1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. SebiTheJoker

SebiTheJoker Gamer

This is exactly the reason i asked how is the track saturation working, but i was winded off. I did a full race weekend with 2 races 45min each. It rained hard for 20 minutes in the first race, and after the rain was done within 3 laps the tarmac was dryer than the sand in Sahara

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I suggest you guys check a couple of videos on youtube to see how fast a racing track dries up if rain completely stops and sun comes out.
    Hungaroring last year comes in mind. The BMW M6 started in wet tyres and overtook everybody in 2 laps... on the 3rd lap it was losing positions and on the 4th lap everything was dry and had to pit soon after.

These are racing circuits usually with special asphalt. It's not our neighbour road outside our home.
    Of course we will have a look at it to double check if there is a bug, but it doesn't really surprise me if sun comes out and in 2,3 laps you have dry line with all cars lapping.

admix, Dookie, Aseeth and 6 others like this.
  3. SebiTheJoker

SebiTheJoker Gamer

Yeah, if it was a dry line appearing it would have been good. But it is the whole circuit from start to finish a "dry line". Please do show me a link to a race where the tarmac is completly dry without firstly a dry line forming in 2-3 laps after a pouring rain, maybe i don't know anything about racing, but the start of the race at hungaroring 2018 season tells otherwise

4. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

In my case, there was no sun at all, it was still an overcast, but tarmac was still fully dry in 2 laps. I know it depends on the weather conditions (air temp mostly), tarmac is still cold (because its wet), and cannot dry out in anyway in 2 and not in 4 laps when stops raining. When stops raining, usually takes some time that sun appears (maybe instantly, maybe in 10min, maybe never - regarding that session).
    Even there is not a bug, I strongly suggest to evaluate these data ones more. But on the end its up to you guys, we only wanna help here. Cheers :)

About Blancpain Hungaroring 2018, 20 min before race start there was the sun already shinning. And after 20 min into the race, there were still some spots of wetness on brand new tarmac, so nothning special about this race really.
    Malaysia or Interlagos race tracks are way more extreme about it, there can be dry even sooner, and from far worse weather conditions - but not as fast as in ACC for sure.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    SebiTheJoker likes this.
  5. Weird. On my server started a qualificação with 10 minutes. Sun and wet track. 6 cars racing and qualify finished and the track did not dry. ended the same as it started.

6. mms

mms Alien

From a physics standpoint on top of the temperature and sun exposure two important factors for drying surfaces are the air humidity and wind speed.

But I understand that ACC is not a weather simulator ;)

7. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I just did another test, just after leaving the pits it started to rain (It is not appreciated well in the capture, although it can be seen in the lower left area)

[​IMG]

The rain continues for more than 11 minutes, a few seconds after this capture the rain ends.

[​IMG]

In just 30 seconds the track is dry, without puddles. a few meters back you can see the rain dust, from that moment there is no moisture.

[​IMG]

As a tip, to make it completely realistic the track should dry out and the puddles stay on the track for a while.

mms and SebiTheJoker like this.
  8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ah then we might have a problem here. I'll double check to see what's going on

JanR, Coanda, nfsw55 and 15 others like this.
  9. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

This is my configuration in the practice mode, I hope it helps.

[​IMG]

Aristotelis likes this.
  10. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

YES :)
    Take your time, no rush. This is an important aspect of the game indeed.

SebiTheJoker likes this.
  11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Just FYI.
    If can be some help, this was my test (2 test, same results)

12. tow

tow Racer

Wondering why all AI didn't go to pit change wet tire even the weather change to heavy rain?

SebiTheJoker likes this.
  13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Hi @Minolin
    I remember that on 0.6 you had set up a test server with some special weather combo inside.

For 2 times i've run on that server with sun, wet track, and optimal line already dried since the beginning of the session.

How can i replicate this results?
    How must i setup the weather menu? I've tried several options but noone of this was working how i wanted, I'm not able to have a dry line (or almost dry) with wet track

Thanks

PabloVND likes this.
  14. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Very interesting threat so far you can see here than finally this game goes better not just only by devs talen also by this forum and comunitty effors on testing. ;)

And maybe some options can be added to dynamic weather. I understand devs and the fact that is not always better millions of options but as a hardcore simulator in that case the more options the better.

I also wish to have more options for dry line at begining and also to optional diferent weather settings for each session, practice, qual, race (diferent days of week) and not only continuosly weekend witch already have.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Out of curiosity I tried a sprint race weekend at Paul Ricard (full grid) with these weather settings:

Dynamic weather enabled
    Variability 100%
    Cloud cover 0%
    Precipitation 0%
    Ambient temp 27°C
    Grip level Fast
    Wetness 100%
    Standing water 100%

Effectively a 'after storm in hot climate' scenario.

Result:
    - Looked great
    - There were still clouds (like in the Clear preset)
    - Very hard to keep the car on the road (and to keep up with AI, which seems to have less of an issue with puddles). Also no idea why some people say the braking distances stay the same as on a dry track...
    - The wet track never seemed to dry up over a session (2x practice/quali/race each max 15 minutes) and also no change across several sessions. Not even a hint of a dry line.

Should that be the expected result with those settings? How long would 100% wetness take to dry up in warm clear weather?

16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

From your third picture it seems like the track is still wet with no dry line, but can't spot rear water spay. Could it be that the 11 minutes rain fall wasn't enough to create puddles? How has the driving? Was you on wets or slicks?

17. Claponi

Claponi Racer

I just did a race on hungaroring online, 40 min, the track was wet and it was raining. 6 min later no more rain but the track never dry. After reading this thread I kept my slicks tire but that was a really bad idea, I got a puncture 20 min after the start still hoping for dry track :). It was night (starting 7pm -> 10:40pm), maybe cold temperature and, time multiplier x4 I believe.

18. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

the track is completely flooded, I was using dry tires.

19. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

just want to say, after few more races the weather could be the best we have in a sim so far Truly amazing kunos.

But would like a random option that muddles up all options except dynamic and maybe grip of track? (green etc) That would do it for me..
    @Aristotelis also the forecast HUD how is that relevant is it a forecast for the next 2 and 7 mins?

20. admix

admix Gamer

If you use a high time multiplier like x12 x24, because the weather will change faster, a 30-minute forecast is completely useless. The time scale of the graph adapts to be more useful according to the time multiplier