1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Early access Steam keys from resellers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mark Turner, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Mark Turner

Mark Turner Rookie

There's a key reseller call "gamekeys4all" selling early access Steam keys for £18.74. That's over £10 less than buying direct through Steam.

My question is are these keys a legitimate source for buying access to the game for UK Steam accounts?

I find it unusual for a game that's basically in beta being discounted before it's official release.

Clarification from the developers would be nice.

Thanks.

2. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

If it is legit.??

All you would be doing by using a service such as that(could be wrong here), is take away(possibly much needed - think more official licences) revenue from Kunos.

Maybe a PM to an admin would've been more appropriate in this case.

ps. notice the parts in ( ).:)

3. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Am interested to hear devs take on this. If it is legit I don't see how it's taking revenue away from Kunos?

paulieGTR likes this.
  4. Mark Turner

Mark Turner Rookie

That might not be the case depending on the cut Steam take per game sold through Steam directly. It also depends on how much the developers make from the key reseller, if indeed they are legitimate.

I think the keys are from a region outside the EU, maybe Russian or Indian where games are much cheaper.

Until we get an answer directly from the developers then it's hard to say.

I suppose buying keys directly from the developers would support them the most, if it's possible to do so.

paulieGTR likes this.
  5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ok, officially we now nothing about it.

As far as I personally know, steam makes different prices for different markets, depending on their average income. Now I think those websites, get them at a low price from those markets and somehow sell the codes as no region codes with extra gain for them. Practically black market... no idea how they do it.

Bottom end, both developer and steam lose money from them

paulieGTR likes this.
  6. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

99% of the times are russian... laws are let's say... soft...

paulieGTR likes this.
  7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

so would these codes work? or would they be cut off or disabled.?

dont worry i bought mine through steam :)

8. Ben Bowles

Ben Bowles Gamer

i got mine from a reseller site as thought it was legitimate

i am being honest here as prefer to be. Am i at risk of losing my full game entitlement for an honest mistake?

thanks

Ben

9. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yep... like i suspected in my 1st reply, Kunos lose.
    And while these other so called resellers of games/keys call them whatever you want do this,
    it is this very action... that can kill a developers spirit.

Soooo... if kunos release a physical disc.??
    I'll buy it knowing that not only do i get a "physical disc" but also, if i've(one user) paid twice...
    at least kunos get some sort of compensation for others that(theoretically at some point) could get it for free.

pls don't take offence... i'm just thinking down the line at the(maggots/leeches), let's hope not the innevitable.
    I hope you understand my way of thinking guys.

10. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I don't think we or Steam can do something about it, otherwise it would have been done a long time ago

11. Ben Bowles

Ben Bowles Gamer

no offense taken at all, can see your point

i just used there live chat system and the guy confirmed it was a legit EU key.....so i dont know where i stand but do feel a tad guilty

paulieGTR likes this.
  12. Ben Bowles

Ben Bowles Gamer

it does suck that it is like that. i normally avoid russian key sites like the plague but as i thought this was a BETA format game, the keys would be widely available in order to gain following so took it as gospel they were dev supported sales

Foolish i guess but i will purchase any DLC etc from steam to directly support going forward for sure.....lesson learned

paulieGTR likes this.
  13. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Hey Ben.:)

Don't feel guilty... it's just one you put down to experience and keep it with you for future reference mafrien'.

What i posted in no way was aimed at you(you were not to know) or the others that may have been caught out by these people.

As said... one for the future mafrien'.:)

ps. thanx for seeing my pov.

Ben Bowles likes this.
  14. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Maybe someone could remove the 1st line(reference) of the OP.;)