1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Early Access 0.5 - Great new car and track, and a bit of maintenance

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Well I have no complaints other than..., well, you know. Early access means early access.

btw bumper camera view for when Aris?

2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The Jag seems to stand out with FFB, we can agree on that. Lambo differences were minor and maybe even something I did with my PC tweaking endeavours.

Haven't tried any other car yet. Performance on the new track seems good as shown in my previous post.

So new track and car --> good work!

3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Ah, sorry, your previous link showed a notebook.

I´ll try to test some various conditions later and report back.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Forza Horizon is the only game I ever got a refund on, it was so bad on release for PC and to top it off it drove like absolute poo with a good wheel setup. I heard it got better but the release of that was unplayable for me on a 1080sli setup and 8700k @5ghz, It was something like $120 boring and the most un optimized POS I ran til then. I never even refunded any Project cars game and Ian Bell personally gave me a perma ban from the forum officialy listed as no reason given, time ban expires, never lol.

That is a game I tried to like PC1 but though it ran fine on my setup, looked pretty good it drove like poo, mp was a complete joke, the content was so hit and miss. I then bought PC2 after saying I would never touch SMS stuff but I thought it has to be better. Well it was better then PC1 but still fell short of the hype they claimed pre release for PC1, The driving model was horrible and the ratings were useless so mp was useless.

I have all other released driving games/sims but never touching t10 or SMS code again, tried the Forza demo and uninstalled after about 10 minutes. It ran ok buta driving game/sim is meant to be fun to drive, I think the closest any t10 devs have come to driving a real car is as a passenger in an Uber.

AC for me, even lacking some features, drove great and with minorating in use MP was good fun. Once MR got shut down I have barely touched it as I only race online and outside of league races I wouldn't bother with MP in AC any more. ACC mp for me is barely worth using but the driving model, physics and ffb are so good its still the sim I will load most often if I want a drive. With minolin in charge as a dev I have solid hope for pickup MP racing even if its got a fair way to gofrom where its at. I did get Netkar pro ages ago, but back then it didn't capture me enough to get away from ISI and simbin titles. Now Simbin is non existent RRE free to play is far from that lol, costs more then any other game plus all DLC's and last I ran it it drove worse then old simbin titles.

RF2 died for me around the time AC came to existence, for years it was far from what youd call solid released software. Mostly half finished with no good official content. Its got better but just doesn't maintain my interest, Reize stuff drives great way beyond ISI on the same engine. The overall game engine is just rather dated and with other choices around even if its my number 2 option currently I don't run it too much. Iracing great MP experience, much like RRE in purschase model and back in the day the physics weren't enough to hook me into their system. Now really not much interest to go back, before ACC I think Iracing clearly had the best track models, shame about the physics which supposedly have improved a fair bit but years post release were not great.

So comparing these to ACC which I would gladly just run laps solo in hot stints, hotlaps or even AI races (I am not a huge fan of AI racing in general) but for me driving model is key. ACC has this IMHO beyond anything else currently available, great weather, great tracks and cars. GT3 again not my go to option in other games/sims with more variety but in ACC id rather drive these then other classes in other titles. I can wait for MP even if it means I don't sim too much currently due to its current level.

Its clear many have very different views to me, that's fine but honestly I don't bother posting in any other forums these days of titles I don't care for enough to bother posting. SMS that option was made for me but its no loss for me lol, all I posted there was quoting Ian Bell saying why they wont release a demo the day after they release a demo. :p

5. XChoke

XChoke Rookie

Interesting, do you have a link to his solution or idea?

6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Here

I've wondered if the reason AC doesn't suffer from this is due to the way the main menu and sim are separate programs. If the controllers are assigned when the main menu is started, but VR isn't until the sim is launched then there's no conflict?

7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

The more I drive R5 the worst it seems to get and feel, the cars seem to understeer alot now, tyres feel like they have been replaced by 4 slugs and tend to roll and and slide round corners, the worst being with the Ferrari and the Jag, the FFB seems numb and doesn't have any feel from the them and what they are doing, curb grabbing is bad, the 1st chicane at Zolder feels like you hit a brick wall if you try to use some of it, and then when you go over the hill the FFB tends to grind all the way over it..I did say previously that the mirror quality seemed like it had improved, but the more I look at it you can see it hasn't, It's just aload of over sized pixels from the 80's..

earlyapex likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Oh I forgot to mention in my previous posts that I appreciate the mirror improvements. It still looks grainy but way better than before. And did the mirror FOV change?!?

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Whats the mirror FOV change?!?

10. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I wanted to give my point of view about the game at the moment, I have been adjusting the graphical section and the FPS do not usually go down from 80-90 in any condition with a 1080p monitor. "Rolling alone"
    With RV it is impossible to play, I do not get the necessary FPS and the image is very blurry.

The physics of the vehicle seem very realistic, more hardcore than AC1, each car is different and they all feel good, the inertia of the car seems to me a great advance over AC1 although
    the suspensions are still a very weak point.

The sounds are a great advance over AC1, much more worked.

The FFB does not manage to convince me at all, I can feel the necessary information but I perceive a poorer signal than in AC1.

The night seems a great challenge, I find it difficult to find the references and it is necessary to pay full attention. The rain is very fun using an aggressive setup, it is a joy to see those puddles and rivers that form on the track and how these affect the grip of the tire. I can not wait to try the transition between dry and wet.

on the graphic section I see that it has great potential but there is a lot to improve, I am convinced that we will see a great improvement in future updates.

The online does not exist, I fully understand that they have decided to start from scratch something that does not work, I hope it will be the benchmark of online racing.

Finally, I want to congratulate Kunos Simulazioni for his great work and for the work that is to come.

Thug likes this.
  11. coops

coops Gamer

My suggestion to developers would be to have a min spec with in game settings to get you 60fps on a single screen
    same with VR to get 90fps.
    min specs by its self does not help you without in game settings to get the FPS and smoothness to play the sim.

TheBoss likes this.
  12. Nupss

Nupss Rookie

I'm not sure if they've changed anything to their official server backends, but I just had a couple of hours of genuine multiplayer fun tonight. The timings were working a lot better, albeit still flawed here and there. But race position was more or less accurate, the race starts were a lot more organized than previously, pit stop including refueling and tyre change worked and animated flawlessly and no fatal errors for ~4 races. This game has so much potential, I hope tonight wasn't a one-off.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  13. Leclettico

Leclettico Gamer

But when all of you make those example for what is wrong in FFB, did you drive over the hill off Zolder to say that?
    I don't know why all of you are so convinced by what it should be correct.
    I spent an afternoon to set up correctly the FFB, and now it seems realistic (not real, because I simply don't know how a GT3 handling is, like the 98% of us).

Epistolarius and luxxx797 like this.
  14. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

is plenty of GT3 drivers here.....which perhaps have never actually driven a real car and do not even have a driver's license

15. trutya

trutya Simracer

i asked Romain Monti on his youtube channel about the real Lambo and the in-game Lambo, how real it is... guess if he did answer or not? ;)

16. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

are you putting yourself in front of a mirror as you speak?

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Too many channels to announce updates and changelogs, but 1 main Page was forgotten:

Main Page

ACC.JPG

While Twitter and Facebook etc. are up to date:

Facebook

2.JPG

Twitter

3.JPG

18. Words by the Antichrist of Pirelli's tire engineers :confused:
    [​IMG]

chksix, luxxx797, Raklödder and 2 others like this.
  19. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

^Yes, so what. Pirelli tyres are the Devil, everybody knows this.

And the correct way to express that, is "Says the Antichrist (just lol) of Pirelli's..blah blah"; not "words by etc". So you'd be better off learning some grammar first, unless you plan to keep making fun of yourself, in which case I'm all for it bro.

20. It's just a poor move by you to act like that in case you're out of arguments or got triggered.
    And I'm far away of a "bro" for you.