1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Drifting without doing story?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by BradParis, Jan 5, 2019.

1. BradParis

BradParis Rookie

Hi there,

New player here and yes I am sure I am able to find this in time but I am wondering if I am able to jump into drifting right off the bat or if playing story mode is necessary? It looks like I can join servers off the bat, so for example would I join a drift server, pick a car and modify it, and start drifting? Or do those cars need to be obtained through the story mode.

I am sure I will eventually end up playing the story mode but I effectively bought the game to drift in a realistic sim.

Many thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Drifting without stability control Apr 3, 2015
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Drifting on PS4? Sep 27, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions wheel drifting settings Jul 1, 2020
    Screens & Videos Bmw M4 Drifting with Wheel Cam Jun 9, 2020
    Screens & Videos BMW E36 Drifting with wheel cam ! Apr 23, 2020
    Screens & Videos Ferrari 488 Steering Wheel Drifting ! Apr 17, 2020
    Screens & Videos Fast downhill drifting in AE86!!! Apr 14, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Fast downhill drifting in AE86!!! Apr 14, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Drifting grip? Apr 2, 2020
    Screens & Videos Drifting Full Throttle Skyline R32 Check it out Dec 12, 2019
    Screens & Videos Street Heroes 180SX Drifting Oct 20, 2019
    ACC Gameplay DRIFTING Jan 21, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Drifting with controller settings Jan 5, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Drifting Right away? Jan 5, 2019
    Screens & Videos Online Drifting Montage [#10] Aug 11, 2018

3. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

You are either in the wrong forum or you bought the wrong game. Assetto Corsa Competizione has only GT3 cars which are not meant for drifting.

4. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

If you are talking about Assetto corsa, you can use evry single car from the start, even online.

5. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Just choose your boat and start story mode. I would recommend starting game on "hard" and "iron Man"-mode, as battles are more demanding and you get better trading cards.

After_Midnight and henkjansmits like this.
  6. ...also available as microtransaction to get the rarest supply drops :D

elchshooter likes this.