1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

ACC Blog DriverProfile / Rating (ACC 0.3)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Nov 14, 2018.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For me it works about half the time, sometimes user stats or leaderboards wont show and restarting game fixes it. Would it be possible to add a refresh button? This would solve a bit of frustation.

2. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Simracer

In my case user stats and leaderboards stop loading after returning to the main menu from a session. After restarting the game they will usually load again.

3. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

No reentering the menu ever changed the issue for me. I never saw this menu only ever saw the naked menu with an oval shaped loading animation in the screen center. Also the multiplayer serverlist does not load for me (error occured) - are the two perhaps related?

4. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I have the impression that the data analysis doesn't work properly with the Bmw on Misano...I have a lot of «you push too hard» ?
    I don't know Paul Ricard, but just a few lap and the game give me green stuff.

I love the idea but also sometime in a race, you have to push the car to pass a component... So, I don't know, but in Misano with the bmw it seems hard to have green, I don't understand for the moment why ?
    With the Bentley, I made a decent lap time.

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Multiple possible scenarios here. One could obviously be that we indeed need to tweak some parameters on some corners (although this was rarely necessary so far).
    Another one is that you overdrive Misano, a track you know, and be mroe careful in PR. The same applies to almost everybody I've seen in both dry and wet - wet conditions suddenly turn everyone in "on, but never over the limit" machines. I could imagine, not 100% knowing the track causes the same effect.

Oh careful, huge misconception. When you overdrive (= your tyres are beyond the grip limit), you may feel fast and everything is twichty and spectacular and so on. But you are not fast. On the (seriously thin) line of the limit is where you are fastest.

anthony galmiche and Fremen_78 like this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Really good work @Minolin. I can't repeat it often enough how much added value you're giving ACC.

This menu with the driver standing there also gives the sim this refinement/attention to detail/bling bling that was lacking a bit from AC.

I haven't had the chance to dig into the rating stuff, again but will do so by the end of the week. Will report back, here of course :)

7. Just checked the CC and CN bars are not in chronological order and I cannot check the last 2 bars to the right in CN.
    Plus is it possible some sessions are missing?

mikendrix likes this.
  8. ignission

ignission Rookie

My total score changes every time I open the page. Is this because it's still a WIP?

9. Big Bird

Big Bird Rookie

I asked the same question the other day. Yes it’s because it’s WIP. It’s just displaying a random value each time as it helps them test the UI.

ignission likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It appears pretty regularly that in 0.3.x the leaderboards, driver profile and server list aren't loading after I exited to the main menu from a session (with lines in the log like "LogKsOnlineServices: Warning: TCPSocket sent result: 7, TCPPaket removed" and "LogKsUI: Server list timeout. Attempt 3 ... LogKsUI: Server list giving up"), requiring a game restart to see them again. Is that a known issue or should I make a bug report?

11. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Question here, does racing and overtaking faster AI increase your related ratings faster? In other words, will I see my ratings increase faster if I'm racing against 100% pace AI than with 50?

12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Hardcore Simmer

So this i can confirm this... i just did 3h endurance race AI on 100% strenght
    Day before that i did 97% and i was faster then ai most of the ai's with BMW and did not notice huge changes in rating

Last night during the race i had amazing race against AI for like 4-5 laps of clean positions swaping back and forward and my rating went up up fast and in the end i belive my rating improved bt 11 points after the race

13. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

These ratings are quite fun, will they be reseted at the end of the Early Access or not?

14. mikendrix

mikendrix Racer

I still need some clarification on the "Overdrive" rating.
    90% overdrive means it's good, there is 10% of overdriving ? Because the bar seems to show only the overdriving : 10%.
    Then how can we have 90% overdriving and only 15% car control ?

I've read the answer of Minolin, he says there is something wrong with it, but for me it's still unclear : how should the CC and Overdrive be represented both in the graph and in % value ?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  15. After update 3 my driver went "anonymous". I changed name and last name in the notepad and works for the menu and online but in the leaderboards is still anonymous even after I set a better time with the name changed

16. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Thanks for the reply. I did not think when I overdrive I could been faster.
    Just how overdriving in certain situations , can affect evaluation of our ranking.

But thanks for the great work and these ideas that you bring on the game.

17. RS10

RS10 Racer

I guess the red bars are not supposed to disappear behind the other ones? But you're probably aware of this

And there's no common scale to the y-axis in the graphs, is there?

It's mostly 3px when counting but
    58 to 59 is 4px
    68 to 69 and 71 to 72 is 2px
    74 to 76 is 89px (44.5px)
    76 to 83 is 15px (2.14 px)

upload_2018-12-5_19-57-7.png
    The huge jump makes it appear as if two sessions were really good with the others being below average with a car control almost as bad as the overdriving

upload_2018-12-5_19-59-14.png
    Now if the scaling is fine it looks like this, every session slightly above average, a bunch of them with a CC one could consider 'ok' with a certain level of overdriving which doesn't look as dramatic as before

Still don't understand how those sessions could yield a CC of 79 when the average is probably around 65 ... i just hope it will be possible to have seperate ratings for different input methods, this is all driven with a controller, wheel will surely be better than that

btw ... can anyone tell my how the second to last corner is supposed to be driven so it doesn't end up being "way too hard" ? lol

Minolin and D.Jankovic like this.
  18. Raklödder

Raklödder Racer

Apologies for the dumb question, but will our ratings be reset (or wiped) at release?

19. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Hardcore Simmer

Probablly will

20. RS10

RS10 Racer

This is about Paul Ricard btw ... no matter how i drive that corner i get "way too hard" or something like "slow" ... the corner onto the long straight also switches between "way too hard" and "perfect" with close to no difference in exit speed