1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Driving in FormulaAbarth

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Gray Fox, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Amen fratello!

2. Eryk03

Eryk03 Rookie

All from under braking not powerslides like in the video from the first post. Here you "drifts" like in FWD car.

3. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

?!?

4. Eryk03

Eryk03 Rookie

What don't you understand?

5. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

There are some very clear powerslides in the video you quoted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Eryk03

Eryk03 Rookie

No, it's not. He actually don't even touch the throttle. He drifts like in FWD car, just brakes> weight of the car goes to front, rear axle wasn't weighted co it lose control. That's IT.

7. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

Just look at the first one. ;)

8. Eryk03

Eryk03 Rookie

... The first one what?

9. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

The first drift in the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Eryk03

Eryk03 Rookie

Better.

11. Adrian J.

Adrian J. Gamer

Hi all,

I think this car still has some work to be done on it, AC is still in development,

I like formula style sim cars so tried this one straight away, it feel like I'm just moving graphics from side to side,
    Maybe the real world version is incredibly bland too I don't know,

Comparing the real world version to the AC sim version by overlaying telemetry & seeing that they match closely is a good thing, but if the driver if the sim car has sensation that he's actually driving a sim car then it's pointless

Very Little tire feedback or feel as if rubber tires exist

No depth to physics

It sounds as though I'm slating the AC sim cars, but just being honest, the closed top cars are better & the KTM seem more developed at this point.

Seriously have my fingers crossed for AC as a simulator (as oppose to another arcade title)
    as the visuals are top notch + the software runs very very well.

12. Adrian J.

Adrian J. Gamer

Opps ! correction :

Comparing the real world version to the AC sim version by overlaying telemetry & seeing that they match closely is a good thing, but if the driver of the sim car doesn't have a sensation that he's actually driving a sim car
    (As oppose to just steering graphics around ) then it's pointless

13. If there is no tire feel how can I powerslide the car out of hairpins so easily?

14. Adrian J.

Adrian J. Gamer

Hiya

Because it's easy to do so, I've done it & it feels like I'm just positioning graphics correctly just to setup the power slide

Positions graphics is a tad harsh but there is very little depth to this sim car,

If your enjoying though then enjoy

15. WallyM

WallyM Alien

To me, the formula abarth feels awesome on my T500RS. I feel exactly how much grip I have under braking and sliding through corners when you push it to the edge (pro mode, no assists). Coming from netkar, I think it's perfect. It's funny how much perceptions can vary, but then no two sets of hardware or settings are ever the same.

16. I don't know how to drive "positioning graphics", so it must be the FFB ;)

17. betafan

betafan Rookie

I'm happy with the car's handling, it's sooo much fun! I actually have no problem sliding the car, in fact I do it for a lot of the time because I believe there's a slight problem with the brakes.
    It's extremely easy to lock the rears and spin while trail braking even from hi-speed at 200kph. Formula Abarth has a massive diffusor, so it has lots of downforce at 200 kph and it shouldn't be so easy to lock & spin. Also I don't think I have ever used full braking w/o locking.
    Braking is the only issue for me. Exiting is fun, loading the car on fast corners and controlling it is awesome! Exiting Aqua Minerale is always fun, but the braking spoils the chicane and I can't attack it as precisely as I want. Otherwise the car rides the kerbs perfectly. It's just that I can't use the full potential of the brakes without locking them.

Fanatec Carrera/ClubSport V1

18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

This car has been developed together with the ACI CSAI instructors at Vallelunga that are using this car to teach young pilots how a single seater behaves.
    ACI CSAI is the official Italian federation of motorsport.
    It is validated in terms of physics, telemetry and feel of pants.

Andrian J. you're going around the forum complaining of dull FF, lack of depth of physics and that AC is arcade, but honestly I think it is either a lack of proper configuration of your hardware/software or simply personal preferences.
    I'd like to think it's not trolling, so I respect your personal opinion but personal preferences is not an issue with the software, so please check your configurations or simply let it be, AC can't be perfect to everybody, there are great other sims outside that you may like better.

19. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

Adrian J... You're not obliged to like AC, nobody is. If you don't like it, I respect it, but we won't loose our sleep at night. ;)
    We gave already our blood and health (this for real) to make AC what it is now... so you can shout "ARCADE" as long as you wish... "It enters from one ear and goes out from the other" [cit]