1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

True matey, there are many factors to consider outside what I have shown. I am hoping at least the devs crosscheck their system with real data handed over from SRO to make sure everything is on point.

2. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Air temperature delta is heavily dependant on cloud cover. Once cloud covers part of track, that partof track begins to cool and vise versa. I dont' think we need that much of realism, but lap time definitely depends on it IRL.

3. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

This!
    Right now ACC only produces wet starting conditions when choosing random track conditions.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Epistolarius - Do you know what time of the day that was? On the the YT video the cloud coverage looks clear.

Today in Austria at the start of F1 FP1 at 11:00 am it was 25 degrees ambient temp with 47 degrees track temp. Not long into the session the track temp went up to 51 degrees.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Coanda likes this.
  7. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Hey Coanda,
    I follow your work with weather with a lot of interest, unfortunately I got nothing really helpful to give, just a question:
    Do you also account sea level at tracks? Spielberg is around 700m above, for example
    With best regards, keep up!

Coanda likes this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Epistolarius - I can not select a 2:30 pm time slot to crosscheck in ACC therefore I selected 2pm. To match the Misano YT conditions and to get an ambient temperature of 32 degrees, I set the cloud coverage to 0% and ambient temperature to 28 degrees in the custom weather UI. This resulted in a track temperature of 42 degrees which -6.3 degrees lower than in your real life example which aligns with the -6.75 degrees average difference I found across all F1 tracks. Please see here:- Dynamic Weather Discussion

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Cheers matey. Just putting it out there. I am not bagging the system that we currently have and I really hope it is not received that way by the devs. To answer your question, No I do not take any of that into consideration. I know there are a lot of factors to consider when it come to weather & track temperatures. For now it is fairly basic info, air & track temperatures from the FIA feed, time of day & approximation of cloud coverage. Then I try and replicate these scenarios as best I can in ACC to see what we get. I could be wrong however I don't believe ACC takes any of that into consideration either. At least not from a session starting point. You can set a the same custom weather and load up each track and they will all be the same. If the track dynamically heats differently based on sea level or surface abrasion or any other factors, great however these questions need to be answered by one of the devs as I would only be guessing and most likely would d!ck it up :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, what I linked was from the start of qualifying 1 of the Misano round today, which featured significantly hotter weather than in 2018 I believe (would have to check back with 2018 footage). We'll have to see how/if Kunos adjust weather in ACC with the 2019 season update.

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

In my opinion I don't think it should really matter what year it is. The custom weather system should accurately reflect real life scenarios 24/7.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Umm... ACC can hardly reflect a scenario that hasn't happened yet. It simulates the 2018 season and from what I understand it tries to stay true to how the weather was in 2018 at the circuit you chose (with the fitting weather preset at least).

Where the difference in track temperature comes from with custom weather settings I don't know, I presume it would depend on variables that we cannot set.

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Epistolarius - As I said in my comment and all my previous posts I am only concerned about custom weather scenarios. I am not interested in the presets scenarios replicating the 2018 GT season.

14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

And I wrote that I'd presume track temp doesn't just depend on what ambient temperature you set, but variables that we cannot set. You've established that yourself on the previous pages. So...

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

cloud cover and time of day play a part

16. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

I am wondering what is the purpose of having heavy Storm/Thunderstorm in ACC. My understanding is that IRL if there is safety concerns like heavy downpour, the race stops, results are taken from last known when race stopped. ACC storm and heavy storm could be interesting from curiosity point but it serves no purpose. Today we had great race (2.5 hour Zolder) started on dry (for around 2 hours) and then it went downhill for last 30mins.: Light rain ->Heavy rain->Storm->Thunder storm(for 20min. creating river instead of asphalt)). After 20min. of Thunder storm it was impossible to drive (Lambo was aquaplanning as soon as you press brake 50% (while ABS is at max). I feel developers are too optimistic about their Storm/Thunderstorm representation in ACC. Why not just leave it out. I don't know but I believe weather range from Dry to Heavy rain is good enough. At least provide for server side to have a weather range.

17. lottalava

lottalava Racer

I´d like to see snow storm or blizzard. And for Heavy Rain with Thunder Storm.

I know, there is no real races in those conditions, but its cool anyway and I like to race under rain or snow.

And maybe some strong winds effects on trees.

18. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Sounds like an amazing race for me!
    2.5hrs race, towards end everything was possible loose all or win
    If I was spectator of that journey, I couldn't wish more than a finish like that

How was the overall experience from that race for you?
    (in heavy thunderstorm surviving Aquaplaning is really on the edge, disclutch is possible??)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  19. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Experience was great (I was in Lambo) if weather ended up just rain . But the game for some unknown reason ended up with heaviest possible thunder storm for 15 min and in last 3 min I was aquaplaning on ALL puddles. PSI dropped so much that after next spin I ended up without both front tires and couldn't navigate my boat anymore. I was on last 300 meters straight so basically using gas (wheel was gone) somehow I got into into pit lane and using walls finished 3rd. IT WAS DISGUSTING! Dear developers, I highly recommend you to make server side settings for weather range, because if this sort of weather shows up in your E-SRO broadcast, you are all going to blush. There are 2 reasons for that. 1st - IRL races stoped with black flag in such conditions(BTW, it would be even more correct that game shows Black Flag in such cases), 2nd - ACC physics is not capable to mimic what happens when road turns from asphalt to river (up until then it seems quite believable). Leave Thunder Storm conditions as option for fan races. Also, apparently, there is a HUGE BUG EXPLOIT (after 4 iterations from version 1.0). Essentially, if in pit stop menu (while driving) you don't put check mark at "change tires" then the game will still, miraculously, change your tires anyway but at 20 sec. faster. Bravo. And we were talking about Iracing killer a few weeks ago. BETA is written all over this title with huge red letters. But... driving part is absolutely amazing.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  20. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Double post