1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Drinking and driving...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by snyperal, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Who enjoys a beer while behind their virtual wheel? Personally I enjoy the occasional drink but no way could I play a racing game inebriated.

I'm just curious because quite a few of my mates play fps and they do so with a beer.

Leemstradamus, LeDude83 and JimmyPop like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge New drinking game Jan 10, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds cant get my standard Interior driving view Nov 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Your personal Driving Coach Oct 6, 2023
    ACC Tools Your personal Driving Coach Oct 6, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Kyalami 100%: AI over-driving Leeukop May 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error at random times during driving Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Physics Zero / extremely light FFB when driving straight ACC v1.9.0 Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Hotlap Session - start driving and TC and ABS changes Mar 23, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I look like I'm driving underground to other people Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting screen microfreezing while driving Dec 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB Logitech G29/920 driving GT3 vs GT4 Oct 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting driving with another ai car instead of my own after replay Aug 23, 2022
    ACC User Interface When using the FocusPlayerCar Hotkey whilst not driving in team races, hotkey doesn't work Jul 16, 2022

3. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

For sure, that's why I don't have a real racing licence :)

A beer and a good Single malt Whisky are mandatory (and a smoke, Dutch style that is) ;)

SomeLankyGuy, Ace Aono, Horus and 2 others like this.
  4. One of my best friends has a sort of chart on the precise correlation between alcool and laptimes, I always have a good laugh with him on this. It's something like: half glass of red wine, 2 tenths a lap. 2 beers, 1 second, and so on.
    It happened to check while drinking together when he came to Italy, and his method was quite right. But everything is in the jokes area, don't take it as a serious thing.
    My opinion is: much better to drink and drive a simulator, than drinking and drive a car on public road. I always welcome drunk people met online: it's one less on the street :)

5. JimmyPop

JimmyPop Gamer

its fun from time to time to virtual drive when hammed up, because I certainly wouldn't chance it in real life. I noticed just how bad it would be. Makes me wonder what people are thinking when they do go behind the real wheel drunk.

Horus, snyperal and Leemstradamus like this.
  6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Only in pCars, sober or drunk drives the same. :)

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Absoulutely enjoying beer along with AC racing. My (racing) buddy and me are therefore referring to the "beer straight" during racing. This way we know where the other guy is on track :-D

snyperal likes this.
  8. I do enjoy a few beers while simming, but only upto a point. I find 3-4 is good, and i sometimes can produce some of my best times, due to just being more relaxed. I tend to stay clear of multiplayer though, as it's just like DUI in real life, just less severe. I'm probably much more likely to ruin someone's race, even if i am driving fine for the most part.

snyperal likes this.
  9. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Yeah in real life avoid like the plague but in the virtual world, the most fun I had was with a friend drunk doing hotlaps. Really it did show you how bad you can be with a few drinks. By all means do all the drinking you want on the virtual world as long as you avoid in the real world. Don't want to lose any of you!

snyperal, kofotsjanne and LeDude83 like this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

up to 5-6 beers and i can drive better than when im not drinking, after that im starting to feel the reflexes go down - fast!
    You can feel pretty easy how much danger thats involved in drinking and driving in real life. A turn that you have no issue with suddenly turn deadly and the brakingpoint is nowhere to be found. Easy to try yourself, just drive with AI and see if you manage to react when they brake in stupid places.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Leemstradamus and snyperal like this.
  11. Horus

Horus Alien

Malted hop Tea here, but it does have a rather Stella taste. :confused:

snyperal and Leemstradamus like this.
  12. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Reaction times go down with the first glass of alcohol. You may be more relaxed for a while, but that effect does not last long and you will not quickly recover normal reaction times (recovering takes about 1 hour per glass).

13. Horus

Horus Alien

But think of all the fun you can have with those poor reactions and all your inhibitions gone walk-abouts. Also if you have two monitors and drink enough you can get a really good 3d effect, but if you move to the one good eye driving you have gone too far. :D

Roberto Olivetti likes this.
  14. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I'm not typical finn as I don't drink at all. The green is my friend. I drive faster when I'm totally sober tho.

Andy-R and LeDude83 like this.
  15. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

I'm sorry guys but encouraging drinking in a public (and all ages forum) is not really fitting.
    I know you are not really encouraging but I prefer to stop the thread now.

Sorry about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.