1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Evo Cars.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SimGuy_1, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Are new EVO cars faster than their predecessors IRL?
    I can't tell if new ones are faster or not.I don't think there are any major differences in power but visually EVO cars definitely doing some things differently.
    P.S: I know that Bently Gen 2 is faster but old one was bad so that's expected.I want to know about cars that were already considered fast and efficient and how their EVO models compare.(EX->>Audi,Porsche,Lamborghini etc)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Huracan ST Evo 2 - Most AI Cars Driven by M. Mapelli Jun 21, 2022
    Physics Bugs & Issues Some faster cars like LaFerrari EVO599XX losing rear grip to easy since tire model V7 May 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AUDI EVO 2 and MERCEDES AMG GT3 2020 Nov 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Huracan GT3 and evo 1 Aug 28, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren 720S GT3 EVO -dashboard - TC and ABS wrong on startup Aug 10, 2023
    Screens & Videos Initial D Themed | Lan Evo 3 Drifts Down Irohazaka Downhill Jul 31, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AMG GT3 Evo Rain Light Jul 30, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Initial fuel per lap is wrong for McLaren EVO at Monza Jul 10, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Evolution Racing Academy Jun 5, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage value for the new 720S GT3 Evo May 27, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 720S Evo banner (texture streaming) May 27, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan GT3 evo2 Fuel usage May 12, 2023

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Paul Ricard

GRT Grasser Racing Team
    2018 Quali`s 3 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 1:54:510
    2019 Quali`s 3 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO 1:52:813

Attempto racing
    2018 Quali`s Audi R8 LMS 1:54.928
    2019 Quali`s Audi R8 LMS 1:53.007

R-Motorsport
    2018 Quali`s 3 Aston Martin V12 Vantage 1:54.169
    2019 Quali`s 3 Aston Martin Vantage AMR GT3 1:53.139

Just some of the examples... now ofc weather and track stats could be affecting these times and PR if i recall was dry and hot last year and this year.. faster 2019 laps in evo cars

SimGuy_1 and A-Jin like this.
  4. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

So they are indeed faster Nice find.
    Hope they will be faster in sim as well i'm extremely confident on KUNOS work.

5. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Can't compare different years, apples and oranges.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Radfahrer, Epistolarius and mESCx like this.
  6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

You don't get the point of my post.
    I just wanted to see whether there any improvements or not.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Then the answer would be 'no'.

They might be faster unrestricted, they might allow a driver to be quick easier, but they're not supposed to be simply be "faster" than the old car. That's not the purpose of homologation evolution upgrades.

And getting the point or not is irrelevant since that's the only way for us to know if they're faster but it's not a reliable method as the times depend on far more variables than just the EVO upgrade.

8. Borbor

Borbor Racer

I got your point just fine. But you pulled data from two different boundary conditions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

I think they are improved in some ways for sure,but pussy restrictions will choke them again....sigh.I'm all for diversity but when a FAT bently is winning races just because of artificial restriction then its no racing or engineering marvel.
    Anyway, I personally can't wait for lamborghini EVO in ACC.

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  10. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

The main aim for evo cars are to be easier for the drivers. It's obvious they can't make their car faster as it will just be slowed down by BoP, so instead they focus on making the cars strong, easier to drive and so on.

Radfahrer likes this.
  11. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

What does EVO actually mean in this context? I don’t understand what specifically gets changed to an EVO car rather than just a new version of it. Can anyone explain please?

12. Adastros

Adastros Racer

easier to drive for porsche, audi, and lambo

13. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Did The new Porsche change engine location like the RSR GTE ?

14. yes. the new 911 Gt3 R is now more near to the 911 RSR. You can see the new 911 has a diffusor.

15. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

I hope there not faster. Everybody would take them BoP wil balance them out hopefully

16. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Evo=Evolution.
    It's not a new car but it's improving existing car in every way possible.

17. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Evo cars will definitely be better than old cars.No one uses old cars IRL when EVO upgrade are out.
    BoP will balance between EVO cars but i don't think they will balance it to fight with old cars.
    Look new Bentely gen 2 for example it is easily one of the faster car compared to old cars.

18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I don't think it's mid engine it's still rear engine as seen on 2019 specifications page.
    Diffuser looks way better now though.

19. aaaape

aaaape Racer

Aris did a write up on the Gen 2 Bentley and talks about all the changes. Pinned up top of this forum. Great read

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Which is an entirely new car, not a evolution upgrade package of the previous homologation.

21. aaaape

aaaape Racer

so what then are they just aero upgrades? Electronics? Same engine and placement? The vantage probably has the biggest changes