1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Encoding your ac movies in virtual dub [question]. post your best looking videos!

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by tgchan, Oct 17, 2014.

1. tgchan

tgchan Gamer

Hey guys,

I would like to ask if anyone is using virtual dub for encoding your AC clips to YouTube.

As for now I am recording replays with D3D gear and later compressing them in virtual dub.

I am using these settings:

File size is good (100mb for about 3minutes ) but I am not really happy with the quality. What do you guys think about it?

What is more interesting, I have used to experiment a lot with different softwares, settings and no matter how big files I have been uploading, I wasn't happy with the final quality...

Please post your best looking clips with information what software + what settings etc. (everything what is needed) were you using for the final clip.

2. Iroiroiro

Iroiroiro Racer

I capture AC with Fraps (because OBS/Dxtory don't capture properly due to laptop+Optimus). Then I compress with ffmpeg. Currently my command line is as below. The result is an 80 MB file for 2:29 min video (read: roughly 100 MB for 3 mins). I suppose that Dxtory could be used to capture losslessly instead of Fraps, since it has a file save option.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i in.avi -c:a libvo_aacenc -b:a 128k -c:v libx264 -preset slow -tune ssim -crf 21 -s 1280x720 -threads 4 out.mp4
    There are so many settings that x264 can take that I'm sure the quality / size ratio could somehow be improved. A simple method would be to set the target resolution and then keep reducing the crf until you get the quality you want. Changing the tune option and the preset to a slower one are other simpler ways of adjusting quality.

Obviously that means one would first have to edit videos "raw" and then convert. I'm not going to post a video for a good reason: I have to play AC with minimum settings (yes, ALL of them), and so the quality would look terrible regardless of other factors.

3. Roland Osza

Roland Osza Simracer

No matter how good quality your video is, YouTube messes up, lowering the bitrate way too much. Check your encoded video, upload it to YouTube, then download that video and compare the both. The amount of quality loss is horrible.

4. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

this is why I upload all my vids direct from shadowplay the quality is much better with a raw upload only problem is you need a good upload speed with files being as big as 5gb for races

5. tgchan

tgchan Gamer

I really like the quality of videos from a guy called Empty Box on YouTube. I asked him about the settings and software, but I have never got the reply :/

Yea my upload sucks... but I remember uploading files over 1gb lasting about 5min and the quality still wasn't as good as I would like to... (I think it was because scaling down later on from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 )