1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Duration of the races

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by nrc689, May 26, 2019.

1. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I prefer 30-40 minute races because you have plenty of time to create a position and you don't need to be crazy on the first lap. I also understand that some people don't have much time and want a quick race (sometimes me too). What I don't understand is why put in a quick race FP of 20 minutes and Q of 20 minutes. Why do I have to wait 40 minutes to make a 20 race? I believe that many people arrive so full of waiting that they can't wait to go wild. If you want a quick race what is the use of FP? I think it would be more logical 10/15 min at most Q for a 20 minute race. This would also allow you to enter the server and wait for the end of the race, instead we see people entering and leaving all the time. I myself if I see that 20 minutes are left at the end of a race I should wait 20 min of race, 20 min of FP and 20 min of Q.
    I honestly don't understand this logic. This is my opinion.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Career Duration Setting? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Open season championship pit window duration ignored Nov 28, 2021
    Console Lounge Special event quick race duration Oct 17, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI stint duration (IGTC Championship Mode / Bathurst 1h race) Apr 17, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer race duration preference [POLL] Jul 20, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Help! Penalty for exceeding the driver stint duration. Jun 26, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Event duration after start Jun 21, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer [0.6.2] Race duration misleading in MP server list Mar 9, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer race duration in MP Feb 3, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Change the practice duration Jun 4, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues controls locked penalty duration Aug 11, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Strange qualification duration time Jul 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Can someone help me understand the duration of the tires? Jun 1, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues [help] server version and qualifier duration Oct 14, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gold medal endurance races Mar 25, 2024

3. it is like a waiting room. anyway I prefer way longer races, 3h as instance!

trasgu and Arlo like this.
  4. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes waiting room..... If I have 40 minutes (for ex) I prefer 10 Q and 30 race. Who prefer 5 FP, 15 Q, 20 race?

5. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

I miss the LFS days where there was no practice or qualifying on public servers, just short fun races one after another.

nrc689 and Skaven Zverov like this.
  6. they have many servers, they will probably use different lenght. that's a detail! -3333333333333333333333333333333333

7. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I understand your explanation. But people click multiplayer to play now. I don't understand who want wait FP 60, 120, 240...

8. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

I wonder if 1.0 will bring Superpole to MP. That would be sweet for quick races - 2 laps and you're done and then we get started.

PiretSS2000, tjr and nrc689 like this.
  9. there is no need to understand m8. buy your own server and set it as you wish.

10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I've seen 20 mins practice , 20 mins qualifying and 3 lap races!

11. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

For some people quickraces are far from being the main thing.
    Some people like to pratice and get better too, those are simracers getting ready for an event or maybe just quickracers noticing they are behind with too many seconds in some teacks etc etc etc and thus they point to practice to improve their driving (races arent the bost to improve laptimes)
    Those people (like me) enjoy praticing in MP waaay more than doing it alone in SP, so you can help/get help by others players in the process etc etc

12. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Aggressive! We are just talking.. I said in my opinion.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  13. why aggressive? I was not. sorry if it seemed I was.

14. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Agree with OP. For a scheduled league race or the sort, makes sense to have a long FP.
    But for repetitive online races, I don't see the point of FP at all.