1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Early Access 0.5 - Great new car and track, and a bit of maintenance

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Thanks for the update, as someone who understands development processes and has something called patience I can only say "don't rush it, do what's best". ACC will come good over time whether that's at v1.0 or further down the road, just because certain features may not be here right now or at v1.0 it is NOT the end of the world, these things happen and Kudos to Kunos for taking the direction they took in a rewrite. Remember that for every person that doesn't understand and Rants about it there's a thousand people who are happy to just play ACC and get on with their lives!

But of course this is a Sim racing Forum and "everyone" is an expert, so on that note: NO MOUSE IN VR - NO BUY* :D

(*ignoring the fact I've bought it of course...)

2. pRojectop

pRojectop Gamer

Please! Can u put password feature for the servers? Please fix it :)

Echo_ likes this.
  3. edcoronag

edcoronag Gamer

Disappointment is certain, not in the way that ACC itself is ruined or a bad product, but as when a kid is expecting a gift on Christmas and there's no money to buy it right that day. :(

Things happen, it's not easy to develop software and I believe the decisions Kunos made are for the best. Setting such monthly deadlines is crazy.

Delayed gratification! Let's be patient, and get the best they can deliver instead of a rushed product that can't stand on its feet in the future. :)

Keep the good work, guys!

chksix, sissydriver, Son and 2 others like this.
  4. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Seriously dude, that is low. If you wish to complain to vent your frustration over the delay, do so like the rest.

But please don't insinuate that Kunos is taking money and not delivering. They promised a discounted price until Release 5, and have kept that promise. Those of us who bought this title for a steal in Rel1 are still getting the full title for no extra charge.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

5. M96

M96 Racer

This is what I mean with criticism = hater. It's not that I am stupid, actually I know what developing something means, this doesn't mean (at least in my opinion) that I can't express my disappointment in a polite manner without being labelled as "someone that does not understand"
    Obviously it is not the end of the world but as a paying customer I feel entitled to share my view on the matter, as long as it is done in a polite manner.
    Especially I'd like to know if we will be getting these multiplayer features as soon as they will be ready or just on planned release dates, as in the latter case that's the biggest disappointment, along with late communication (it would have been nice to know about this earlier)

Edit. Regarding Pulley's post
    Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

br444m likes this.
  6. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Good decision, late communication, KS, but I´m quite contentedly looking forward to next iterations of the game and it´s code .

P.s.: I just had a tremendous de-ja vu and was about to ask if this was AC early access :)

7. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Yeah this is a pity, and I wonder what the "value proposition" of ACC at release is if it has no "enhanced MP" at that time. The only thing it has now is pretty graphics for a few people with high end hardware (including myself here....).

Still the competition is rf2 getting their UI/multiplayer act together and that's not happening for a while either probably.

8. fabT

fabT Alien

You may want to read it again ...

Anyway, no doubt i am disappointed the 3rd MP supporting build actually fails to support even stable MP.
    The product is partially broken and partly off the planned roadmap.

Anyway, as a customer i mainly regret the fact no effort was made within v0.5 to mitigate at least some of the current MP issues.
    The changelog speaks for itself.

Is that a disaster ? Not really.
    Sh*t happens, in software development.

So what i'd exactly ask as a simple customer today ( and ultimately boils down to costructive criticism ) ?

1) Some clear ETA for a STABLE ( disregard enhanced ) MP, officially replacing the unfulfilled timeline
    in roadmap.
    2) Some short term patch / fixes for SOME of the MP issues that since build 3 ( many weeks already) plague the game. This while the rewrite goes on. It means giving a nice signal to existing customers. The better feedback you get from them, the farther you go ...

No ETA + no fixes is something i would personally blame.

It's just my opinion, not being a hater nor a fanboy i tend praising the game for what it fulfils and blaming it for what it doesn't.
    I think both praising and blaming may help.

My two cents.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    br444m and Son like this.
  9. Wow. Those decision to rewrite netcode i really like it. Really brave :)

And plspls pls change the multiplayer interface. Make it as simple as possible. You know big pictures 1st options last :)

10. mms

mms Alien

I have the impression that you're overreacting a 'bit'. I've read again this thread and didn't find anyone calling you a hater, or someone who "does not understand". Even more, I didn't see anyone telling you not to share your frustration.

As for the development process, I'm in that for 20 years now, and too often I saw dev teams patching up/duck-taping software instead of going for the right solution (which in most cases involves re-writing/refactoring a big chunk of the code). Unfortunately in most cases duck-taping code works like a boomerang, it will come back and hit you hard when you least expect it. The reason those teams usually did that was exactly because they were afraid of the customer's reactions (as it usually means delays), but in the long term was even worse, the more you patch up the code, the more it will take to rewrite it, also with more chances that it will cause other things to brake.

Considering that, I can only praise the move Kunos did, do things the right way, even if it takes longer initially.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not happy to see the MP delayed, but that is compensated knowing that they take the right way to do it. Sometimes it takes the balls to stand up to your customers and admit that you didn't foresee something, but it's always better than trying to hide it and come up with a half-baked solution.

11. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Just asking, so it'll be useless to keep posting the multiplayer crashes from now on since it's being rewritten? I posted a lot of reports and basically play the game a few hours per release waiting for MP to work as intended, so i guess i'll be back to waiting next release after playing a bit with zolder.

I'm honestly unhappy with this. I mean it's more than positive that the code is being rewritten, but i wished at least a minor patch to allow people to make a few laps online without a crash for each and all sessions. Just something minor to keep people busy for the big rewrite that will come.

Also there's no word on the miriad of 3d engine crashes people were having.. Are those fixed? I posted a lot of those too...

br444m likes this.
  12. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I never said my post was directed at you...!

13. Naer

Naer Gamer

Thanks for the heads up @Minolin, really appreciated. At this point I think we deserve a new post about what advanced multiplayer means. Just like the ones for ratings, tyres, aero,... What features can we expect and how it will work, things like that.

I hope we can get at least that

warth0g likes this.
  14. M96

M96 Racer

It looked like, if that's not the case sorry!
    Regarding mms, well that's what Pulley said, but it seems like it wasn't towards me so never mind

15. mms

mms Alien

I've read it a few times before posting, and nothing matched my definition of 'constructive criticism', so I was just curious to see what you were referring to. In case you took my post offensive, it wasn't intended...

The issue with the ETA is exactly the same as what people complain right now: if they cannot make it, people will complain again...

As for short term patching, this would take away resources from doing things the right way, and in the end they might not even work correctly. It would be nice if they could do it, but as a software dev I hate doing patch-up work especially when I know it's only for a short time...

Freddie Seng, Typer and jaxx_za like this.
  16. rpm

rpm Racer

By choosing to rewrite MP you probably saved ACC. The previous experience was not good. Cars rotating with straight noses etc.

It seems to be working now though, wow. Well done.

Looking forward to even more improvements.

17. fabT

fabT Alien

Here i'm just politely expressing my disappointment and giving a couple advices, for what's worth.

By the way, i'm in software development as well by about 20 years and to be fair that's not much relevant here.
    The only thing i may add is what you call duck-taping may be a "boomerang" or not depending by the outcome, but usually is the very bare minimum a customer would ask for.

As i said that's my humble opinion and i think my point should be clear already, so i won't further derail this thread.

Anyway, nothing personal with you.
    Anybody is entitled to his own opinion.

br444m likes this.
  18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I'm glad you guys didn't release enhanced multiplayer yet, in the sense that it would have meant you'd continue on the wrong path. I don't care if the release date of the game will be pushed back, although I hope multiplayer will work fine as soon as possible.
    But I'd rather see you guys take your time to develop this game in order for the end product to be great.

It seems too many people consider this a game already, forgetting that in fact it's still in early access.

jaxx_za likes this.
  19. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

So... After my initial disappointment, I believe that the biggest problem here was the lack of communication. We were all expecting a MP with some new features and some fixes issues.

In my opinion you should have told us a week ago about the problems you guys are having, and not to expect anything in the MP side... You can even modify your roadmap and adjust it to your new developtment status.... But please we ask communication.

We want a game that works perfectly, and we understand that to achieve that, you might have issues during development... we just dont want to have the hype of a new update to find out that there is nothing new on the MP side... ( And that is what most of us are waiting for)

Please tell us things in advance, thats all I ask.

▣ HiTzz, trutya, R. Iván and 9 others like this.
  20. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I agree that a statement letting us know at least a few days before about the fact we wouldn't be getting MP enhanced. I too am disappointed, but glad that you have chosen to rework all of MP. I am very happy with the Jaguar and Zolder, as they came as I was expecting them to. Hope the MP rewrite goes well.