1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Empty Box on ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I never felt like he was a big fan of AC, so I expected him to be a bit harsh on ACC, but I think he couldn't sum it up better.
    Rain is awesome, the game has a really good foundation to build on if all that needs to be done is done, and the AI is still one of the game's biggest weaknesses.

Andrew_WOT and mister dog like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Empty box on assetto corsa Aug 31, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Empty Ferrari Esports Folders Messing up Brand page Mar 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions empty competition server Jun 7, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game allows me to create skins with an empty team name [exercise self-control] Apr 17, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues "Select an available car" IS EMPTY Oct 19, 2021
    ACC User Interface Empty leaderboards in singleplayer championships Jul 12, 2021
    ACC Physics (SOLVED) Motec log file empty (was, most of it still is though) Apr 4, 2021
    ACC Gameplay AI stuck on track due to empty tank in free practice Feb 19, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions WHERE are you? Server are EMPTY! Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [USA-WA] Servers listed are all empty Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Prevent Empty Server session restart May 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Empty Tracks for pre-season testing / time of day adjustments in minutes May 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer server log "playerId" is empty Nov 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Is it possible to set a server not auto reset when empty? Aug 27, 2019
    ACC User Interface Driver Entry List Empty in MP Car Selection Jul 22, 2019

3. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

As much as I appreciate you for sharing the video, I don't need a 3rd party to tell me what to think about the game.

4. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

For someone who clearly doesn't appreciate other people's opinions, you're sure not shy about voicing your own.

5. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

I find it odd that people like him don't understand why the EA has such little content. If they gave us a lot of content now, more people would buy the EA, and then less people would be buying the final release at full price. But more importantly, more content means a bigger range of playing options, and then they'd less people doing certain things. This focuses what people are testing. Give them a lot of content, they'll treat it like a full release game, just on sale. The limited content in EA is not a shortfall. How can it be? They don't owe anyone anything...LOL

Quffy, Fanapryde, Ace Pumpkin and 3 others like this.
  6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I think he fully understands the limited content. IIRC he just said that at the moment we're limited on what we can do on the game, and I don't think anyone disagrees with that. If we had an actually good AI, for example, we'd have a lot more to do in the game without even adding any features.

aotto1977 likes this.
  7. kikie

kikie Simracer

I don't get it that he complains about EA. He was disappointed, he find it strange that there is only one car and one track for the moment. He doesn't seem to get it that EA is released as a way of finding bugs, issues etc ... . Am I the only one that is happy with the EA and the way Kunos is going about it?

jaxx_za and Epistolarius like this.
  8. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Only one solution then.

[​IMG]

9. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

I am pretty sure that was irony.

kikie likes this.
  10. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

This is my point, man. EA isn't about entertaining players. You already have something to do: Test what they release, at whatever pace they release it...LOL.

If you finish early, then just wait until next month...LOL. That's how it goes. If you expected the initial build to provide daily entertainment until the next build, then I'd say you don't really understand EA.

Fanapryde, Epistolarius and mms like this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Ai is not that bad actually, there is something weird how they react to flags, but when I raced them in latest build they didn't stop in mid race. Something is a bit weird with aggressivity, but once you learn how to race with them they are really awesome competitors. Also they seem to have characters, or it was just impression... but they seem to me that they are less like one AI just multiplied with little variation, but they have a solid variation. haven't tried fell difficulty. But with 95 could pretty much do from 201st to first in 10-15minutes. Some battles were quite awesome though, some multiple overtakes were just too silly.

By the way, Empty_Box is the man, I'm still waiting for better or equal simracing reviewer, influencer, but there just is no one better.

12. MABlosfeld

MABlosfeld Rookie

there are great racing car simulator games (rfactor, irancig, pcars, r3e, simraceway, gts, ac) and ACC will also be a great car simulator game.

13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

It isn't terrible, but the things he talks about are real issues. You can be on equal pace with them for the entire lap, then you get to T1 and overtake 3 in a row. And then they give each other too much space when racing side by side, or sometimes when going side by side on corners they just ram you off.

14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

If he really understood what Early Access means I'd expect him to post bug reports and videos documenting issues on this official support forum. Not just a first impression video for his audience.

jaxx_za likes this.
  15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

WTF? I didn't buy the game on EA so that I could just pay to do Kunos a favour. The game being on Early Access doesn't mean you cannot form an opinion about it and you are obligated to report errors to the devs.

Andrew_WOT, mantasisg and BrunUK like this.
  16. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Out of curiosity, why did you buy it in EA ?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Haiden773 likes this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Complaining about a game in Early Access on video but not bothering to contribute to getting the game to release state is very poor form. Disagree all you want. (Edit: Also, note, I wrote 'I would expect' of him to contribute, not that 'he doesn't'.) If you buy a game during the Early Access period you have to treat it as such, not as a full release.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Haiden773 and Fanapryde like this.
  18. mibrandt

mibrandt Hardcore Simmer

He really isnt complaining though. He is describing what issues he encounters in the game in its current EA state. Complaining is an entirely different matter. I think it is a very positive review of ACC EA. How some ppl can jump on the fence about is a bit baffling to me.

Gevatter, Andrew_WOT and aotto1977 like this.
  19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Empty Box usually voices plane reason, and is entertaining to listen to, especially when he makes a video actually explaining something or introducing something and not just doing a race in iR, which is no doubt his true love. He also is tolerant and does not fire bullets and throw knifes and axes to make clear that only his opinion is the only valid one. I do not agree with all and every detail but then, he also doe snot expect that from me or anyone, and seems to be quite laid back without becoming unpolite. All in all I think his video on ACC 0.1 is fair and fine. He prefers iR, okay, I can see why, for sombody with his preferences it m akes sense, but he is also critical of some things and developments in iR, and has said many good things about AC1 and RR in long ago videos as well, so - be relaxed, no need to eat stuff as hot as you cook it.

aotto1977, Poguinhas and AlleyViper like this.
  20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

There are two types of racers. The one type picks several titles and takes turnson them, all in a relaxed state of mind. The other type is a biot more fanatical and just chooses one and sees any other title as pure heresy that must be fought against with sword and fire.

:D

mibrandt likes this.
  21. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Because I'm excited for ACC and I wanted to try it out as soon as possible. Why does this matter?

This. I really don't get people who seem to thing "Oh Empty Box hated ACC we shouldn't even listen to him" when all he did was voice his perfectly reasonable opinion about the game. He even said that there's a solid base to build on, and every criticism he made was valid.
    People treat their favorite simulators like their family. If you criticize it, even if it's constructive, they should prepare to get murdered.

And then there's me. I own AMS, RF2 and F1 2017, but I've pretty much only played AC up until now. Despite this I recognize that all simulators have their strong points, and AC also has its shortcomings. For some reason it seems really difficult for people to have this sort of common sense on the simracing community, I'm absolutely sure that not even the developers aren't as fanatic about their work as some players here.