1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

English summary of Marco Massarutto interview about ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ShredatorFIN, Feb 22, 2018.

1. DM2zzion

DM2zzion Hardcore Simmer

Please stop with that crybaby-esque behaviour. Either you like what ACC has to offer (full licenced series, rain, etc.) and buy the game once it gets released or you are of the opinion that there isn't enough content and don't buy it. Derailing a thread in the official support forum showing off your immature attitude won't help anyone and won't change the game ACC.

2. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

all i want is the full Blancpain including the Asian side of it that to me is a full game not just a good DLC 16 tracks is not an un fair expectation for a sim in 2018

3. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

i would be very pleased with ACC with the full Blancpain and even with the European Blancpain i will be pleased but i want a sim i will play for years not just 3 to 6 months and with the full Blancpain i can see myself doing that

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I really wish you'd take some time to write out your sentences properly...

To the quoted part - that's debatable and entirely depends on the topic of the game. It's a game about a single series, the Blancpain GT Series - and the Blancpain GT Series 2018 season has ten tracks. Expecting the sim to also have other tracks not part of the Blancpain GT season is just unreasonable.

I would love to see future expansions of the likes of Blancpain GT Asia, Intercontinental GT or GT4 Series for ACC as well but I'd much rather have Kunos (which is a very small developer studio still) focus on a limited amount of content and release that content to highest quality possible instead of pushing out as much content as possible regardless of quality to please everyone moaning about the game not having enough content and not being worth the price.

mESCx, Typer, Kopiller and 2 others like this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Stop being a Negative Nancy when specifics are not even announced then.
    It’s not even funny anymore.

jim jones likes this.
  6. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

Blancpain GT Asia is an official Blancpain GT series tho so the official game of Blancpain should have all the Blancpain GT content i am not asking for tracks that are not apart of Blancpain because the Asian tracks are apart of Blancpain and with the partnership with Blancpain theres no reason at all why they cant do them tracks they have the access needed they have the license for it all now

7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Blancpain GT Asia is a different series to Blancpain GT Series (European tracks). The drivers from Euro don't participate in the Asian series. So you demanding to make Blancpain GT Series "complete" is a bad demand, because if they will offer the full car and track roster of Blancpain GT Series in ACC, then Kunos will deliver the complete product.

Ace Pumpkin and Epistolarius like this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The "Blancpain GT Series" is the Blancpain GT Series. Not Blancpain GT Series Asia, or anything else. The announcement and SRO/Blancpain press release also clearly state that the game will replicate the 2018 Blancpain GT Series season with no mention of the Asia series or others. The partnership with SRO makes more content covering SRO series more likely but not guaranteed.

Oh I don't know, specific licencing agreements only covering one series, certain tracks, certain cars, certain teams, certain sponsors on liveries and so on? And the time and cost of reproducing all of them digitally? Plus ACC covering the Blancpain GT Series does not at all mean that Kunos now has the licence for everything to do with SRO-organised series, and even if Kunos had such a deal we wouldn't know about it and shouldn't assume as much.

Daniel Monteiro and Typer like this.
  9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Hey just seen that RD just booked an interview with Kunos happening soon! Hopefully a vid and all questions answered and there's a lot there I see:D

WallyM likes this.
  10. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

Fair and unfair. Since when did fair and unfair come into play when it came to game development? The developer puts out a product. Either you like it or you don't. Either you buy it or you don't. Fair and unfair has nothing to do with it.

La Gonorrata, LeiF and hristo1026 like this.
  11. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Stop being such a freaking entitled crybaby snowflake...
    Holy crap. Kunos announced what ACC will be and what it will include. If you don't like it? DON'T BUY IT!
    Nobody puts a gun to your head to buy this game. And don't demand **** to be added to the game content-wise. If Kunos announced that the game will only have the content of the official Blancpain series then that's that.
    It seems you're the only one that isn't being objective. Hell, if I don't like a game or the content that's in that game then I don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

D3lta481, Kopiller, DaveS78 and 2 others like this.
  12. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Kevin, to be blunt, I don't think anyone cares what you want. Either you like the product or you don't. Move along if you don't. Simple.

13. TTM

TTM Alien

Offical game should contain all tracks, cars and drivers which will participate to current season. Nothing more or less and it’s not Kunos fault if number of tracks etc is what it is.

If someone doesn’t want to pay full price, it’s better to wait few months after release and there will be winter sales etc on steam where you can get game cheaper.

14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Early Access. They are publishing the game in early access in like 4 months. So, let's decide what we want: a game with the Blancpain GT3 series that we can start playing this summer, or a game with double the tracks in 2-3 years? Obviously they will use this platform to add content (DLCs). At the moment they are developing new features and Early Access is a way we have to support them and at the same time play with the new features as soon as they are available.

morpwr69 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  15. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i dont get some people at all. We (sim community) constantly go on about how great gtr2 was and had XYZ features and why dont current sims replicate this approach..

The second a dev has now given us a possible GTR2 beater/alternative people are now moaning they want a billion cars in this!!!

Im sooooooooo f-ing glad kunos are doing this, a whole motorsport series being replicated to every detail, with weather etc etc etc.. I mean this is what sim racing is about, simulating motorsport!! not how we can drift a pagani around norschliefe in under 7 mins..

Thank god for Kunos for breaking the sterile boring mould that sim racing seems to be stuck in. Honestly thank you!

16. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Kevin is absolutely right on one thing: 10 tracks is not a lot, baffling to see people say its plenty. It really isn't plenty at all. It will certainly need more than that if it to sell decent numbers to casuals ( yes I know its not really aimed at casuals ). Having said that, 10 tracks is still more real world tracks than what GTsport has.

17. TTM

TTM Alien

But all 10 tracks are or going to be laser scanned and it’s quite big thing compared to any other offical game. ;)

rymdhund and ShredatorFIN like this.
  18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

10 tracks is what they have in the OFFICIAL series. why do people find it hard to understand..

19. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

10 is plenty when you only get a couple of hours max a week to play simmy race race games, not all of us are unemployed beach bums with countless hours spare to drive every car on every track 3x a week!

20. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

I just wish we would have day → night transitions on every track , not only SPA.

lumataro likes this.