1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Energy levels after racing in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Tobus, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Tobus

Tobus Racer

thanks for all the feedback. I turned vsync on, strangely that helps somewhat. Maybe me getting old ;-)

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I run Vsync, always an obvious improvement for me.

3. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

It sounds like it could be your FOV that is off. Combined with track iR moving your view around i can see why it would tire your eyes.

Use the following calculator and run a few sessions to see if it helps

https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/

4. Maybe get glasses, normal ones if there is an issue with your eyes or "Gaming" glasses that can help when starring at a screen for multiple hours.
    Drink enough while driving, for online races i have a sports drinking bottle besides me that i can grab when on straights
    Sleep and eat well before exhausting online/league races, generally having a good healt will
    Adjust your screen, brightness, colors etc. try to find calibrated settings for your particular model, increase or reduce brightness and color intensity
    Run vsync or Gsync, maybe locked FPS (vsync) will help your eyes/brain to feel less exhaustet (i see it already did in your answer)

Im 36, not very sporty, sleep too less usually, dont eat very healthy (just "normal") but i dont get such issues (yet)
    for example last sunday... i went to a racing lounge with triple screens and F1 replicas on a motion platform, did 3 stints at 30 mins then went home and did practice, qualy and a 60min online league race but i didnt feel very tired. it was more the opposite but that might have been the adrenaline as i was very pumped as i survived 60 mins on Monza with a 31 car grid and managed to not crash and could gain 6 Places up from my quali position. :)

5. CheatingTJ

CheatingTJ Gamer

That tells me that your problem is probably related to the track IR. Maybe you're trying to focus on one thing (a car, an apex or anything like that) and the bouncing of your head is making your eyes get tired... so the general feel is that you're out of energy. Try not using the track ir and turn off the VSync. See if it's the same.
    Also, you could be confusing tired with nauseated. If it's the second, then it's def the track ir. It's like reading while you're in a car.

6. junneh

junneh Gamer

Maybe your screen uses PWM dimming. This causes fast flickering (cant see with naked eye) which affects some people with tiredness, headaches, etc. Its more common in TV screens where u sit further away but its been showing up in new monitors too lately.