1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Early Access 0.5 - Great new car and track, and a bit of maintenance

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

It does look like a step backwards from AC at the moment (lack of anti-aliasing, blurry shadows & textures and aggressive lods),

but they did nail all of the post-processing and colors, which makes the game look photorealistic - not to mention the cars and tracks themselves being as close to real life as it gets. ❤️

However I'm just worried that there's not enough time to fix all of the mentioned issues before the final release and more issues seem to popup as we go forward;

nerfed headlights, rotating shadows and same old crashes, or perhaps those optimizations will be included with the "rewrite" and 2019 update?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Horizon 3 and 4, F1 2018, Project Cars 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Battlefield 1. Just a few examples.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think ACC looks good. But it also looks very unpolished and I don't expect the performance to do a 180º turn on launch and suddenly starts to run smooth since we are so close to the release, hope I'm wrong though.

3. Carla

Carla Rookie

Ya, money is an issue these days, especially with the GPU/Ram/MB. It used to be fun to upgrade for next gen games, and having bleeding edge hardware, but I have held off since the bitcoin mining put the prices of gpu's in the stratosphere. Mind you, memory, ssd's, hard drives are coming down in price significantly.

Hopefully the competition between Intel, AMD, Nvidia bring the prices down a bit, but that's PC gaming though unfortunately.

TheBoss likes this.
  4. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

Project CARS 2, F1 and Forza Motorsport 7 look worse than ACC imo.

5. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

While I was sceptical regarding the graphics in the beginning, I really enjoy them now. In my test of release 5 I drove on Nürburgring GP at 16:00 and driving past the tribunes and the pit building looked spot on!

And my PC is mid range, still powering a 4k screen (with some screen scaling for sure, but still).

There´s allways the option to turn down settings. Progress comes at a price.

sissydriver likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I don't understand. The fact that we're close to the original release date mainly means that this release date will not be met. The end of development isn't determined by this day but by the product's quality. Seeing that Kunos just made some steps backwards for better quality should be indication enough that Kunos will - again - provide a good product. That includes performance optimization IMO.

Ischemica, Jebus, mms and 3 others like this.
  7. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

While waiting for new small maj come graft and contribute to make us appreciate this game more and more,
    he will become a hyper-addictive reference.
    thanks to the whole team
    :);):);):);):)

ps:I will return

sissydriver likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not a single driving sim or early access title in that list. ;)

[​IMG]

9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I should have been more specific. I was asking about racing simulators. Comparing games of different genres in terms of performance is pointless. And no, Forza is not a simulator, before you ask. And PCars2... Well, I won't open that can of worms :)

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

10. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Yes, yes, like almost all games in this new era, "release first, fix later". I do think it will be optimized after release, but that doesn't mean they should not get some negative feedback about it.

It's not pointless, it all goes down to optimization. You have World of Warcraft, an old game that is supposed to be easy to run, with terrible performance due to bad optimization, while current MMO's handle stress situations much better while offering better graphics and systems. Forza Horizon 3 also ran like crap when it released, after an optimization patch the game literally went from barely keeping 30~50 fps in 1080 to stable 4k60fps.

Yes yes, sim this sim that, you can use whatever excuse you want, that won't make the problem go away.

11. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

People want ultra detailed physics, in an ultra detailed environment, with realistic lighting, rain effects and lots of cars on track, and all that with 144 frames per second. I am sorry but no optimization will make that possible.

But I'm sure optimizations will come in due time. In fact they said optimizations are delivered on each release.

12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

As much as I am happy that they are rewriting the MP code, I am a bit worried about the whole Early Access of ACC. Back in March 2018 there was a discussion on this forum and my suggestion was not to focus too much on a complex rating system, but instead look at SRS and provide some compelling racing. I find it scary that an e-sports multiplayer single series racing game has broken multiplayer and for so long. Good and fun multiplayer racing should be the priority number 1, and so far there is absolutely zero of it. Rain, night, a ton of different ratings, graphics, etc.. that's not what matters.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    GamerMuscle, ohjeah, Echo_29 and 2 others like this.
  13. Thank you for the update, unfortunately a lot people want far too much for their money, personally I think you guys have made a fantastic job so far keep up the great work I love this sim and the content offered so far. Looking forward to further updates when ever they come.

14. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Entirely different genres might not be particularly relevant, but I don't see why 'arcade' racers shouldn't be. Graphics are completely independent of physics, so the style of driving makes no difference.

While I think it's reasonable to use other titles as examples of what's theoretically possible with current hardware, it's unfair to compare with ACC for one very significant reason: $$$$.

15. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Havent really droven the Jaguar to its full extent, but I really do like Zolder. I know its a respected track in its own right, but it reminds me a bit of Zandvoort and a bit of the old Mosport track. I find it a joy to drive. So far the Bentley is still my favourite...

Carla likes this.
  16. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I have a core i-7 6700 @3.40ghz
    16GB RAM
    1080GFX 16GB

and honestly i'm very usatisfied with how the game is running. Even at 1440p resolution it basically never manages to stay locked at 60fps in all conditions. Is my coputer 7 years old too?

Honestly i do not know about F1 and Forza, but PCars2 has far far better graphics and framerate stability.

17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

and what is your message? what do you want to say?

18. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

To you nothing, i was replying another user.

19. Enton

Enton Rookie

It is just me whom are miss the VR world scale options?

20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

That's funny. I feel the complete opposite. I've been simracing since the time of Grand Prix the first from Microprose and never had before the feeling like I am driving a real car so much, and I had tryed almost every sim titles.