1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

ACC Blog ECU maps implementation

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Aristotelis, Jan 16, 2019.

1. corey.rogers

corey.rogers Gamer

Hi, great work on ACC. Can we get an update on this thread for the Nissans?

Thanks.

Kopiller, Mydriaz and PiretSS2000 like this.
  2. FramedOne

FramedOne Rookie

The same request here: what are the wet ecu maps for the GTR?

The wet race we did at Monza with 24h simulation might be the best thing ever. 0.6 has made a world of difference.

MathMilitary likes this.
  3. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Rookie

Not sure why, but it looks like running out of fuel in the end of a reace is becoming a habbit for me recently.
    The time to calculate the amount of fuel is also sometimes short and I had quite often the situation where everybody is already starting and I am still in the setup screen doing the math.
    However, usually when I realize that I am not gonna make it, it is already to late but nevertheless I am trying to fiddle around with the ECU mapping.

As this is not equal for all cars, I thought it might be good to have some sort of printed quick reference.
    For those who find this also helpful please feel free to use it.

Attached Files:

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

@Aristotelis could you please update first post with the nissan's ECU maps? Also.. i know they are probablly similar hut would be nice to know

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Updated Nissans, sorry for the delay... very VERY busy days.

Madsen, Dookie, chksix and 4 others like this.
  6. Did some testing and seems that ECU map setting has very little effect on fuel consumption. Much better results by changing driving style :)

7. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Rookie

Nissan got added to the quick reference.

Attached Files:

8. Nox

Nox Gamer

@Aristotelis Will the ECU maps be displayed graphically in the setup menu in the future, as ABS and TC?

l.g Nox

9. corey.rogers

corey.rogers Gamer

Thanks

10. No wet maps for the gtr?

11. Agentep97

Agentep97 Rookie

That's awesome!

12. Madsen

Madsen Simracer

I would use ECU Map 3 - 4 in the rain for the Nissan

13. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

so today I played a little bit with ECU map on a 30 minutes MP race at Nurburgring (dry conditions )
    I used std setup which comes with 60 Ltrs.
    Not knowing if I could finish the race I started with engine map 3 from the back of the grid.
    During the race I switched to 2 in order to get closer to cars in front of me and then map 1 when there where 5 minutes left.

I am questioning if what I did makes sense or is the better setting map 1 and put 10 litres more on the car.
    Despite being correct or not, it was quite immersive playing with the ecu mapping.

Maybe it does not make any sense in a short race like 30 minutes.

what are your thoughts?

I would imagine also that the engineer suggests the pilot which map to use depending on the race scenario or are them on their own?

PiretSS2000 and fnegroni like this.
  14. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Unless we get a engineer that covers all of this, I think that your approach is good enough. Need to save fuel? Lower ECU map of the dry/wet depending on conditions. Trying to do normal race pace? Map 2 or maybe 3 if the car has a lot of maps. Want to overtake or put a gap behind you? Map 1 all the way.

15. trutya

trutya Simracer

i guess in sprint races (no refuelling) it's adviced to put more fuel onboard and use map 1, in endurance races you can spare fuel with lower mappings when you are stuck behind slower cars, (or if you have enough gap to the car behind you) and you can gain the position in the pitlane with shorter refuelling