1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Emotional intellect of simracer/gamer and effects for community

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mantasisg 2, Apr 8, 2018.

1. My emotional intellect fluctuates with the amount of Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon I've had before and after dinner...Weekends are a crapshoot, and depends on what my responsibilities are for that day. I can almost gauge what my mood was while looking at some of my posts or interactions via internet lol. This sim racing forum "chit chat" in the last 3 years is a new thing for me, and has allowed me to get in touch with my manchild self, and do some philosophical purging at the same time. At the end of the day, not much of this matters when I'm not sitting here or looking at my phone while waiting for the ferry etc., because life is a whole other bag of beans if I want to keep up this facade called "my life".

That said, I can't wait to ***** about this or that again, and reminisce about the "old days" while I'm waiting to die....;)

2. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Nothing wrong with Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon ;)

Deleted member 113167 likes this.
  3. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I wish some would understand some of my mood, but still don't get it. :D

4. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

What's with the "not even IMO", are you saying that what you say is fact and cannot be disputed? I presume that I must be misunderstanding, or you are just joking?

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Alcohol would explain "the guide" at least. :D

[​IMG]

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yes it is a bit of a joke with "not even IMO", but when I wrote it, I was really trying to say that I think it just really IS so, that being said we could probably attach "IMO" in nearly every sentence we say, sometimes it gets a bit stupid. Also when you say "IMO" it is like lets not argue, I might be not right, you know... and when you strictly claim something, then it means it is to be agreed or opposed.

In OP I said:
    "...the occasions when someone is arguing and disagree about something post a bit of rant or so (which is really good, not even "IMO").." Means that arguing IS good. Of course you can argue about that with me :D
    "...social aspect of people lives shifting into virtual world with all those stupid (not even IMO) instagrams, selfies, please followlikeandshare and so on..." Means that those mentioned things ARE stupid, and that there IS a social shift towards virtuality. Of course you can argue about that with me.

I could be IMO which means I sorta agree with different opinion.

Thats just silly nitpicking of how we communicate in forums :D

7. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

"Many times it may seem that some members are taking next to no effort to pick their words carefully, or shape their expressions efficiently by saying what they want without inflicting unnecessary trouble and damage"

Then you just state that people who do certain things are stupid, which I find a bit ironic. Well, a lot ironic, really.

Jebus likes this.
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Well I am not perfect either...

But I haven't said that those people are stupid, but those things they do are stupid to do. Though some of them are stupid IMO (now I said it, and with mighty "IMO" :D), it is horrible to say I agree. Some are far from stupid. Thats completely accurate to say, because thats just how people are, stupid and clever also :D

9. IMO what even is this thread about.

10. You probably need a certain degree of emotional intellect to understand it ;)

11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

That is actually true even if you tried to make joke out of it ^^^

It is not difficult to see that there are issues with apathy and self-centering in many gamers/simracers heads. it is not only aging of the games which results in lesser community qualities.

12. I think you mean people.

And considering these past couple days, I think YOU have a problem with hallucinating unhealthy amounts of apathy and what not around you. Chill out.

Jebus and nate like this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Intelligence is a thing no one can define exactly.
    Some say it’s what the iq test measures. :D

Some brake it down to 4 sub qualities:
    Cognitive intelligence
    Senso-motoric intelligence
    Emotional intelligence
    Social intelligence

As stated b4, in an information reduced environment like online forums are, you cannot judge emotional intelligence because of lack of cognitive inputs given!

Point 1 and 4 is what can be measured here. And I think the community is not that bad at those. Otherwise these forums would have closed down long ago.

Fabri Fibra likes this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Hallucinating is a way to harsh word here.
    Reading to much into short statements fits it better.

15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

William can always "solve" everything with a short sentence, he is kool guy :D

Yes in the past few days I have put too much energy in this community thing which was regarding DRM mod and modding in general, was a mistake probably, especially when so many people didn't got straight what i was trying to say, and those were simple things. Having it described as hallucinations and apathy....

If thats how community interprets my inputs, then I should never bother again.

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Come on, your inputs are always welcome.
    But think social intelligence, forming groups of interest and keep them together.
    A deviant opinion should not break a mutual interest.
    That’s the hard thing about discussions.
    But remember, we are all (still, and nonetheless) here!
    I think that’s a good sign.

17. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

70 to 80% of communication is non-verbal, so imagine text only. People on the interwebs just tend to pick apart every detail of a sentence in the forums. The YT comment section is worse. I've been working with numbers in AC for years and it's exhausting to double check everything. That's were the "emotional intellect" of the reader comes in to understand when mistakes happen.

I think this thread is cathartic.

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I don’t think I completely understand your train of thought, but I think if you refer to the hard work done (DRM Team is included here regardless the outcome) appreciated or not, this to you is called emotional intelligence ( I will abbreviate from now on, as EI or SI).
    But EI is in the now and here, not in hindsight. That’s SE.
    And before anyone jumps on that, saying that subjective pointing out of personally felt flaws, is against SE, I must say no. If it were, no one would even spend one word here, just had left the community.
    We have a mutual interest here, and that clearly shows.

19. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

I was also about to reply with that one word. The anonymity of online forums is what unleashes the Id in most people. Consequence has a huge part in shaping behavior. Remove the consequences and you often see a much different side of people. Want to see what the world would be like without laws and religion, just look online.

Edit: I get that religion can also be problematic. But, throughout history, more so in the past than today, it's credited with helping maintain order before we had an actual enforceable legal system.

20. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

I was not refering to the DRM mod team. I haven't tried the cars and do not follow that topic.

Religion? The most destructive and mind poisoning force for the last 3000+ years? People in Europe from 1200 to 1800 had a legal system - it was called the inquisition. Morality and societal consequences do not come from religion, but from secular and reasonable thought. I suggest reading Sam Harris on that topic.