1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ERS management

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Coanda, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

"On the other hand the SF15-T has the new power unit with a very complex ERS system. The system includes an MGU-K with specific charge and deploy energy values, various profiles of energy deployment, different levels of energy charging, active rear braking pressure, MGU-H for energy harvesting from the Turbo that can be directed to the batteries or to the MGU-K, and different ICE engine braking levels. It has been a very intense period of research and implementation but everything has been coded and simulated in Assetto Corsa and it is available through keys and driving buttons for all Assetto Corsa users to configure!"

Some additional information I would like to know:-

- Could you please provide more information regarding each deployment mode?
    - What is the difference between battery and engine mode?
    - Do higher values set for harvesting or engine braking modes (unlike TC & ABS) actually mean more?
    - What affect on the car/driveability does more MGU-K recovery have?

One last thing. Will we ever move towards ERS, TC, ABS values being stored in the car setup?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    F1Aussie, vorph666 and yusupov like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Hybrid KERS management Jun 20, 2017
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to change your players name? Wednesday at 9:17 AM
    ACC Multiplayer Missing information in ACC Server Admin Handbook Version 1.10.0 Apr 3, 2024
    General modding discussion Where can I find all the versions? Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! on version 1.9.8 (the UE4 AC2 Game has crashed...) Mar 9, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is there two versjons of Silverstone in the game? Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds differences between versions Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 935 GT2 personnal skin mistake Feb 17, 2024
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024

3. Aris has said that he will write up better documentation and/or make a video in the coming days.

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Great :) I think it would help allot of people that are new to this technology.

5. Stefano also explained most of it in his latest stream; buried in one of these threads is a time stamp but simply fast forward through it until he starts to drive the SF15T

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

i haven't seen it. good to know though. i don't do fb & twitter and all that stuff so an official doco for all to see would be ace..

7. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Damn forum won't accept youtube with timestamps

Skip to: 58m45s

Michael Hornbuckle and yusupov like this.
  8. magzire

magzire Alien

We need an inch thick manual for this spacecraft lol

Angelo, Easy and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  9. yusupov

yusupov Alien

if you want to squeeze all you can out of it, yeah. but for novices who just want to enjoy it a basic primer should be plenty. the terms just aren't clear by themselves.

as far as i can tell, maximum power settings, which is all im looking for for now:

mgu-h: motor
    hotlap preset
    engine brake setting LOWEST (1 being lowest) [this uses more fuel; is unrelated to the harvested energy]

unrelated to power, but for more stability under braking, set mgu-k recovery as low as possible. this should allow you to use more rearward brake bias, which reduces breaking distances.

so thats a hotlap/qualy setup, in terms of power management + the in-car settings available.

race management is a whole nother ballgame & im sure aris will have a lot more details there.

10. Haven't spent a lot of time with this just yet, but looking forward to delving deep into the ERS management. Looking forward to a helpful conversation here about tips+tricks with this complex system.

One thing I did note was the Balanced High and Low deployment seemed a tad too far apart; Low wasn't using enough energy, high a bit too much! Though This will no doubt be fine tuned with the Recovery settings.

And whats the use for the overtake setting? Surely you'd just use the OT button, or if you wanted it for a bit longer the Hotlap mode would suffice? Only asking since its a bit difficult changing between modes, the less there is to choose from the better :D

11. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Overtake button is the "all in" mode for short bursts of full power. Combined with DRS it's explosive if you are in a balanced race mode.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  12. Kind of makes the Overtake deployment mode obsolete, no?

Personally I'd like to get rid of the overtake mode and topspeed mode too, using with the Balanced ones and of course Hotlap/Charging in qualifying.

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Just tried Monza in Hotlap mode, but I'm running out of allowed electric power (time) about 100-200m before braking for parabolica or just a bit after it, although battery has plenty of charge in it.

Anyone have any tipps on how to spread the use better over the lap?
    Switching to balanced high after second chicane had almost no effect.

(Beside that issue, my lap times are crap, don't know how Vettel went 1.24,8 there while I'm running 1.29's)

14. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

How are you guys managing to mess with all this while driving?

15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I use antimicro (Github releases click here) to re-assign the D-Pad of my G25, so I can use D-Pad for MGU-K delivery +/- and recovery +/-. Engine brake +/- and MGU-H mode are on my keyboard still. First time I really miss more buttons on my G25.

The D-Pad is reached pretty fast and easy, MGU-H mode is not switched often (at least I don't) just go to "motor" for hotlapping or "battery" for long-runs. Engine Brake I adjust a bit more, but not that I would replace other G25 buttons for it just for SF15T sake.

Engine brake is basicly the compromise between fuel saving and stability under braking.
    If you just want a stable car and don't care about fuel consumption, than just turn it down. If you want to simulate a realistic fuel use for a race distance (43-44l/100km) than turn it up and try to find a setting that is stable enough for you.
    Although MGU-K recovery, engine brake and brake bias have effects on stability of the rear under braking and a high MGU-K recovery (80%+ for me) also off-throttle after braking and can cause instability or spinning on turn-in or mid-corner.

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Was able to bind everything to my T500RS, I just leave ABS and TC tweaking to keyboard, since I never use them much anyway. D-Pad is usable with 3rd party software like Pinnacle Game Profiler or Joy2Key.

Managing it on the other hand... I'll wait for Aris's post about it.

17. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Pretty sure it's going to help out a lot those of us too who are more familiar with the tech. :)

18. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

For a better "custom" spread on tracks that run out of allocation in hotlap mode you can run a lower delivery mode and use the kers button manually to reach full use.

Schnipp likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Very true. I get the tech from watching F1 however now that its in my hands i am not 100% sure. I must say i am a little confused regarding the engine braking comments above.. taking my knowledge over from my rF2 days i would have thought more engine braking (higher number) would increase breaking stability whilst using up more fuel... Am i lost in my thinking here...?

20. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

What is happening when you set the engine braking lower is that the car keeps burning some fuel with the throttle closed. Keeps some airflow going under the rear wing, giving a bit extra DF. Less engine braking also means the braking/coast balance will have moved forward so more stable but you can also compensate that by setting the MGU-K recovery a bit higher, giving you more electrical power for the straights, but bringing the brake/coast balance back towards the rear maybe giving instability.

garyjpaterson and Schnipp like this.
  21. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Watch the previous posted video from Stefano, he talks about engine brake at 1:05:45.
    Phil basicly just wrote what was said by Stefano.