1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Drifting in E30 M3...What a car the E30 is and how it handles in AC is a dream...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Colt Rogers, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

The E30 M3 on the gorgeous Akagi Mountain Pass. My second run on is course so not perfect yet but gives you a good idea of how well balanced the E30 is and how great of a job the DEVS have done in making the steering and suspension physics near perfection IMO for the E30 M3.

This is a big progression IMO of the steering and physics bugs that were here in AC but are now mostly gone. This E30 in AC is such a joy to drive either sideways are grip racing. I have been a bit frustrated in the past with the small bugs and can't be happier at this point and we owe it all to the awesome and committed DEVS of AC. So thanks a million and can't wait to see just how close to perfection AC can get in the future.

Hopefully other cars in AC will near the recipe of the E30 as far as having the ability to balance and steer the car at will. I have found that this car just has more steering feel, weight, response, accuracy than other cars in AC. I realize that the E30 is well known for this in real - life (I own 3 E30s currently) but I m sure other cars should be closer to the perfection of this one. Well done and thank you to all the DEVS and people behind the scenes for giving us a chance to enjoy driving on no higher level than any other sim to date.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Liveries Drifting halloween skin for e30 m3 Oct 31, 2014
    Screens & Videos Some drifting madness! e30 & ferrari Jul 2, 2014
    Screens & Videos G27 onboard drifting in Nurburgring gp with e30 May 16, 2014
    Screens & Videos Drifting like a monkey - BMW E30 M3 Mar 23, 2014
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa - BMW M3 E30 drifting Challenge (steering wheel gameplay) HD 1080p Dec 3, 2013
    Physics Bugs & Issues M3 E30 Drifting feeling Nov 10, 2013
    Screens & Videos Drifting Bmw e46 M3 Downhill May 21, 2022
    Screens & Videos M3's drifting on a rainy day Mar 20, 2022
    Screens & Videos Tandem drifting - A cinematic Feb 26, 2022
    Screens & Videos Z drifting through traffic Feb 19, 2022
    Screens & Videos 5 man tandem - Winter drifting Feb 11, 2022
    Screens & Videos Winter drifting a stock Audi R8 Quattro Jan 16, 2022
    Screens & Videos Sliding into 2020 | Drifting Cinematic Jan 3, 2022
    Screens & Videos Winter is here |Drifting Cinematic Dec 16, 2021
    Screens & Videos Yes officer, my civic is stock - Civic drifting Nov 27, 2021

3. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Why do you spell DEVS in caps lock?

I'm betting the "improved" steering feel and responsiveness is down to the E30 D's increased steering lock. Nice slides though.

4. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

For some reason when I write DEVS my ipad automatically capitalizes that word...also always caps the word ONBOARDS for some odd reason. Not sure how to fix it but o well.
    Not sure if it is only the increased lock in the D because actually the entire steering and road feel has increased lately for me. I think the E30 has the best steering feel/responsiveness in AC by far and only hope the rest of the cars will catch up in this department.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Ethan Dean likes this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

Colt, is that really you? I nearly fell off my chair reading that you actually like something in AC at last. Good to hear that you are enjoying the BMW, now I am going for a lie down. :p

P.S. All the other cars handle lovely to me, but then you are just learning to have fun and enjoy AC.

Griffin and Colt Rogers like this.
  6. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Indeed it is me Horus. Due my recent feedback on some issues I think I may have been a bit misunderstood with AC. I have enjoyed it since the beginning but after playing quite a lot some things really started to bother me bc they weren't quite right. Whether it's me or the sim I'm not sure but I only commented on these items hoping that others had the same feelings and the DEVS would take a look.

Either way it seems to me a vast improvement in these areas and all so well...for the record I have loved AC since its inception and have sent many fellow sim racers to Steam to purchase AC. When I start rambling on about physics and steering etc. it's only slight issues that I myself believe could be slightly better. When I say slightly better that literally means nearing absolute PERFECTION...and I believe the DEVS are after just that and will get there eventually.

Thanks and happy driving!

7. lotsafingas

lotsafingas Gamer

Nice Drifting, I don't know how you manage to race in that view... o_O

I like how you stuffed up and still kept the footage for showing, some people edit things out because they are embarrassed.

8. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Thanks for that. It was my 2nd ever run on that course so a few offs are to be expected.
    I recently switched to the bumper view bc it gives me much quicker reaction time with less steering-car body movement lag. Also displays much better senses of speed on my single screen.

9. Ettieapple

Ettieapple Simracer

The DEVS deserve to be written in caps. Atleast the first letter.

Fear and Colt Rogers like this.
  10. Horus

Horus Alien

Get your tongue up any further and you will taste toothpaste. :p

JOKING!!!

ITB Fiend likes this.
  11. iVG

iVG Alien

Other cars are not designed with drifting in mind. You want all cars to handle the same?

lotsafingas, finepot and alex72 like this.
  12. alex72

alex72 Alien

And looking at videos of professionals like Chris Harris etc easily handling a car doesnt mean its easy for someone else. I have checked a lot of videos where the drivers (more normal skilled drivers) talk about what the cars feel like and how they handle, and everytime its been how they handle in AC as well. Last time i saw some McLaren GT video and how the guy mentioned how fast the car stopped when you slam the brakes, responsivness in steering and all that. Looking at how he drove and what he said he felt was just like AC.

I havent driven, seen or heared about all cars, but Kunos work at a racetrack. Im sure they tested many of the cars themselves before coding their physics and behaviours, and on their website i saw text that they also get the numbers from the car manufacturers themselves. So its not made up stuff. Sure there can be bugs and misses or maybe even flaws in the physics that is being under construction as we type, but most cars seem to be close to the real deal.

Anyway, not a jump on you Colt. Just the info i gathered so far. ;)

Colt Rogers likes this.
  13. BobTheSpy

BobTheSpy Rookie

Are you driving the stock E30 or one of the racing variants?

14. finepot

finepot Racer

it's the e30 drift spec

15. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

If you read and try to understand exactly what I am attempting to convey about the E30 it doesn't mean I want all cars to be the same of course not. That's the beauty of AC is that they all feel like they should individually.

I am saying that IMO the E30 is the benchmark at this point in steering feel, accuracy, weight, tension, responsiveness.

16. finepot

finepot Racer

You are also talking about the drift version, huge difference from the stock E30. Saying that should be benchmark is pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, I love the E30's (especially the drift spec since all I do is drift :p), but each car has it's own properties and you can't take that away :/ Not every car is a drift car, and if everything felt like it was a drift car, it would just be GRID 2 all over again.

Kristaps likes this.
  17. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Ok All I mean by BENCHMARK is the attributes of the way the car STEERS. The weight of the steering, the accuracy around center of the steering, the steering wheel tension. Nothing to do with the actual E30 ONLY THE WAY THE CAR STEERS to be more clear.

18. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Around the Green Hell this car is a true joy to drive due to mainly the way the steering feels and responds in the hands.

19. finepot

finepot Racer

I have no problems with the way steering feels on non drift cars, only problem I have is trying to drift lower lock steering wheels while my wheel is still set to 900 degrees (too lazy to change it lol) The E30 drift wasn't so easy to steer when I first got my wheel :p Then again, I got use to 95% gain way too early on the drift E30 (getting my arms ready for a hachiroku :D) Also more than what you think affects steering. From what I've noticed in my 2-3 months with the G27, throttle control, braking, and tires (I spent a week or 2 drifting semislicks with the E30 drift down Dorifto Mountain, man street tires felt awesome after that lol) all make a difference. I'm sure there is more, and somewhat sure what I said probably made no sense. I feel like a young Takumi that is still stupid about cars when I try to explain things like this.

P.S. This G27 is my first wheel ever, and it's been a blast to learn drifting on Assetto :)