1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Drifting without stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TheLuggeria, Apr 3, 2015.

1. TheLuggeria

TheLuggeria Rookie

I've been trying to drift with a wheel and not doing too well. Then I decided to try with stability control. I can drift well with any setting from 25% to 100%. But as soon as I turn it off I spin out and/or can't hold the drift. Sorry for so many drift posts :D. Just how do i drift with no stability

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Drifting without doing story? Jan 5, 2019
    ACC Gameplay DRIFTING Jan 21, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Drifting with controller settings Jan 5, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Drifting Right away? Jan 5, 2019
    Screens & Videos Online Drifting Montage [#10] Aug 11, 2018
    Screens & Videos Drift Playground Tandem Drifting With DTP's RX-7 Jan 29, 2018
    Screens & Videos Drifting the whole lap of Nurburgring Nordschleife Jan 23, 2018
    Screens & Videos Drifting boxes Jan 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Having problems with drifting/powersliding Jan 5, 2018
    Screens & Videos Nissan Skyline R34 Drift Workshop Drifting on Bihoku Highland and Magione Oct 7, 2017
    Console Lounge Drifting too easy after 1.15? Sep 20, 2017
    Screens & Videos Drifting @ Drift Playground /wheelcam Sep 17, 2017
    Console Lounge Tandem Drifting Lobby for Wheel Users! Jul 19, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues [AI] Audi R18 drifting in karrusel Jun 6, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Wheel drifting/Nordschleife tourist communities May 20, 2017

3. #skillz #inputlagisevil #needsmoreframerates

Epocx and victor86 like this.
  4. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah, skills. :) Its not that easy in real life either unless you have some experience. But there are a lot of AC/real drift videos on YT to check and be observant on the wheel/throttle action.

Basically you have to be fast on the counter steer move. You have to find the counter move that wont get your car to spin in the direction you turn. Then you have to apply the correct amount of throttle - which is dynamic to the situation. In the beginning i couldnt drift AT ALL in AC, but now im getting some good slides and also some nice catches when im not supposed to drift but catch the car as its about to slip. It takes some time to get to that point though if you havent drift a lot before. Also because we usually keep changing cars constantly. They all behave differently so to get good it could be good to stick to a car and practice.

If you use Vsync make sure to have "pre rendered frames" set to "1" to minimize input lag. I run with FPS limit instead so i have no input lag. And at the end of the day im not really the guy to help you because im not really that good. All i know is that you can drift in AC without SC but it takes some experience like in real life to learn, and of course it can make a difference depending on what wheel/pedals you have. My DFGT can do it but it doesnt send the wheel back quickly to center so i have to man handle it to do that while a more expensive wheel will do it for you thanks to very fast/strong return spring action. And of course if you are on keyboard/gamepad you better have L33T M4d skillz. :)