1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

(Dynamic?) Car Grids in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Schnipp, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

One thing I wish could be evolved from how it works in AC:

With a multiple car grid server admins had to predefine the exact grid, so i.e. a 24 car server with 8 different models, each model used 3 times.
    Now if there are still slots open for new drivers but the model you like is already taken you have to select another car.

Would it be possible to make the grids dynamic?
    So i.e. not a fixed number of model 'xyz' but just set the allowed cars and max. client size but no limit on specific models.

WallyM, Minolin, Epistolarius and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Same AI Driver in two cars Sunday at 6:32 PM
    Screens & Videos Porsche Carrera GT in Asturias Apr 8, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions What GT3 Is The Best All Around Car? Apr 7, 2021
    ACC Physics Zolder car setup Apr 5, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Aero Balance on GT4 cars Mar 30, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Unable to downshift after being swapped into car Mar 30, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Season 2 Challenge League: one different car every Friday Mar 27, 2021
    ACC General Discussions GT4 - remaining 2019 Brit GT cars? Mar 19, 2021
    Chit Chat Room How to change position of an onboard camera permanently for a car or mod? Mar 17, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Suggestion for forum: Specific Tracks and Cars Threads. Mar 16, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Career test help Mar 13, 2021
    XBox One Discussions Career test help please please please Mar 13, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Stability management in real cars Mar 13, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos How To Run Assetto Corsa Competizione In VR With Decent FPS, Decent Graphics & No Floating Cars Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No Dirt on Cars Mar 11, 2021

3. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

As I understand it, the reason behind this was the "join lag", i.e. when resources had to be loaded while driving. In rFactor they solved it with those funny yellow cars.
    Of course I hope this can be solved in a good way.

Epistolarius and Schnipp like this.
  4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, that seems to be the reason for it. (also the reason replay files are so big even with just 1 car on a server since the cars are still there and data is still recorded)
    But as it seems the focus on ACC is much more on Multiplayer, so I do hope they can find a way to make it more flexible.

Of course join lags would be a problem and a booking mode type of server limits spontaneous joining (unless it's planned to have MP in a scheduled mode like SRS and I think iRacing).

But if you actually look at the loading screen in AC it takes quite long to load a model the first time, but following car of the same model are loaded much faster, probably only the different textures for the skin need to be loaded and the spot for the car needs to be handled.
    So maybe there is a way to make it happen, maybe by loading all car models and skins while joining so there is no need to load new data while you're already on the server.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Suppose there's the hope that UE4 is good at streaming in objects.