1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ea, porsche and all the racing sims/games

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PAKFA, Feb 9, 2015.

1. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Am I the only one that gets a sour taste in my mouth every time I am reminded about this obnoxious deal between EA and Porsche that is going on for so long now?

There is a new article about this on ign > http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/09/ea-we-need-to-talk-about-porsche
    I agree with what the author and what he says completely and I wish there was something we could do to stop this nonsense, but I don't think we can do anything. I can't believe what a bad deal Porsche made with EA to not be able to get out of it for so many years. Such a pity.

I like RUF, but I like Porsche more, not to mention we could have dozens of cars from it's long and great history.

Do you guys want Porsche officially in AC? Do you think we will ever get to have it? How about other racing sims/games, do they have a better chance?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [RIP] Racing Club | Porsche Carrera Cup 2022 | Starting October 16th! Oct 10, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] IER Porsche 911 - Sprint Series | Fridays Feb 10, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Porsche Cup '17 - Sprint Series | Fridays [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 10, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Xplore Sim Racing Porsche Cup 2021 Jun 21, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Xplore Sim Racing Porsche Cup 2021 Jun 14, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [EU] [NA] Delta Racing League - Sunday - Porsche Cup & BMW M2 Jun 14, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Xplore Sim Racing Porsche Cup 2021 Jun 7, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room XploreSimRacing Porsche Cup May 24, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Pro League Racing - Porsche Cup Sprint Series - Season 1 Apr 15, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Porsche 991 ii GT3 R Open Road Racing livery? Aug 3, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Porsche nose to bumper racing, 3 wide in Kemmel & Blancimont Apr 6, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room OSRWcom League 15y in simracing - Blancpain GT World Endurance and Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup Jun 17, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Nicki Thiim takes the Porsche 911 cup car for a spin.. AC, Iracing and R3 Mar 1, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room NetracingEurope Porsche Racing Cup [PRC] Sep 1, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Porsche gt3 cup Iracing vs AC Jan 27, 2017

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

everyone wants porsche to be an official license, but as the saying goes the sweetest apple is the one which you are forbidden to taste(or something like that)

Its a real shame, porsche has always been my favourite and ive not been able to drive them in any sims, you would think EA would spam hundreds of porsches in their games but they only but around 4,5 in each game. Ruf has exploded in popularity as a result.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  4. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Official Porsche in AC - or really, in any sim or game that isn't EA - would be amazing. There's enough other reasons to hate EA, but for me this is THE reason. I wept for joy when they announced the Porsche DLC for Forza 4. I happily paid for the URD Darche, and feel getting the other cars with it was just a bonus.
    Good IGN article, and it's true, EA has done nothing good with the Porsche licence, not for many years. I can't understand why Porsche doesn't see the negative affect of this, and why they've allowed it to drag on. Makes me want to nuke the EA site from orbit.

5. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Yes, it's just so silly that even with the exclusive EA is making Porsche look like 2nd grade material and doesnt care much about them in their latest games. Not that I would play any of EA's recent racing games, but still it's at least very weird...

P.S. Wouldn't it be nice if some hacker group would hack all NFS related web sites and servers in protest of this unjust monopoly? :D

6. Epocx

Epocx Alien

As a child i was really into Porsche.
    Not so much anymore.
    This just cements it for me.

But i think its a good move not to overuse the porsche licence.
    Nobody wants a yearly new porsche game.

but its just stupid to make it exclusive like that.

No, and if you would imply someone to do that you are part of the crime too.

PS: just stop dwelling over things we cant change.

7. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

I didn't know it was that bad. I just thought it was really really darn expensive, but the money doesn't seem to be an issue here.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

It is strange that porsche would limit itself to one publisher, I would have thought it made much better financial sense to sell to as many companies as possible? Unless EA paid some obscene amount of money to a board of directors that didn't quite see the advantage and was still stuck with a 1998 view of gaming. I wonder what kind of time frame is on the contract? Is it a ten/five year deal? Is it being remade every year?

I'd image the only reason Porsche would stay in the deal is because they're stuck with it for now. It is hurting them being excluded from some of the most active few years for racing games in general.

St3fan, 7he4Ce, Tim Meuris and 2 others like this.
  9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

when was the last time good sim/game with porshe came out? 29 september 2006 ? not really overused indeed :)

10. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

It not used anywhere now. Maybe it was used in last NFS, but they are **** last few years anyway.

11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Exactly ...

12. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Does anyone actually know what happened with GTR2 and its Porsche (and Ferrari) licence? Did it just "expire" and then they were forced to remove it from the Steam versions? It does seem strange that they were allowed to use the licence, then *something* happened and it was no longer possible to do so. Even stranger is that I'm pretty sure both Porsche and Ferrari are still in GTL on steam...?

13. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Without a proper explanation from either EA or Porsche it simply leaves us to speculate.

And going off EA's 'screw the gamers, make me more cash' ethos my thoughts are that they simply hold on to the licence because they can.

Thank goodness pc simmers can rely on the mod community and RUF loophole even though it shouldn't need to be the case.

14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/09/ea-we-need-to-talk-about-porsche

Thats a good article. There's a lot of discussion about this situation on line, this has some hard facts.

It's not as if EA has a Forza, GT, PCars, AC competing racing game/sim on PC and console, mostly now they're just sitting on the licence....

It really surprises me that Porsche is happy with this situation and let's it go on.

Epocx likes this.
  15. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Hey Mog, that article is the same as the one from my OP. :p

Mogster likes this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yeah, my "that's a good article" was directed to you :)

PAKFA likes this.
  17. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I made it in bold, so it's easier to see now.

18. kosh

kosh Racer

Old PPL drive Porsches

Here in Germany Porsche not a sportscar-maker anymore.
    It stands for SUVs (Macan, Chantale) and the Panamera or luxeroury sportly shaped cars (911, boxter, ect).

19. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

Of course old people drive Porsches.... you have to work for a long time to be able to afford one!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

20. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

Nowadays, I want a Ruf more than a Porsche these days after playing around with Ruf cars in numerous games. Porsche is largely forgotten for me as their presence in games is very lacking these days other than a handful of cars in Rivals and dozens of them in a ****ty mobile racing game where you drive a 919 LMP1 in a quarter mile drag on Le Mans.

What a waste of a fantastic license with a strong racing pedigree and road cars line up.

snyperal, Tim Meuris and Mogster like this.
  21. Mogster

Mogster Alien

RUFs are nice but as there aren't any racing RUFs in reality (AFAIK) then the brand is quite limited compared to Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo etc.