1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Driveability of the different cars

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Axel Vogelsang, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

It will be very interesting to see how this topic will be represented. For example Porsche has put a lot of effort regarding the driveability in the development of the 2019 GT3 R. The result should be a car which is a lot easier to handle for AM drivers.

Unfortunately I don't remeber the source but in this context it was said that the current AMG GT3 is about a second faster in average for an AM driver compared with the 2016 Porsche GT3 R. I am really looking forward to be able to drive these three cars and compare them to each other in ACC.

carlossanchez97 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Multiclass visual differentiation missing? Apr 14, 2024
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds any server with many different mods crashes on startup Mar 2, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality FFB is different in VR and single monitor Jan 8, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Which setup does the AI use in ACC? Is it the default setup or a different one? Nov 24, 2022
    Sounds modding Error Message when attempting to mod in different sounds? Mar 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Different approach!! Mar 22, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Different FFB feel in a big grid Feb 13, 2022
    Sounds modding Same sound, different car, different volume? Why Feb 7, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Different time stamp in chat Jan 27, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Im super happy with VR (1.8.4) - So what am I doing different? Nov 28, 2021
    ACC User Interface DLSS Problem. Image Scalingis missing [DLSS and IS are two different things] Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Physics Brake Bias setting and display different in some cases Sep 30, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions ACC Help with SETUP differentiating Sep 14, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Pimax 8kx: Different vegetation shadow in each eye Jun 18, 2021

3. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

I agree. I suppose everyone has their own preferences and things work and are processed differently for everyone, but the Ferrari is much easier to keep pointed straight for me. Maybe it's because I have been reading so much more about it here, but the nuances between handling characteristics are more noticeable in this sim than any other one I've played.

4. nimp

nimp Racer

Very believable statement, considering the very heavy rear weight distribution of the Porsche (over 60% afaik), which makes the car quite tricky. The Porsche needs to be trail breaked deep into corners to get the center of gravity forward and the car turning, while the AMG is more coast friendly. That's probably where a lot of the time difference for AM drivers comes from.

Are there numbers out on the new Porsche's weight distribution? Considering they moved weight forward in the RSR, they could attempt the same with the GT3 car (I think it has to stay rear engine to follow homologation rules).

Seeing how nuanced the currently released cars are, it will probably be easy to tell the old and new Porsche apart.

5. Borbor

Borbor Racer

the new GT3R in the hands of an am will be even more of a handful if they run pirellis.

it might be slightly better on michelins and I'm making this comment not based on the tire manufacturer and quality of product but the tire width allowed.

was at a shakedown recently where a gold rated pro said it was even trickier than the previous iteration (and he used to race the previous one until his team switched cars)

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It will also be interesting to compare the current Lambo with the 2019 model. There was a tests drive and interview in a recent Sport Auto issue. The Lambo engineers apparently focused a lot on driveability - it was pretty much THE topic of the article.

I'd hazard a guess that this is what every manufacturer is going for. It will sell them more cars and more cars in the field means higher chances of winning --> again more sales.

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  7. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I think it's also the same with the 2019 Audi R8 LMS GT3. That's why it is awewome to have 2018 and 2019 in ACC!

Echo_29 and LeDude83 like this.
  8. I'm loving just how different the cars behaviour/personalities are currently . I think this EA program has been awesome as you've jumped around having to adopt driving styles with the tracks & cars - very eye opening on one combo I got into PC99 for a good couple of weeks, just dropping to 98 at the end of that month, and on another really struggle to make the most of it [or not enough patience/practice] and holding around PC95. From the nervous Schumacher corner in the Lambo wondering if it's going to swap ends, to the super aggressive driving style needed in the Bentley @ Misano, to the Jag that requires a whole lot more wheel input in a corner.

All good fun stuff :)

Axel Vogelsang, warth0g and tjr like this.
  9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Couldn't agree more! The EA has really made me appreciate the differences in the cars and tracks that have been released so far. The variety is really compelling already.

LeDude83, Axel Vogelsang and warth0g like this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes and it's exactly what I expected and hoped for.

It's like Kunos took a magnifying glass and pointed it at GT3. This focus shows the rather significant differences between those cars much better than in AC, where the scope was much larger.

One example I found: the Ferrari's platform/suspension seems to be capable of handling more power than it has in GT3 spec. That aligns with what Aris wrote in his blog - this is a race car with a road version whereas some other GT3 cars are road cars with a race version. Perfect example for the latter is the Jag. It struggles with traction leading to big powerslides up to 3rd gear but at the same time the TC will kill acceleration out of hairpins.

Arlo likes this.
  11. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

But there hasn't been a blog for the Ferrari yet!? Which blog do you mean @LeDude83?

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm pretty sure he mentioned it. If there's no blog then it must have been elsewhere.

13. Echo_

Echo_ Gamer

Drivability is quite noticeable, for example the Ferrari at Zolder is so stable and easy to drive, the front end is sharp and you can place the car where you need it, the Jaguar is Completely different, get on power too much and the rear sides out mid corner, I would expect a AM to struggle in the Jaguar.

14. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

It will be a feast to compare all the Evo- or new versions with their predecessors:
    Porsche, Nissan, Lambo, Audi, Aston, Bentley, McLaren...hope I didn't forget one...