a pure racing sim with concentrattion on full sim racing, an iracing beater not a shift 2 beater.

Ive just been disapointed with games like this in the past, when they try to please hardcore and arcade racers....and they do neither spot on....

11. GothaR

GothaR Racer

I understand your concerns, but if AC has good physics, than it allows to do everything you can IRL. So if someone wants to drift, he will have drift track, for us, racers, will remain plenty of other beautiful tracks and "non-drift" cars.
    Community can split a bit, but I wouldn't be afraid, that race part will become less popular than drift part. Don't worry, there are plenty of racers out there :)
    And still, you cannot say it is in focus of the sim just after receiving one drift track while we have many magnificent tracks planned. And then there is also mod community :)

Ethan Dean and Bullus like this.
  12. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

@MsportDAN I don't think everybody will start drifting in races or change the direction of where Assetto Corsa is going. Some like drifting, some don't (like you for example and many other). Again, don't think drifting is good for actual serious racing, but it's a good skill to have.

13. r3ck0n

r3ck0n Racer

you are entitled to your opinion, but why try and force that on everyone, simply because you don't understand that aspect of motor racing?

I am NOT a drifter, in fact I really don't care for it, or plan on racing that part of the game very much. (if at all)

But you won't see me making negative comments or asking to have that removed simply because I wont be using it.

This is pretty much like getting upset with someone else for eating french fries because YOU are on a diet

:p

Ethan Dean and ov1diu like this.
  14. Danny Giusa

Danny Giusa Simracer

I don't think you need to worry about this.
    Unbenannt.png

15. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

@Danny Giusa You should've put a very large arrow pointing to that small text. :D

16. Danny Giusa

Danny Giusa Simracer

Probably, something like a Las Vegas Bill Board, with many bling bling :D

17. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

just would rather them concentate on getting pitstops in or things like that, rather a purely wasted mode..

19. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

People can drift in races if they like, they gonna be sloooow *** times compared to running a clean lap. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. There is a drift mode in the game so it's sort of a side show not the main event. I have no isse with it but understand the concern

Morne du Plooy likes this.
  20. sinbad

sinbad Racer

Pitstops?
    It's their prerogative, I suppose. I think the absence of multiplayer, even at this early stage, speaks a lot more about the true direction of Assetto Corsa than the inclusion of a "Drift Mode".
    Does look quite pretty, though, and the way those doors open and close- very crucial to "Your Racing Simulator".

21. Jdz

Jdz Rookie

I imagine the drift feature isn't too big to implement, so it most likely doesn't affect the development of the 'racing' features. Irrespective, I think it's a nice to have, drifting is big in LFS lobbies (or at least the demo), could help bring more people to Assetto Corsa.