1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Driving Technique Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Karsten Beoulve, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Rema84

Rema84 Gamer

IMG_20200519_204617.jpg IMG_20200519_164022.jpg Mostly I take the 2019 Porsche. Sometimes Ferrari

Arlo likes this.
  2. Arlo

Arlo Racer

My Nissan GT-R :)

Attached Files:

3. I tried it with the aggressive setup on a Monza online race, I was a little in trouble during cornering but was very competitive on straight.
    This resulted in a great battle and frustration for my opponents incapable to overtake on straight.

4. CmdrCody

CmdrCody Rookie

I got confident driving the Aston V8 so that's my go-to car now. I might try out some other cars in practice sessions, but in races I'll stick to the Aston.

I really like how the different cars all feel unique in ACC. In GTS, they're all a bit bland and too similar.

5. Thanks man I’ll check it out.

6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

My main car is the Gentleman AMG for serious racing, as it´s quite easy to drive and I seem to get the best times out of it.
    When I do a less serious race, like 20 minutes public MP I often choose the V12 Monster just because it sounds so nice (and because it puts a smile on my face when I can overtake opponents with a car that is basically 7 years old).
    And for tracks like Zolder I like to drive the 991.2 every now and than because it´s just one of the coolest cars included.

7. Nebulozny

Nebulozny Gamer

For some reason I've settled with 2019 Lambo, it just works for me. Tried every other car of course, and keep coming back to them for fun time but...Lambo just became my weapon. And I just love the engine sound.

And I kinda like that I'm usually only one with Lambo in the online race, very rare to see other one.

pdf3108 likes this.
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Ive been a fan of the McLaren GT3 cars more or less since the MP4-12c GT3 came to the original AC, so I tend to drive those a lot, although I tend to be faster in front engined cars, so I also switch around quite a bit for single races and hotstints. As I only play offline I can slow down the AI to stay mostly competitive with any car. Generally I gravitate to the less popular cars, no idea why, but the idea of being AMG driver #5691 doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'm just a GT3 Hipster.

9. Didn't try all the cars, Aston just drove really nice for me so kept that.
    [​IMG]

Arlo likes this.
  10. f1200racer

f1200racer Gamer

My advice on the BMW. Pick a track you are really good at load the aggressive setup and just drive for a while and learn what it wants. Start slower at first.

For me it was the car I could just drive and feel comfortable in right away. I found it to be very predictable in the corners and over the curbs. It sometimes has trouble getting power down but that could be me.

Other say it’s slow but I have never had a problem there it will out drag race most cars just have to get turbo spooling before corner exit. I do wish it was better on the brakes.

Still have to try the Suzuka setup and see how it is. I’m definitely no alien but i’m getting 1:59 at Silverstone and I’m competitive at Monza and zolder with it. But those are track I’ve spent most time at

$parkmastertape likes this.
  11. Creegz

Creegz Gamer

I started on the Mercedes and I will likely keep driving it in my current league. I have wanted to try other cars more seriously but I keep finding the AMG is the safe zone for me at this time. I am wondering if other cars will be better for me though.

12. redadeg

redadeg Racer

WTF?

What i am doing wrong? I have such a hard Lift-Off-Oversteer after the long straight in Paul Ricard....

BUT: not always...so i am guessing its my fault from time to time that i turn in to aggressivly?

Anty (setup?) tipps to lower this problem Driving advices?

13. NemethR

NemethR Racer

Well, no issues with the Ferrari there, BUT in the next long right-hander, I tended to basicaly drift through the corner....
    Then at one point I realised, I was just too aggressive there.
    So I do think it might be that you are just turning in too fast or too aggressive.

Try braking a bit more before the corner, and accelerate through it.
    See if it helps. - Increasing the rear wing should also help, but that will reduce your speed a bit.

Also you can try the safe setup, and the aggressive, and see if they behave the same.

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

15. Thanks guys!

16. Less mass transfer. So brake less, but a bit longer, and keep the throttle steady when you get back on it.

Creegz likes this.
  17. Creegz

Creegz Gamer

Ideally, brake a little earlier and be less aggressive on input but if you're already doing that and still experiencing this you can try to stiffen the front suspension a bit or increase the rear slow rebound speed a notch or two. Rear downforce could also help in this situation. But try making your inputs a little smoother to stop the weight transferring so aggressively.

18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Simracer

post a video