1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Driver Rating System to Be Included in Project CARS 2 - do we need it in AC2??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Diablo_rf, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Hello lads!
    Driver Rating System to Be Included in Project CARS 2
    https://www.gtplanet.net/driver-rating-system-to-be-included-in-project-cars-2/

So do you think we need a Driver Rating System and a Matchmaking system in AC2?
    My personal opinion is that this two systems are the future of online multiplayer gaming whitch allow to quickly organize and arrange players based to their skills and behavior.
    What are your thoughts?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating - differences between driver statistics and ingame Sep 2, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Lost Driver Rating progression after servers up again Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver ratings through a browser? Dec 15, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Better Driver Rating System for ACC [Seriously, stop] Nov 23, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions xb1 will delete & reinstall lose my driver ratings?? Nov 2, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Driver Rating dropping rapidly Aug 3, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Results of Season 16 sessions don't appear under Driver/Pace Rating Jul 23, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver rating fails to load Jul 16, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Common driver license/rating repository Jun 2, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver profile - rating and stats not loading May 9, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Driver Profile Ratings Reset Apr 1, 2020
    ACC User Interface Driver profile / Rating - Lacking context and data Jan 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP race not registered in driver Ratings and Stats Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI Driver Ratings Oct 23, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards All Driver Rating Progress Lost Jun 1, 2019

3. Although it would be nice to have, unless races are popular enough that they are going off with multiple splits a rating system is pretty pointless.

JoseL231 and Thomas Gocke like this.
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I would prefer something like a built in Minorating. The rating and grading system as it is in iRacing is not that great IMO. I'd rather race the MX5 Cup or Legends Ford than the GT machines or F1 in the higher grades.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think games that have a built in rating will have a huge advantage over others. I have read posts where people say that they arent that happy about the physics that iracing have but yet only play it because they can get clean and fair racing easier.

R3E are also working on a system with rating. AC have 2000+ players each evening, if it was possible to get clean racing many of them would probably race online. Lets say that 200 play online every evening, that would get people to fill 8 servers with 24 drivers in each.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

A system like that might actually encourage more people to actually try online racing though. You're less likely to be matched up with field of wreckers and people have a smoother online experience.

LeDude83, MBK72 and Diablo_rf like this.
  7. Diablo_rf

Maybe it might not be so critical for PC version, but consoles would benefit a lot from this kind of things, where people just want to have a quick and clean race without loosing too much time on searching the servers etc.
    Just pick the car, and here you go.

WallyM likes this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont think thats something that only console players would want though.

9. Diablo_rf

Of course its not, but the console players will benefit more, because they are more casuals, if you get what I mean...

10. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Problem is 150 of them want to race different track/cars, so they spread out very much.

Andy-R likes this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Theres a whole bunch of casuals on PC too, just look how many Nordschleife Tourist servers there are :) That is pretty casual to me.

@Thomas Gocke
    They could have something like a combo (matchmaking) each week, i think that would attract alot of people.

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Just hire @Minolin and everything will be fine. :)

MR does a fine job, but an internal system has some advantages. For one, you can rate drivers without even driving online and second you can take more variables into account, like the pedal positions, wheels speeds or whatever.

What are my thoughts with respect to such a system in pCars2? Well, good for them …

TDS likes this.
  13. Diablo_rf

Well, it can be sorted by classes, there are a lot of exaples, lets look to forza multiplayer, every car have it's rating. Of course, some tracks will be more populated some less, but if you can see whitch tracks are more "wanted" or the amout of players waiting for it to race, then you can get in to the race pretty quick.

Wondering what thoughts have @Minolin about implementing such a system in AC, and how should it work from his point of view.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  14. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

I do like the idea (as long as the choices suit my taste :p), but I'm not sure it is worth the effort. iRacing has this niche covered, and while some people do complain about the physics of iRacing, it's just because people have to complain about something, if it's not online racing quality then it is something else. I don't think many people would change away from iRacing unless someone else is putting in the same or even more effort into online racing, and I don't see that coming.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah, it will be difficult to get people from iracing to any other sim. Many have spent alot of time to get their rating and alot of money on content that they will lose. It takes something special for whichever developer that gonna compete directly with them.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You can read about that in the MR drivers thread. This discussion isn't exactly new. :p

17. Diablo_rf

Honestly your thought is a bit pisimistic, iRacing doesn't have the best system in this case, and I'm sure Kunos could do a good one also if they are really interested in it. But if PCARS2 if will have it, GT Sport will have it also, not having such a system will be a big impact in the next title, because this kind of systems like battle rating for action games, and driving rating for racing games also with matchmaking system is how the games work now and will work in the future...

kofotsjanne likes this.
  18. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Of course that doesn't mean online racing should be dropped or not put in any effort, I just think an online ranking system is not worth it. Include some nice features for casuals and private leagues, and it should be fine. And MR does it's thing, I really don't have a problem with AC online racing quality.

19. Diablo_rf

Not difficult at all, people who are not iR fanboys trying AC physics will hardly return back to it.
    The same thing how it was with one of my friend, he used to race in iR but after trying AC, he have some hard time driving iR again.

TomTrick likes this.
  20. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

pessimistic - realistic, I don't know. I think community tools like MR and RSR are sufficient. But time will tell, I really hope online racing across sims gets a big boost, somehow.

21. Diablo_rf

There is no better way on doing it than making the life easier for players...;)
    In this case you only have to select a car from a series (A,B,C,D etc), select a track you want to race on (but keep in mind this might increase the waiting time) and click RACE.
    What can be eaiser than that?
    Also the cars might be arranged on the grid based on their specs.
    Another good thing is that it can be separated in different categories, like:
    • Arcade Races - just pick the car and jump straight in to the race also with aids allowed.
    • Simulation Races - with a short qualify and maybe a bit more amount of laps/time.
    • Official Championships - self explanatory.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    JoseL231 likes this.