1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

  1. Coanda

    Coanda Alien

    Today in Montreal at 11:00 am local time at the beginning of FP3 the F1 broadcast suggested the ambient temperature was 18 degrees and the track temperature was 36 degrees and the humidity was at 40%. The sky looked fairly clear & sunny. Currently in ACC I am unable to replicate this scenario. To receive 18 degrees ambient temperature when I join a 11:00 am session I have to set the custom ambient temperature to 14 degrees with 10 % cloud cover however the track temperature is only 26 degrees. Is there something I have misunderstood?
     
  2. M4rt1n93

    M4rt1n93 Rookie

    So im doing the FP1 for Monza in championship mode, endurance. Started first 10minutes dry, then started to rain pretty heavy. After sometime I had no grip so changed to wet tires, none of the AI cars pitted and just continue on slicks. But they are still doing almost same laptimes as when it was dry and looks to have much more grip then me who is on wet tires, and they even overtake me. So... does the weather even affect the AI?... Track status is now wet when they overtake me with there slick tires
     
  3. Mitja Bonca

    Mitja Bonca Alien

    Still the same. Please :)
     
  4. Coanda

    Coanda Alien

    I am not able to successfully enable the "Random Track" option. When I enable it and return to the weather & track conditions UI it is always disabled.. It does not matter what combinations I set for "Random Weather" or "Dynamic Weather".

    Edit Add:- I now see how the functionality works. You click Enable "Random Track" which will suggest new random values for "Wetness" & "Standing Water", this automatically sets RT to disabled once you leave the UI page therefore if you want new values you have to re-enable RT and either leave the UI or keep clicking disable & enable until you the new RT values are what you want for that session. Therefore every time you drive a new session and you want new "Random Track" values you then have to enter the "Weather & Track Conditions UI to re-enable the RT to receive new random values for "Wetness" & "Standing Water". I believe you should just enable "Random Track" once and be done with it.

    A couple of discussions going on here:-

    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...eather-always-disables-dynamic-weather.58087/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/weather.57995/
     
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:48 AM
  5. Alex1996

    Alex1996 Gamer

    Sure, but I don’t think it was supposed to work like that. Maybe the devs will fix that, such that it will work as the random weather option. However, I think it’s a minor problem compared to the random weather that isn’t working properly in general right now.
     
  6. Coanda

    Coanda Alien

    Hopefully in the update every time you re-enter the W & TC UI will you see new values for wetness & standing water and you will you also receive new values with each new driving session without having to open the UI...
     
    Alex1996 likes this.
  7. MsportDAN

    MsportDAN Alien

    something needs to be done with the constant wet tracks in the game on random track. I tried to start a championship after giving up after the 1st Q as every time was dry with damp track, the % value for wetness needs to be altered, so maybe 40% of that bar is dry, otherwise theres 1% chance of it being a bone dry track, the other 99% is some sort of wet!
     
  8. earlyapex

    earlyapex Racer

    In my case , random track always gives 0% wetness and 0% standing water.

    I used to be able to see the figures changing but that was before I manually set them both to 0% and now they will only randomise to 0%.
     
  9. Alex1996

    Alex1996 Gamer

    Yeah, I totally agree on this.
    It seems that the balance of weather is pretty good (at least for the very few moments that worked for me), a balance like that also for the track conditions would be perfect in my opinion.
     
  10. MsportDAN

    MsportDAN Alien

    Definitly needs a better random system to choose wet dry track maybe randomises between two options first then random the wetness if it picks wet

    DRY OR WET (50/50) > if wet - random wet %

    it just is always a wet track in all my races.
     
  11. Gopher04

    Gopher04 Racer

    Ignore post..
     
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 9:18 PM
  12. F1Aussie

    F1Aussie Racer

    Why in dynamic weather do i always get rain even when precipition is off but cloud cover varies a lot. It almost seems like the higher you set the cloud cover the more there is a chance it rains. I even chose brands Hatch with just the cloudy option and it rained.
     
  13. GRFOCO

    GRFOCO Alien

    This
     
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
ACC User Interface 1.0.2 - struggle with dynamic weather AND random track conditions Jun 7, 2019
ACC Gameplay AI Dynamic Weather Logic Jun 2, 2019
ACC Gameplay Variability in dynamic weather always gives the same result Apr 13, 2019
ACC General Discussions Storm weather and dynamic setting? Mar 8, 2019
Chit Chat Room Dynamic weather / condition changes dont work and cause chaos. Jun 11, 2017
Suggestions Dynamic weather Aug 12, 2015
ACC General Discussions Dynamic mirrors and fix for HUB in VR ? Today at 2:48 AM
ACC General Discussions How to get UE4's dynamic resolution running? May 2, 2019
ACC Physics ACs Aerodynamic Model Apr 13, 2019
ACC General Discussions Dynamic mirrors ? Apr 6, 2019
ACC Multiplayer Configuring dynamic climate multplayer 0.7 Apr 4, 2019
ACC General Discussions Audio dynamic range Jan 28, 2019
ACC General Discussions Dynamic Damper - Details Oct 28, 2018
ACC Virtual Reality Dynamic Mirror Oct 13, 2018
ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Setting Dynamic Damping Oct 13, 2018

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice