1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Great. Cannot wait.

After_Midnight and Aristotelis like this.
  2. mms

mms Alien

I think one thing that could help a lot in such discussions is if there would be some way to see the wetness levels happening in the game (in the logs or whatever), as it's really hard to estimate it from the recorded videos.

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Go set wetness and standing water to something very high (80-100%) manually, drive and then tell me that the braking distances are the exact same as in the dry...

R. Iván likes this.
  4. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Last night I was playing with the dynamic weather for the first time. Had set the time 42x.
    At the start of the session it started to rain light. Went out on slicks. Was not the same as on a green dry track but I could feel good control. There wasn't spray exiting on the back of the car. After some time it looked like the rain was going to stop when a moment later began to fall harder. Back to pit, there was no way to drive with the slicks at that conditions .

Yes I can agree that AI now is a little to fast at wet conditions. Need some fine tunning.

Is it possible to start rainning setting a very high variantion and a very low cloud level?

5. I feel like the rain driving is really starting to feel good but it's strange that I can pull lap times only 3-7 seconds slower than my dry race pace on a very wet track

6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

How wet is the track?

Light rain?
    try in storm weather and see how much off pace you are then.. and still you got to remember race cars on wet tires are made to be fast :D

PiretSS2000 and Turk like this.
  7. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

@Aristotelis -will we have later on also the option to script our own weather like for example in PC1+2?

And will we be getting also hovering ground fog? I believe in GT Sport there are some dawn or dusk settings for example on Nordschleife where they have groundfog on the track and it looks amazing.

Ah on that note while i mention details: On the main straight of Monza on the right side near the pitwalls, would be cool to have some sort of dust as this part is rarely used, so when one goes there, that we have dust thrown up :)

8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

One thing at a time guys.

R. Iván, mms, Ciccina2016 and 3 others like this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

10. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

This timelapse i found of track coditions in game, pretty detailed.

11. I could not see this still working in multiplayer mode. I've tried randomness 1 to 10.

I've done 30-minute races where the track starts wet, but with sun. 20 cars racing for 30 minutes and nothing to create the dry rail or even dry it as a whole. It is the same as the beginning of the session, that is, wet.

12. Cant remember exactly, probably medium-heavy rain. I still believe the pace is much too fast in the wet. I would usually expect to be 10+ seconds slower in these conditions surely. On a nice dry track with slicks I'm only a few seconds faster. I'm loving everything so far and its not the end of the world but I just find this a little strange and I'm just giving my feedback

13. Aristotelis

I believe the most of your "doubts" come from the fact that you can't yet understand the level of wetness of a track, which is predictable, it is a gfx after all and it's not like we have everyday experience from "levels" of a wet track.

In responce to the guys that proposed to release a wetness level, sorry this will never happen. It is part of the "adventure".

14. I like this. I've always been against real-time information that does not exist in the real world of racing.

But my point is that you said it is incredibly fast as the dry lane with sun. Never be able to see it on MP.

Could it be a bug?

R. Iván likes this.
  15. I let a friend have a go earlier tonight and the idea was to start him on a dry track and let him finish with a little bit of rain for a challenge, I think I turned the variability way too high and he ended up driving through a storm on slick tires 3 minutes into the race hahaha it was fun watching him barely keep the thing on the road. Cant wait to try this on spa and also, the ai didnt pit for wet tires in the storm, something that's still being worked on I guess but otherwise it was amazing

16. iVG

iVG Alien

Just a quick question to @Aristotelis
    I am using triple monitors and have 1060 6GB card. In order to bring up the FPS I need to turn some settings down and that is fine. My question is WHICH settings impact the visual wetness of the track the least so I can turn those down more than those which affect the visual representation of wetness. For example 'Materials' in graphics settings? I don't want to sacrifice graphical fidelity when it comes to track condition so can you please list the settings that impact that the most so I can keep them at max and sacrifice other things instead like foliage etc.

Thanks

PiretSS2000 and MsportDAN like this.
  17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Hello we get that that's cool. But how bout the most realistic option of a random ~Weather option, so we don't even know how the start is. So random will randomise everything even time, apart from track state?

Could we have that, be one step closer to actual real time weather.

18. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I love dynamic weather /track conditions..
    The only annoying this is the lack of players online playing with this feature..

19. Aristotelis

You have been asking this practically everywhere. If I'm not replying it means that I don't have a clear answer because devs are working on it and it's not yet clear what will happen :)
    I can tell you that real time weather is intentionally not intended because you can play the game all the year around and it is not normal to have the cars running at nurburgring at -15°C during December, or at 40°C and 60°C asphalt at Misano during August (well the latest would be almost possible). ;)

@iVG regarding your question about gfx settings. I do not know, I'll have to ask, but next week, as you can imagine we are extremely busy right now for the monza event, which I'm sure all of you will enjoy, even if you will not attend ;)

PabloVND and MsportDAN like this.
  20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Sorry I sort of never had an answer lol I have now and will shut up.

But please Consider

PiretSS2000 and Aristotelis like this.