1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DSW Panels

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AndyH8, Oct 2, 2019.

1. AndyH8

AndyH8 Rookie

Hi guys. I have a set, left and right of Derek Spear Dessign button boxes. I'm having difficulty with both sides being recognized in ACC as same buttons in terms of ID. They both show as separate devices in Win 10 and other sims so they are separate devices but not in ACC as they show as one only but the sim reacts to both boxes. Any ideas please? Would deleting the json be appropriate for this ID issue?

Many thanks.
    Andy.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Olivier Boissel likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds D3D11createdeviceandswapchain-failed Apr 7, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ACS.Exe Stoped Working D3D11 CreateDeviceAndSwapChain Failed Dec 6, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed Nov 9, 2013

3. ralle1117

ralle1117 Rookie

Same issue here , in any other sim they are detected separate

4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

5. AndyH8

AndyH8 Rookie

Will do but not sure this will resolve if json does not hold this data for device. We'll see.

6. AndyH8

AndyH8 Rookie

Tried. Privileges not high enough to respond on that thread...

7. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Andyh8 connect your profile with steam to get acces to the support section

9. +1

10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You guys should provide your controller IDs.

11. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

You've suggested that already, but it's got nothing to do with this issue.

I've got a pair of Thrustmaster MFDs. Will try and check over the weekend whether those are recognised independently.

12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

I just did it twice, because they didn't do it yet, just to help.
    This issue persists since the beginning, these guys are not alone, but if nobody provides data, they maybe need to wait longer.
    It is no problem in ACC to have 3 of the same buttonboxes, so it is something about Dereks Button Boxes.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  13. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

The controller IDs for identical devices are the same. I don't understand how you think providing them will help?

The issue appears to be that ACC will only recognise one device with a particular ID.

14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

It is not about me, Kunos asked for the IDs for whatever reason, maybe to make these things working?
    I'm using more than 1 button boxes of the same kind without an issue.
    Again, just wanted to help.

Selfmade Buttonbox 1
    "productName": "Generic USB Joystick ",
    "productId": "393337-0-0-00807368867368",

Selfmade Buttonbox 2
    "productName": "Generic USB Joystick ",
    "productId": "393337-0-0-00807368867368",

15. DerekSpeareDesign Button Box 1
    "productName": "DSD P-Series Controller",
    "productId": "2319254744-0-0-00807368867368",

DerekSpeareDesign Button Box 2
    "productName": "DSD Button Controller",
    "productId": "2319254744-0-0-00807368867368",

This is listed in my controls.json.

This controlleurs ID are already mentioned in the thread : https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...p-us-by-providing-your-controllers-ids.51164/

I have exactly the same issue that AndyH8 described.

16. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

Its a long shot but who knows it might be worth a try and will cost nothing but 5 mins of time if windows see's them as individual inputs in the game controller app.

I used to use an app called Xpadder when I was playing non-gamepad enabled games. I think the last free version was something like V5.7 It will allow you to link the button box inputs to a virtual keyboard so you can then edit the ingame bindings to individual keyboard buttons and hopefully individual button box buttons too.

No harm in trying.